Shouldn't we be talking about the OL?

bigE79

Reaction score
Yep.
Basically, the key to the whole thing.

Effects quarterbacking, defense and coaching too. The majority of posters here gloss over this or intentionally ignore it to promote their own personal agenda that is not TEAM success related.

The OL performance has a real trickle down effect, especially with this team. How it goes, the team goes. Always has been that way.

jmo
Without their good play, we're probably 1-3.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The Landry Shift says everything we need to know about this offensive line. It says we are jelling and playing good.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
When Collins gets back and is in playing shape, will the coaching staff be clever enough to have McGovern and Steele in a double FB set?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
When Collins gets back and is in playing shape, will the coaching staff be clever enough to have McGovern and Steele in a double FB set?

if Steele keeps playing well, I wonder if Collins will be cut next Spring.

he’s due mega millions in base.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Absolutely. Depth is there as well.

I've gotta give the FO credit here. They have done a great job at making the team better lately.

Jerry loves credit, so someone please get this to him. We know it was all him.

i think we are strong at G. CMcGov could start.

need a backup C.

after Steele, it’s not good.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i think we are strong at G. CMcGov could start.

need a backup C.

after Steele, it’s not good.
I'm kind of a Knight fan. Not as a starter but I think he is a capable backup. Sure he had some struggles but he is the 4th/5th tackle on the team.

I also like Farinok. He is a rookie of course but looked good at C in preseason (I'm not sure if he dresses, but if not, then yeah we would probably have backup C problems mid game).

Alarcon is still around as well.

Not saying these guys are studs, but backups generally arent.

The one guy I'm not wild about is Williams, and fully agree McGovern should start. I've been saying that here for a while.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What do we rank in pass blocking. The middle has went against the best DT in the league in just 4 games.

Batman1980

Reaction score
What do we rank in pass blocking. The middle has went against the best DT in the league in just 4 games.

Doubt it's good but the silver lining is now that Biadasz has run through the gauntlet, he should have the seasoning necessary to turn it on when it counts in December and January.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Doubt it's good but the silver lining is now that Biadasz has run through the gauntlet, he should have the seasoning necessary to turn it on when it counts in December and January.
Agree for sure. He got run over a few times but your taking every snap as the one snapping to the QB and no bad snaps so he held his own IMO.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The running lanes this OL has provided thus far is very impressive.

Tampa, LAC, Philly and Carolina all have pretty good DLines as well.

I personally would stay with it a little more than we have, but no one seems to do that anymore. Could be a take what they are giving you thing, not sure.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m all for letting Biadasz play through this season but I’m not holding my breath for him if there’s an opportunity to improve.

Also looking forward to C. Williams walking after this season and McGovern sliding in.

I think the development of Steele as a swing tackle is slept on in terms of roster building.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m all for letting Biadasz play through this season but I’m not holding my breath for him if there’s an opportunity to improve.

Also looking forward to C. Williams walking after this season and McGovern sliding in.

I think the development of Steele as a swing tackle is slept on in terms of roster building.

They are also paying Steele almost nothing.

Bluefin

Reaction score
What do we rank in pass blocking.
31st in pass block win rate according to Football Outsiders.

BTB looked at some analytics earlier in the week using Football Outsiders' grades. LINK

Conversely, The OL ranks 4th in run block win rate and 1st in Adjusted Line Yards running the football.

I was wondering the same thing earlier this week.

I believe we will see Connor McGovern and Terence Steele on the field together in some sets, but the latter might line up as a tight end instead of in a full house look at fullback.

Reaction score
if Steele keeps playing well, I wonder if Collins will be cut next Spring.

he’s due mega millions in base.

Steele is holding up okay without too much help but he's not at Collins' level,,, not yet anyway. And there's a lot to be said about having depth while you can enjoy it, especially in the OL. Those guys get hurt all the time.

conner01

Reaction score
I read it here too. They are not terrible, but they are the weak-link that's for sure.
Biadasz has played 8 games I think now
CW is a very good guard
They are the weakest link but someone will always be the weakest link with smith and Martin
Finding a couple more guys like them is probably not a reachable goal