Should we pay CeeDee?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And Diggs was traded away from Buffalo for a 2nd rd pick and you think someone might give 2 1st rd picks for Lamb who also wants 30 million per season?
It’s now over $33 million compliments of Philly and Brown. Blueblood70 is counting on a steel. No one is trading anything for Lamb. And he will get $35 million per season. By mid-May, $40 million. It’s Jerry’s call.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Guy and gals I know his last playoff performance left a lot us disappointed but he is still one of the best WRs in all of football. You pay him....

blueblood70

Reaction score
And Diggs was traded away from Buffalo for a 2nd rd pick and you think someone might give 2 1st rd picks for Lamb who also wants 30 million per season?
Tyree Hill got it, I mean I don't remember the trade details, but that dude got a lot of draft picks and got paid big so yes it can happen, what did the Eagles get for A.J. Brown I mean whatever it was they turned around and handed him $100 million contract and now handed him another contract so teams will trade for top end wide receivers and then pay them just like we've seen with quarterbacks how do you think Russell Wilson and deshaun Watson got all those trade picks and then got a contract that was ridiculous without playing a single game for those franchises so yes teams are open to doing things like that..

They're paying guys like devante Smith or whatever his name is with the Eagles getting 25 and he's basically the number two guy A.J. Brown then get up to 33 million so yes teams are paying that.. May not be too first but what if they give a top first like it's a team with a higher first round pick and then you get a second or 1/3 I mean I think you could get a nice wide receiver in next year's draft with that pic... That's the thing you gotta just keep your options open that's a fan I see him staying on this team for 17,000,000 is a steal this year.. And the fact is you can use the franchise tag on it but you really want to keep him here he may not like it but we have options but if it's something he pushes where he holds out then why not take a first and a third for this guy if it's the right first and third??​

I'm not saying trade the guy I'm saying keep your options and your mind open... Fans are close minded and they're really upset at Jerry right now and nothing they do is ever gonna be right whether it's right or not like last night's draft they did the right thing trading down they stole a third round pick and got an offensive tackle that may be the future offensive tackle at least it's upside says they may put him at left tackle right away and and let them go through growing pains like they did Tyler Smiths rookie year...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s now over $33 million compliments of Philly and Brown. Blueblood70 is counting on a steel. No one is trading anything for Lamb. And he will get $35 million per season. By mid-May, $40 million. It’s Jerry’s call.
I just dont get you guys. Does Lamb have an agent? Yes he does, and its the same group representing Jefferson. It is NOT in Lambs interst to sign ANY DEAL right now. Stephen basically said that the other day. What more do you need him to say?

The Cowboys dont have a deal with Lamb because he isnt signing any deal until Jefferson has signed or has an agreement. Its like you are sitting at a table with 5 players playing poker, but you get to see the cards of 2 other players. It gives you an advantage, and Lamb has all the advantage since his agent and Jefferson's are one and the same.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just dont get you guys. Does Lamb have an agent? Yes he does, and its the same group representing Jefferson. It is NOT in Lambs interst to sign ANY DEAL right now. Stephen basically said that the other day. What more do you need him to say?

The Cowboys dont have a deal with Lamb because he isnt signing any deal until Jefferson has signed or has an agreement. Its like you are sitting at a table with 5 players playing poker, but you get to see the cards of 2 other players. It gives you an advantage, and Lamb has all the advantage since his agent and Jefferson's are one and the same.
add in Brandon ayuk and jamar chase these guys are all looking for contracts and there are other guys even that are just below them like T Higgins demanding trades the wide receiver markets in flux right now and yes they're playing the wait and see game and people act like Jerry and Steven are purposely not signing these guys they do have agents they're not stupid and no we were never gonna get dak Prescott to sign a five year deal back in 2018 that was going to be lowballed because his agents were not gonna allow that it had been a two to three-year deal and they would have been back with their hands out or threatened to hold out because agents are pretty smart as well and all players are not stupid... So all these contracts not being signed earlier are not always on the front office there are a lot of moving parts with layers of people that make these decisions...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
add in Brandon ayuk and jamar chase these guys are all looking for contracts and there are other guys even that are just below them like T Higgins demanding trades the wide receiver markets in flux right now and yes they're playing the wait and see game and people act like Jerry and Steven are purposely not signing these guys they do have agents they're not stupid and no we were never gonna get dak Prescott to sign a five year deal back in 2018 that was going to be lowballed because his agents were not gonna allow that it had been a two to three-year deal and they would have been back with their hands out or threatened to hold out because agents are pretty smart as well and all players are not stupid... So all these contracts not being signed earlier are not always on the front office there are a lot of moving parts with layers of people that make these decisions...
no, no , no. It is only Jerry involved, and if I can find something more to bash him for, let me have at it. Do not come in here speaking any of that rational thought crap. In my best Herm Edwards voice...... I LIKE COMPLAINING!

blueblood70

Reaction score
no, no , no. It is only Jerry involved, and if I can find something more to bash him for, let me have at it. Do not come in here speaking any of that rational thought crap. In my best Herm Edwards voice...... I LIKE COMPLAINING!
You know with this latest Eagles mess with them signing both their wide receivers, it may put a little more pressure on Jerry because I think CD lamb might have woke up right now looking at all these new contracts and even though I don't think he's going to hold out and I think $17 million is a whole lot of money to play for this year, he made feel like a little differently than he did two weeks ago and might want ot up the time table, put some pressure on jerry to do it now...

I think we're gonna find out a whole lot more about this roster in the offseason in two weeks typically after the draft is when Jerry and Steven do a whole lot more with veteran free agents and signing some of these players up for contracts they'll get it done before the season starts if it's on their radar... But you are correct, CDs agent and CD have more control of this than Jerry and Stephen... They may have already came to Jerry and said we'll take 33 right now or we're just going to wait and then every contract signed after that pushes it to 35..

But as a fan looking at this how much is too much?? If we can get a first and 3rd for CD instead of paying him 35?? hmmm

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You know with this latest Eagles mess with them signing both their wide receivers, it may put a little more pressure on Jerry because I think CD lamb might have woke up right now looking at all these new contracts and even though I don't think he's going to hold out and I think $17 million is a whole lot of money to play for this year, he made feel like a little differently than he did two weeks ago and might want ot up the time table, put some pressure on jerry to do it now...

I think we're gonna find out a whole lot more about this roster in the offseason in two weeks typically after the draft is when Jerry and Steven do a whole lot more with veteran free agents and signing some of these players up for contracts they'll get it done before the season starts if it's on their radar... But you are correct, CDs agent and CD have more control of this than Jerry and Stephen... They may have already came to Jerry and said we'll take 33 right now or we're just going to wait and then every contract signed after that pushes it to 35..

But as a fan looking at this how much is too much?? If we can get a first and 3rd for CD instead of paying him 35?? hmmm
You draft players hoping they turn into CeeDee... why would you possibly trade the guy that is who you hoped he would be? Bottom line is if you aint got Mahomes, you better have CeeDee Lambs and Micha Parsons.

dckid

Reaction score
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.
Why does anyone care how much he costs? The question is can we manage the cap?
Jerry has no shortage of cash, more revenue more profit, most valuable franchise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You draft players hoping they turn into CeeDee... why would you possibly trade the guy that is who you hoped he would be? Bottom line is if you aint got Mahomes, you better have CeeDee Lambs and Micha Parsons.
Again it's the same reasons that other teams have been in the same position that you get rid of a tyree kill amari Cooper stefon diggs devante Adams A.J. Brown Hopkins and others everybody doesn't always get to keep their toys... I get both sides of this debate I'm saying keep an open mind there's a price cap you have to put on a position before it becomes ridiculous.. This is the same reason jamar chase and Justin Jefferson will be on their fifth year options but their contracts are coming up but at the same time those guys all above were very good to great and some future hall of Famers hell did not Antonio Brown and keep his mental antics out of it but he and bell were went some of the best players on the Pittsburgh Steelers and they made demands and the Steelers weren't having anything of it and ended up getting rid of them... Jerry Jones and this team is in this position there's a lot of guys to pay but you have to figure out what piece of the pie goes to which players and at some point the number gets too big...

So what I'm asking what number is that??

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Again it's the same reasons that other teams have been in the same position that you get rid of a tyree kill amari Cooper stefon diggs devante Adams A.J. Brown Hopkins and others everybody doesn't always get to keep their toys... I get both sides of this debate I'm saying keep an open mind there's a price cap you have to put on a position before it becomes ridiculous.. This is the same reason jamar chase and Justin Jefferson will be on their fifth year options but their contracts are coming up but at the same time those guys all above were very good to great and some future hall of Famers hell did not Antonio Brown and keep his mental antics out of it but he and bell were went some of the best players on the Pittsburgh Steelers and they made demands and the Steelers weren't having anything of it and ended up getting rid of them... Jerry Jones and this team is in this position there's a lot of guys to pay but you have to figure out what piece of the pie goes to which players and at some point the number gets too big...

So I believe that you can not discuss teams that have an all time great QB. Yea, look at the "Patriot way." That name is a joke. It should have been called, "We have Tom Brady so we can ditch players way." It could now be called the "We have Patrick Mahomes so we can ditch players way."

I like those names better, because now you could say, "We dot have Brady and we suck trying that same approach way." So when you talk about getting rid of Tyreke, yea, they got away with it, because Mahomes covers up deficiencies.

I never placed Amari Cooper as THE GUY. He is very good, but he simply doesnt drive the ship. Adams was traded because his demands were too high, Brown, same,Hopkins, same... BUT, look at all those teams that traded those guys. What have they done since the trade? Dont bring up Houston because its been years later, and the ONLY reason they look to be a legit team is because it looks like they hit gold at QB, which is exactly why you saw 6 QBs go in the first 12 picks yesterday.

Chase and Jefferson ARE guys that drive the boat, and they are gonna get a serious paycheck. Lamb.... cmon, dude had 138 catches last year. There is no way to say he isnt helping drive the boat and this is why his agent will not let him sign a deal until he knows whats happening with those other two guys.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

oh... what number is that? Im thinking 4 years at about 128 million is what it is gonna be... somewhere in that range.

conner01

Reaction score
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.
He’s gonna cost 35 a year now. But why wouldn’t you keep him now