Video: Shows how the Bills destroyed us in the run game

CCBoy

Reaction score
An offensive tackle pulls behind the line of scrimmage and still cuts off flowing defenders around the other side. Straight up, how can that succeed without flaw. Reads aren't responsive to dominate on hat count alone.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Normally I hate these videos, but this is a pretty good one.

4:30 is the perfect example of what I've been talking about all day. To sum up:

Mazi and Osa BOTH beat their blocks, Wilson is unblocked on the edge with one-gap responsibility, and simply jumps out of the run fit.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I mentioned after that 49ers loss they need to play a traditional 3 LB with 4 Dline. When the Bills played that against Dallas and walked the safetys closer it looked like they had 14 guys in the box. Dallas never plays like that. I hate this Quinn defense with these hybrid safety/ LB guys.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The guys make it look like they haven’t been assigned responsibilities for who is to set the edge and who’s to maintain gap integrity. Kind of resembles 8 year olds on a soccer pitch.

Film didn’t focus on it but there are too many examples of O-lineman getting to our second level without much resistance.

Add to our issues the presence of a mobile QB and we gots trouble. Actually surprised Philly doesn’t do better against us.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Jerry said this roster is built to win a Super Bowl "as is"........ the results on the field, be damned.

Most of us know how this will end.
you're lying through the teeth inside of your nasty mouth!! Lol there are fans on here as you know who think this team is untouchable, and if you say anything otherwise you don't belong here!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Normally I hate these videos, but this is a pretty good one.

4:30 is the perfect example of what I've been talking about all day. To sum up:

Mazi and Osa BOTH beat their blocks, Wilson is unblocked on the edge with one-gap responsibility, and simply jumps out of the run fit.
saw #90 in there as well,l total lack of effort, how does that happen!!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
you're lying through the teeth inside of your nasty mouth!! Lol there are fans on here as you know who think this team is untouchable, and if you say anything otherwise you don't belong here!!

I'd argue the fans you're talking about and yourself are equally unbearable. It's like a hard core lib and a hard core right. Both complete opposite views, both complete morons.

Example.

Are we good at times...yes

Are we bad at times...yes

Can we win the SB....maybe

It's the NFL. You thinking we have no shot is just as if not more dumb then they guy who thinks we will.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Good breakdown, but seems part of the solution here was simply to add another man into the box to fill a gap and help the lbs more often. Bell and Clark aren't experienced players and asking them to fill 2 gaps at once and make a quick decision isn't easy for a young player which is where coaching and scheme come in.

Besides being short on LBs the shotgun look seems to be the challenge for this defense. Its holding players for an extra second as they process if its a pass or run which allowed the Bills just enough time to open a lane. Well designed run plays by the Bills.

Bottom line Cowboys needed to roll out more 4-3 or 3-4 packages here vs nickle. Get Evans more playing time.