Video: Shout out to Erik Williams

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He was the most dominant lineman In the league pre-accident. He’s the only man I ever saw that could handle Reggie White.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/reggie-white-s-nightmare-erik-williams-280076

“I remember White on the sideline talking about how Williams on the opening play hit him in his throat with his fist, or take his thumb and poke White in the eye blurring his vision. I had never seen a player leg whip Reggie or dive in the back of his legs like Williams did. Williams was able to reduce one of the greatest rushers of all time into a non-factor in the game.” —from article

Can we please have another bully that just doesn’t give a ****?

Last edited:

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
He was the most dominant lineman In the league pre-accident. He’s the only man I ever saw that could handle Reggie White.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/reggie-white-s-nightmare-erik-williams-280076

“I remember White on the sideline talking about how Williams on the opening play hit him in his throat with his fist, or take his thumb and poke White in the eye blurring his vision. I had never seen a player leg whip Reggie or dive in the back of his legs like Williams did. Williams was able to reduce one of the greatest rushers of all time into a non-factor in the game.” —from article

Players like that have problems in today's game. See Earl Thomas.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Another thing, how do you make all-pro first team in 1995 but don't make the pro bowl?

Reactions: BAT

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Amazing player, and what a find in the draft. I agree with Woody, a Hall of Fame career derailed by the knee injury suffered in that car crash.

The media displayed pictures of his demolished car after that wreck. Looking at it, it was nothing short of amazing that he managed to survive, much less return to the game. Of course, he was never quite the same after that but he still was exceptional, nevertheless. Eric Williams was a great, great RT, without question. He was, truly, one for the ages!

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
Dude literally drove his sports car into a concrete wall under an overpass. Amazing he walked again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I saw him basically make Reggie White cry out there on the field, complaining to the refs about being bullied. That was amazing to me, and something I'll never forget. At that time, the Eagles defense were the bullies, but they didn't like it when it got handed back at them. That's when I knew that the tides had turned and there were no more 11-sack games of Troy Aikman, but instead it was the Cowboys who would be dishing out the punishment.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think but not 100% sure. Reggie White never got a sack when Erik Williams blocked him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Should be in NFL HOF too. Just as good at his position as TD was and for just as long. Terrel Davis that is

100 pct agree. The injury stole a couple good seasons from him. His time was short in the league but nobody can deny his greatness. He played in an era of great DLineman and he dominated every one of them. Sure his career was cut short but when you face off and dominate Bruce Smith and Reggie White for years you are a HOFer. He must get in.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I saw him basically make Reggie White cry out there on the field, complaining to the refs about being bullied. That was amazing to me, and something I'll never forget. At that time, the Eagles defense were the bullies, but they didn't like it when it got handed back at them. That's when I knew that the tides had turned and there were no more 11-sack games of Troy Aikman, but instead it was the Cowboys who would be dishing out the punishment.

Remember the tape job he had on his hand. It was like a hatchet with a spike (his thumb). He loved chopping guys in the head. He absolutely bullied all time greats. Just beat the hell out of them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the tape job he had on his hand. It was like a hatchet with a spike (his thumb). He loved chopping guys in the head. He absolutely bullied all time greats. Just beat the hell out of them.

Oh yeah! His arms were like clubs, and he'd just batter whoever was stuck lining up across from him. He made his name by being one of the few who could handle the Minister of Defense. Most of his moves would probably get flagged today, but I liked that 'dish it out rather than take it' mentality that he brought.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He had a club move on his blocking, as he swung his arm and hammered down on them as he got leverage on them. I think he broke a DK's leg from SF, or maybe he blew out the guys knee. Or he did both to different players. It was not a dirty hit, not at that time, just powerful, but who knows now. Maybe we would have an Erik Williams rule.
:laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another thing, how do you make all-pro first team in 1995 but don't make the pro bowl?

Completely different set of rules.

Pro bowl is a popularity game. Voted on by players and coaches, then when they allowed fans to vote, it was even more of a popularity vote.
Players often got voted in on a previous years play and on reputation. Fans voting multiple times for their favorite players or teams.

I remember a few times, I did not like to vote for any Eagles, Potatoes, Giants, Packers or 49ers players. So went for Dallas or any other player.
In the AFC, just too spite Steelers, I voted for a Bengals player.

I have not voted in the last several years or so. But got to the point I actually voted for the most deserving player. No matter the team.

All Pro, I believe is voted by the media, something like 50 media voters.