Should we replace with Zeke with Marcel Reece?

Ring Leader

Reaction score
image.jpg

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

Some have suggested that rushing well does not matter when it comes to winning, and only passing efficiency matters.
So if you believe this, we can replace Zeke with Marcel Reece.

Who is Marcel Reece?
He is a top rated 4-time pro-bowl FB formerly with Oakland but is currently available.
He is also 250lb and runs a 4.42 40, so bigger than Zeke.
As a blocker, Reece can generate power as a runner and blocker, with low center of gravity and is natural at firing out low and hard.
He is also a top tier route runner with 4.42 40 speed, so faster than Zeke.
What is not to like...

Why? Perhaps we can save on salary cap $ and we can even trade Zeke for at least one 1st round pick or even a DE that we desperately need!
That is if you truly believe that running the ball well does not matter to winning (based on silly statistical analysis using data that is very flawed...)

What do you guys think would happen if we were to replace Zeke with Marcel?
:muttley::facepalm::lmao2::lmao::laugh:

Seriously, Marcel may not be a bad pick up... given the receiving threat as FB...

I don't know who is dumber. The guy who makes a thread like this or the people who bite on it.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I don't know who is dumber. The guy who makes a thread like this or the people who bite on it.

Waldo just went a bit too in-depth (too wordy) on a satirical or smart-alec post, thus drawing the consternation of the masses. His post borders on "is this for real, or is it a joke, or a combo of both?"

It takes finesse to make a long-winded satirical post work. Most of Alexander's and Risen Star's posts are short and sweet, and easily discernible. Going with a 250+ word post targeting satire requires literary flair. Waldo is a statistics guy, not a lit major :)

And Waldo isn't dumb, brotha :)

waldoputty

Reaction score
Waldo just went a bit too in-depth (too wordy) on a satirical or smart-alec post, thus drawing the consternation of the masses. His post borders on "is this for real, or is it a joke, or a combo of both?"

It takes finesse to make a long-winded satirical post work. Most of Alexander's and Risen Star's posts are short and sweet, and easily discernible. Going with a 250+ word post targeting satire requires literary flair. Waldo is a statistics guy, not a lit major :)

yes, learning still on how posters here work...

but what do you make of this marcel guy.
drug suspension, yes, but surprised he is available

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
yes, learning still on how posters here work...

but what do you make of this marcel guy.
drug suspension, yes, but surprised he is available

We don't need him, we have two starting quality HB's on the roster (one a phenom, the other pretty damn good) and a couple awesome backups.

Extraneous. Drug suspension makes it much less likely. Maybe in the offseason as a FB add, if the price is right (way, way low contract, ~1-1.5m aav). We need defense not more rushers, Waldo.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, learning still on posters here work...
Word of advice? Keep your distance from @Risen Star. He may appear meek and enjoys receiving likes by the bushel but under that 19th century mustache lies a guy who'll beat you to death with a bowling pin if you look at him cross-eyed.

You have been warned.

:omg:

waldoputty

Reaction score
We don't need him, we have two starting quality HB's on the roster (one a phenom, the other pretty damn good) and a couple awesome backups.

Extraneous. Drug suspension makes it much less likely. Maybe in the offseason as a FB add, if the price is right (way, way low contract, ~1-1.5m aav). We need defense not more rushers, Waldo.

He is probably better than the FB we have now.
No where to get the defenders unless the injured/suspended guys come back

waldoputty

Reaction score
Word of advice? Keep your distance from @Risen Star. He may appear meek and enjoys receiving likes by the bushel but under that 19th century mustache lies a guy who'll beat you to death with a bowling pin if you look at him cross-eyed.

You have been warned.

seriously, i am just here to have fun and chat about cowboys.
i started this thread because this topic came up in another thread and i wanted to separate them.
poor execution is poor execution though, my bad

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score

hey trouty, for your information, i took my stats classes in a liberal arts college...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger.

Some have suggested that rushing well does not matter when it comes to winning, and only passing efficiency matters.
So if you believe this, we can replace Zeke with Marcel Reece.

You love to set up straw men, don't you?

Do you believe that Marcel Reece a better football player than Ezekiel Elliott? If so, do you believe that YPC is the only thing that makes Elliott better than Reece?