SI: Are the Cowboys Super Bowl contenders?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, I like a poster said in another thread if this is not the year we can't at least play in the NFCCG.......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/09/11/cowboys-defense-super-bowl-contenders

This Might Finally Be the Cowboys’ Year​

Dallas displayed a downright scary defense against the Giants on Sunday night, raising the ceiling for what Dak Prescott, Mike McCarthy & Co. can accomplish.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
NFCCG won't cut it (esp in the weak NFC) as with this Defense it's Superbowl or BUST!!!!!
You are probably right from a fan perspective but I'm confident Jerry will extend both Dak and MM with a NFCCG appearance.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
NFCCG won't cut it (esp in the weak NFC) as with this Defense it's Superbowl or BUST!!!!!
Smart post for a bot. This gives you two options:

1 - if Dallas wins the Super Bowl, it's because of the defense
2 - if Dallas only goes to the NFCCG, Dak's a failure, regardless of context.

Great job laying the groundwork for your 10,000 posts in 2024.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm so tired of thinking this team is Super Bowl bound, only to be disappointed in the playoffs. Right now the only question I care about is the Jets game -- can they find a way to win it? I think they can. Either way, next week the only thing I'm concerned about is whomever they play next. If they make it to the Super Bowl, THEN I'll get excited and hope they can win it.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me concerning the 49ers is their coaching. They are much better than we are in that department.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'm so tired of thinking this team is Super Bowl bound, only to be disappointed in the playoffs. Right now the only question I care about is the Jets game -- can they find a way to win it? I think they can. Either way, next week the only thing I'm concerned about is whomever they play next. If they make it to the Super Bowl, THEN I'll get excited and hope they can win it.
Can I like this post 100k times!

I am just so over wondering about if this is the year. I’ve been asking this question for 30-years now. It’s funny watching the other night, my wife came into the room and said wow, I wouldn’t know the score was that bad by the silence. The fun has been zapped out of me. I’ll get excited and hopeful again when they finally make the Bowl.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Nobody is contenders in between week one and two unless you are a proven team that makes it deep in the playoffs every year.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
meaningless distinction, all teams are contenders, if the answer to this questions is yes or if it is no, what does it change? nothing. This is the kind of question 24 tv networks and radio stations discuss to fill time in between ads to sell gold

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Until I see them in a NFCCG and playing very well in it, won't believe that they are.