News: SI: Bears Fans Irked by 'QB1' Tweet Featuring Andy Dalton

KB1122

Reaction score
It's really amazing to think that in 1949, The Chicago Bears had Sid Luckman, Johnny Lujack, and rookie Bobby Layne all on the same team.

At quarterback it was downhill from there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dalton is better than Fitz and light years better than any QB they have had in a long while.
not really they are about even ones better at protecting the ball but the other takes more chances and makes bigger plays yet turns it over more , in the end they are lower fringe starters ie backups etc..its ironic bears fans are mad he is their starter as of now yet fans here were upset he was our backup..lol

lets hope Fitz loses his magic and we get many gifts from him :0)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dalton had good numbers after this return from injury. He's a legitimate starter, and only costs 10mil. The Bears got a good deal.

People are so short sighted when it comes to cap. Dalton is a decent starter and frees up cap to improve the rest of the team.
He was not even average. He’s an ok backup, but not starter material anymore if he ever was.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They could’ve had Fitzpatrick...

Which is basically asking if you want runny poo or chunky poo for dinner.

Neither is great. Fitz might have a little better output but he’s a complete liability at any moment. Dude ain’t afraid to turn it over multiple times per game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
After coming back from injury, Dalton's QB rating was 2 points behind Dak.

Dalton's BadThrow% and OnTarget% is 10/11th best in the league. That's a starter.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm
After coming back from injury, Dalton's QB rating was 2 points behind Dak.

Dalton's BadThrow% and OnTarget% is 10/11th best in the league. That's a starter.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm
You have to be kidding me if you think Dalton is as good as Dak. Not even close.

ghst187

Reaction score
Which is basically asking if you want runny poo or chunky poo for dinner.

Neither is great. Fitz might have a little better output but he’s a complete liability at any moment. Dude ain’t afraid to turn it over multiple times per game.

totally agree but if I had to pick one, I would’ve taken Fitz.

ghst187

Reaction score
Tsaying.They could have had Brady.

yeah we could’ve too.
You know that’s the third time a top QB of all time has become a FA and we weren’t at all interested and then the QB goes on to win a SB....
Brees, Manning, Brady

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep the offense was just as good without Dak as with him..... oh wait...
I didn't say crap about the offense. But since you mentioned it...Dak had a lot of turnovers before he went down. Might want to refresh yourself on it.

Adreme

Reaction score
I didn't say crap about the offense. But since you mentioned it...Dak had a lot of turnovers before he went down. Might want to refresh yourself on it.

I did refresh on that and you are still wrong. Then again you started off with acting like the defense giving up 40 points was a Dak problem so I know what I am getting into. Dak's INT % was right around where it always has been, 1.8% last year, and he had 9 TDs, 4 INTs and 1856 yards in about 4.5 games which is why the offense was on record breaking pace and suddenly fell off a cliff the game after he went down (remarkable coincidence I am sure).

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did refresh on that and you are still wrong. Then again you started off with acting like the defense giving up 40 points was a Dak problem so I know what I am getting into. Dak's INT % was right around where it always has been, 1.8% last year, and he had 9 TDs, 4 INTs and 1856 yards in about 4.5 games which is why the offense was on record breaking pace and suddenly fell off a cliff the game after he went down (remarkable coincidence I am sure).
I didn't say that either. I didn't 'act like.." anything. I made a simple general statement and you are trying to pin some agenda on me. Insulting.

regarding Dak.....once again...you are being disingenuous. I said "turnovers"...not "interceptions". I think he had 3 or 4 fumbles. Uncharacteristically careless with the ball in those 4 games. That was never my original point...you broguht it up at me...and I simply made another...FACTUAL...statement.

Your agenda to smear my agenda you are making up in your head has you addled. You are making stuff up I never said just to argue. Insulting.