Video: Shows how the Bills destroyed us in the run game

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry said this roster is built to win a Super Bowl "as is"........ the results on the field, be damned.

Most of us know how this will end.
More proof of the GM's football ignorance.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Any team's OL that can consistently get to the 2nd level has a lot of success against the Cowboys. This goes back several coaches which makes it more pathetic.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Any team's OL that can consistently get to the 2nd level has a lot of success against the Cowboys. This goes back several coaches which makes it more pathetic.
I thought we fixed it this season I really did. And then the kid from Miami and Vander got hurt.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This guy breaking down film is a DUMBY who clearly never played football. He also clearly never played LB! The problem wasn't scheme or needing more players to fill all the gaps. The problem starting with the 1st play was Markquese Bell making some horrible decisions. WTH was he doing hesitating and then slowly going straight at the pulling Center and allowing himself to get blocked 5 yards off the line of scrimmage??? Hell, son, haven't you ever played LB in your life before??? Oh, that's right, he hasn't! That's problem #1! Secondly, Bell should have noticed the pulling Center and realized it's a B gap trap coming to him. Ok, move your skinny but quicker butt immediately towards the trapping Guard and sneak behind the much slower pulling Center in order to plug the hole and help stop the run, dude! It's not that hard if you ever studied film and actually played LB. YOU'VE GOT TO PUSH YOUR BODY TO BEAT THE SLOWER OPPONENT! The problem is the smaller and hesitant Markquese Bell, and clearly, the Bills studied film and knew who to run towards. The bigger problem is the stubborn and stupid Dan Quinn. This is your fault, bud!
what you described is a combination of bad scheme, players making wrong decisions, and wrong players playing positions they are not used to playing.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I thought we fixed it this season I really did. And then the kid from Miami and Vander got hurt.
It has been so long since I can recall a Cowboys defense being dominate against the run. The last several years they do ok and then a team exposes them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The scheme might be right if Dan Quinn placed the correct type of players in place in various particular positions.
But that's the point the scheme is wrong because we don't have the right players. But even with the right players the scheme is a bit problematic. 6 man front will probably not be as effective against good running team

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But that's the point the scheme is wrong because we don't have the right players. But even with the right players the scheme is a bit problematic. 6 man front will probably not be as effective against good running team
I agree. I wish Dan Quinn would go back to a 4 - 3.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
:hammer:
I said this Sunday before everyone got the all 22, DQ needs to run the 3-4 defense he was using early this season especially with Big Hank out because he needs another Big in there.
Interesting

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We draft smart LBers who can't stay healthy, or low IQ guys who need to develop. Tackling is atrocious.