Showers passes through waivers unclaimed, expected to rejoin practice squad

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bull****. I watched him smash on my Army Black Knights four years in a row running AND throwing.

He played four years at Navy and threw a grand total of 462 pass attempts (never more than 128 passes in one season), averaging less than 10 passing attempts per game and at a 52.4% clip. He ran the ball more than he threw at a nearly 2:1 ratio.

He did a fantastic job running Navy's flexbone offense.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sanchez is a vet. Showers is a project. Sanchez is not very good. Showers is not very good. Showers may be better next year. Sanchez will still be bad.

I'm not quite sure why this is a strange concept to some.

Had the message board been around in 2004, I'm guessing they'd say the same thing about Romo. QBs are commodities and always worth the try.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why this is a strange concept to some.

Had the message board been around in 2004, I'm guessing they'd say the same thing about Romo. QBs are commodities and always worth the try.

I don't get it either. I think people just don't want to understand the concept.

Craig

Reaction score
Sanchez is capable of game managing. Hes a better bet to backup than Showers. Showers was off the team as soon as romo got hurt. Dak is the "progress stopper" for Showers, not the veteran backup qb. Doesnt matter who that qb is.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I might be in the minority but I think Showers could drive the first string bus pretty well if ever given the chance.
I am not with you on Showers at this time, I do agree he got the shaft for the Oline when he was playing competitively

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sadly, this is true.

I liked the dude, by the way. He just didn't show enough.

People are right, though, that he does make a good scout team QB. I brainfarted on that, but don't have much hope of him developing into a decent QB2 for us at this point, and if he can't, he's a replaceable piece from here on out.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I liked the dude, by the way. He just didn't show enough.

People are right, though, that he does make a good scout team QB. I brainfarted on that, but don't have much hope of him developing into a decent QB2 for us at this point, and if he can't, he's a replaceable piece from here on out.
Yeah. He will give our defense some good work on the scout team. Agree there. I don't have much faith in anything else.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
He played four years at Navy and threw a grand total of 462 pass attempts (never more than 128 passes in one season), averaging less than 10 passing attempts per game and at a 52.4% clip. He ran the ball more than he threw at a nearly 2:1 ratio.

He did a fantastic job running Navy's flexbone offense.

An indictment of my Army Black Knights, lol ;) I'm just still mad about losing 14 years in a row.