Should we replace with Zeke with Marcel Reece?

goshan

Reaction score
New stat is - ANRY/A - Adjusted Net Rushing Yards per Attempt

Rushing Yards + (10xRushing 1st Downs) + (Rushing TDs x 40) - (Rushing Fumbles x 25)/ Attempts

I bet the correlation to winning is much greater than 45% when a team's ANRY/A is better than their opponents.......I can't run the data or test the numbers but I'm sure they can be tweaked to a point they will prove what we want to prove...

I like it.

Plankton

Reaction score
that's the equivalent of punctuating sarcasm with "OH BY THE WAY I WAS BEING SARCASTIC" there is zero fun in that, and helps those with less intelligence to blend it with the herd. I want them outed, I want to know who understands and likes my sarcasm. I want to see their names in my notifications so that I may remember them and agree with them blindly as repayment.

It's the equivalent of changing your vocal inflection when speaking to someone, indicating sarcasm. A little harder to do with text.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yes, we both have agreed that YPC and every other statistical measurement of rushing efficiency are virtually meaningless.

The facts have been answering for it, week after week after week, year after year after year.

Do you honestly believe that any NFL scout, coach or GM would say that the only thing that makes Elliott better than Reece is his YPC?

you agree that YPC is useless, and you insist to make an argument based on its lack of correlation?

you are the one trying to argue against conventional wisdon (rushing well matters), not me.

i tried to as scientific as possible choosing Reece.
i picked a larger faster player who is known for being a good receiver.
so the clearer difference is the running ability.

if you think that is unfair, suggest a player who is a better example

waldoputty

Reaction score
Primer on how to use sarcasm, and have the meaning recognized by all.

Please identify the sarcastic line below:
  • The Cowboys are America's Team.
  • Nothing is better than watching the Steelers getting their butts kicked by the Cowboys on their home field.
  • With Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys' future looks very bright.
  • Jerry Jones is the brains behind the Cowboy football operation.
Use italics - it makes it easier to understand. Such as.....

I love reading threads about Dak vs. Romo. I always learn something new.

I love reading threads about Dak vs. Romo. I always learn something new.

Makes it easier, no?

Live it. Learn it. Love it.

ok, ok, i screwed up the humor.
i admit it.
will do better time :lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
that's the equivalent of punctuating sarcasm with "OH BY THE WAY I WAS BEING SARCASTIC" there is zero fun in that, and helps those with less intelligence to blend it with the herd. I want them outed, I want to know who understands and likes my sarcasm. I want to see their names in my notifications so that I may remember them and agree with them blindly as repayment.

ok, i messed up.
i was getting sick of the argument in a different thread.
then i overdid it in the OP :facepalm:

waldoputty

Reaction score
All stats are flawed in some way. But by any statistical measurement, how well you run the ball or stop the run within a game is virtually meaningless. But statistical measurements of passing efficiency are very meaningful, despite the flaws.

Does it matter if we average 3.4 yards per carry or 5.4 yards per carry in a game? Not really. It probably won't affect whether we win or lose, and it won't have much of an effect on how well we pass the ball. Just as it probably won't matter if we allow 3.4 yards per carry or 5.4 yards per carry -- what will matter is how well we defend the pass.

You obviously agree with everything I have said, but you continue to set up straw men for some reason.

all stats are flawed, we all agree.
by any statistical measurement, how well you run the ball or stop the ball is only virtually meaningless in the sense that the data set is screwed up.
the problem is that you used the lack of correlation in a very flawed analysis and use it as license to say running well does not matter.
you try to argue conventional wisdom
you should use an argument that is valid.

this is not a strawman, but a simple common sense in how to use statistics.

Proof

Reaction score
ok, i messed up.
i was getting sick of the argument in a different thread.
then i overdid it in the OP :facepalm:

no sorry, I was replying to the use of sarcasm font. it should be wholly unnecessary. you put your best sarcastic foot forward and let the chips fall where they may.

good job sir.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Actually sarcasm is denoted by a drawl in tone. It's the equivalent of doing that. If you deadpan sarcasm then many people see that as backbiting.

Intelligence has little to do with it. Autism spectrum and similar disorders which range in intelligence from both ends by definition struggle to pick it up. There are all different forms of nuance and many of them are completely subjective. It's less discerning than you think.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Actually sarcasm is denoted by a drawl in tone. It's the equivalent of doing that. If you deadpan sarcasm then many people see that as backbiting.

Intelligence has little to do with it. Autism spectrum and similar disorders which range in intelligence from both ends amongst other things by definition struggle to pick it up. There are all different forms of nuance and many of them are completely subjective.

Fuzzy, who is the new picture?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This forum only seems to appreciate sarcasm coming from @Risen Star and @Alexander. Any attempts at sarcasm by anyone else invariably draw sneers and hate. :laugh:

Granted, the aforementioned individuals are very well versed in this subject after much practice.

Alexander wields sarcasm with the agility and balance of a fish riding a bicycle. He does frequently get rides on Risen's coattails, I'll grant you, but make no mistake about which one is fat Batman and which is Boy Wonder.

Risen, on the other hand, I have to hand it to. He's mastered the art of chat room sarcastic excellence. So much so, that I'm starting to miss him during this blasted winning streak. Will it ever end so that we can go back to complaining about management and our drafting prowess in peace?

waldoputty

Reaction score
@AdamJT13

you said Reece is not a fair comparison, lets look at the comp.
i tried really hard to find a player that offers similar ability as Zeke OTHER THAN RUNNING ABILITY as a test of your "rushing well does not matter"
seems like Reece offers more for blocking and similar receiving to me:

Parameter----------Reece-------------Zeke
Pro bowls ----------- 4 -------------------hopefully many
Weight --------------- 250 ----------------230
40 time --------------4.42 -----------------4.46
Pass receiving ----good hands------good hands
Blocking-------------250lb, fluid------230lb, fluid
Running ability ------? ------------------- great

Last edited:

chagus

Reaction score
3a5b5edc52698108239c0742fb6358bb.jpg

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

Some have suggested that rushing well does not matter when it comes to winning, and only passing efficiency matters.
So if you believe this, we can replace Zeke with Marcel Reece.

Who is Marcel Reece?
He is a top rated 4-time pro-bowl FB formerly with Oakland but is currently available.
He is also 250lb and runs a 4.42 40, so bigger than Zeke.
As a blocker, Reece can generate power as a runner and blocker, with low center of gravity and is natural at firing out low and hard.
He is also a top tier route runner with 4.42 40 speed, so faster than Zeke.
What is not to like...

Why? Perhaps we can save on salary cap $ and we can even trade Zeke for at least one 1st round pick or even a DE that we desperately need!
That is if you truly believe that running the ball well does not matter to winning (based on silly statistical analysis using data that is very flawed...)

What do you guys think would happen if we were to replace Zeke with Marcel?
:muttley::facepalm::lmao2::lmao::laugh:

Seriously, Marcel may not be a bad pick up... given the receiving threat as FB...
Lmao I'll take him to come be our fullback

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Alexander wields sarcasm with the agility and balance of a fish riding a bicycle. He does frequently get rides on Risen's coattails, I'll grant you, but make no mistake about which one is fat Batman and which is Boy Wonder.

Risen, on the other hand, I have to hand it to. He's mastered the art of chat room sarcastic excellence. So much so, that I'm starting to miss him during this blasted winning streak. Will it ever end so that we can go back to complaining about management and our drafting prowess in peace?
:lmao2::hammer:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

Some have suggested that rushing well does not matter when it comes to winning, and only passing efficiency matters.
So if you believe this, we can replace Zeke with Marcel Reece.

Who is Marcel Reece?
He is a top rated 4-time pro-bowl FB formerly with Oakland but is currently available.
He is also 250lb and runs a 4.42 40, so bigger than Zeke.
As a blocker, Reece can generate power as a runner and blocker, with low center of gravity and is natural at firing out low and hard.
He is also a top tier route runner with 4.42 40 speed, so faster than Zeke.
What is not to like...

Why? Perhaps we can save on salary cap $ and we can even trade Zeke for at least one 1st round pick or even a DE that we desperately need!
That is if you truly believe that running the ball well does not matter to winning (based on silly statistical analysis using data that is very flawed...)

What do you guys think would happen if we were to replace Zeke with Marcel?
:muttley::facepalm::lmao2::lmao::laugh:

Seriously, Marcel may not be a bad pick up... given the receiving threat as FB...

While we are it let's remove the star from the Cowboys helmet.
Let's put a dot there instead.