Video: Shows how the Bills destroyed us in the run game

reddyuta

Reaction score
Good breakdown, but seems part of the solution here was simply to add another man into the box to fill a gap and help the lbs more often. Bell and Clark aren't experienced players and asking them to fill 2 gaps at once and make a quick decision isn't easy for a young player which is where coaching and scheme come in.

Besides being short on LBs the shotgun look seems to be the challenge for this defense. Its holding players for an extra second as they process if its a pass or run which allowed the Bills just enough time to open a lane. Well designed run plays by the Bills.

Bottom line Cowboys needed to roll out more 4-3 or 3-4 packages here vs nickle. Get Evans more playing time.
you are forgetting we can play Micah at LB atleast in the early downs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

This guy breaking down film is a DUMBY who clearly never played football. He also clearly never played LB! The problem wasn't scheme or needing more players to fill all the gaps. The problem starting with the 1st play was Markquese Bell making some horrible decisions. WTH was he doing hesitating and then slowly going straight at the pulling Center and allowing himself to get blocked 5 yards off the line of scrimmage??? Hell, son, haven't you ever played LB in your life before??? Oh, that's right, he hasn't! That's problem #1! Secondly, Bell should have noticed the pulling Center and realized it's a B gap trap coming to him. Ok, move your skinny but quicker butt immediately towards the trapping Guard and sneak behind the much slower pulling Center in order to plug the hole and help stop the run, dude! It's not that hard if you ever studied film and actually played LB. YOU'VE GOT TO PUSH YOUR BODY TO BEAT THE SLOWER OPPONENT! The problem is the smaller and hesitant Markquese Bell, and clearly, the Bills studied film and knew who to run towards. The bigger problem is the stubborn and stupid Dan Quinn. This is your fault, bud!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I mentioned after that 49ers loss they need to play a traditional 3 LB with 4 Dline. When the Bills played that against Dallas and walked the safetys closer it looked like they had 14 guys in the box. Dallas never plays like that. I hate this Quinn defense with these hybrid safety/ LB guys.
When we play with a lead I love it

It’s an offensive league.

Our team is built to compliment our offense. If it’s a now show the whole thing will fall apart against certain teams.

Had we got Allen pass happy it’s a different game.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This guy breaking down film is a DUMBY who clearly never played football. He also clearly never played LB! The problem wasn't scheme or needing more players to fill all the gaps. The problem starting with the 1st play was Markquese Bell making some horrible decisions. WTH was he doing hesitating and then slowly going straight at the pulling Center and allowing himself to get blocked 5 yards off the line of scrimmage??? Hell, son, haven't you ever played LB in your life before??? Oh, that's right, he hasn't! That's problem #1! Secondly, Bell should have noticed the pulling Center and realized it's a B gap trap coming to him. Ok, move your skinny but quicker butt immediately towards the trapping Guard and sneak behind the much slower pulling Center in order to plug the hole and help stop the run, dude! It's not that hard if you ever studied film and actually played LB. YOU'VE GOT TO PUSH YOUR BODY TO BEAT THE SLOWER OPPONENT! The problem is the smaller and hesitant Markquese Bell, and clearly, the Bills studied film and knew who to run towards. The bigger problem is the stubborn and stupid Dan Quinn. This is your fault, bud!
The irony of calling someone a DUMBY with a word spelled wrong is crazy.

You have absolutely 0 idea what you're watching.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

we are really light in frot 7. a 205 saftey being blocked by center/guards. guess who wins that battle 99/100 times. we have been suspect run defense all year and power run teams will just eat us up.

Quinn has been great in creating pass pressure, but our run defensive scheme sucks. most of what I saw, is 6 man boxes. which is protecting against deep pass plays and bills said, thank you we just will run against your 6 man front, furthermore, its a light 6 man front.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Bottom line Cowboys needed to roll out more 4-3 or 3-4 packages here vs nickle. Get Evans more playing time.
:hammer:
I said this Sunday before everyone got the all 22, DQ needs to run the 3-4 defense he was using early this season especially with Big Hank out because he needs another Big in there.

Hadenough

Reaction score
When we play with a lead I love it

It’s an offensive league.

Our team is built to compliment our offense. If it’s a now show the whole thing will fall apart against certain teams.

Had we got Allen pass happy it’s a different game.
If they would draft good LBs this wouldnt be a problem. Parsons is a great pass rusher but there are times where he needs to be Fred Warner.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If they would draft good LBs this wouldnt be a problem. Parsons is a great pass rusher but there are times where he needs to be Fred Warner.
LVE and Overshown are hurt.

Bell has been unbelievable for us.

Clark is pretty solid.

We need to play with leads. If our offense scores the defense will create big game changing plays.

That’s just how we are built.

If the Cowboys offense stinks you can bet the Cowboys defense won’t hang on for long.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What this video shows me, the issue isn't so much about the interior of the DL, but rather DE's not setting the edge and all these undersized players getting getting block by bigger players.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'd argue the fans you're talking about and yourself are equally unbearable. It's like a hard core lib and a hard core right. Both complete opposite views, both complete morons.

Example.

Are we good at times...yes

Are we bad at times...yes

Can we win the SB....maybe

It's the NFL. You thinking we have no shot is just as if not more dumb then they guy who thinks we will.
you clearly have no life! I do, I come on here to listen to you!!

Creeper

Reaction score
On every one of these plays it looks like the Bills outnumber the Cowboys at the point of attack. The flow to the ball is slow. I think the Cowboys were worried about Josh Allen keeping it and that gave the Bills RBs a chance to get to the hole and the offensive line to get to their blocks.

But getting off blocks is also important. This video shows the importance of downfield blocking in the running game. It is something the Cowboys do not do very well.

Getting Hankins back will help I think.

I also think the Dolphins will exploit this game to take advantage of Dallas using play action. The Cowboys are probably thinking every team will try to replicate what the Bills did.