SI - Dak Prescott Is Finally Getting Credit He’s Long Deserved

Plankton

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/08/dak-prescott-mvp-candidate-cowboys

Anyone with a screen and an opinion could find any number of throws that embody Dak Prescott’s elite stretch within this special season.

How’s this one? First quarter, at home, Week 13 against the Seahawks. Prescott drops back, pocket not collapsing but tightening around him. He steps decisively into the throw, zinging a pass downfield to CeeDee Lamb with three defenders nearby, close but not close enough.

Or this one: same game, second quarter, Seahawks ahead, 7–3. The Cowboys are in the red zone. Lamb motions to the right. Prescott fakes a handoff as he drops back, with nary a defender in sight. Lamb, despite double coverage, wiggles open, and the amount of time between wiggle and throw is tiny. It’s instantaneous, split seconds. This time, Prescott doesn’t fire the ball so much as he lobs it. Again, Lamb is tracked by two defenders. Again, the throw is perfect, ball placed where only Lamb can snag it. He leaps. He snags. Touchdown.

Or perhaps this one: same game, fourth quarter, down eight points. As Prescott drops back and fakes a handoff, a defensive end is already closing in to his right. The defender wraps Prescott’s body with both arms. This time, he’s wiggling—well, not wiggling so much as escaping by force. He scrambles right, before the broadcast team can correct the sack they just credited to Seattle. But he doesn’t just throw the ball right away, or tuck that thing and run. He waits, moves, waits, moves … and throws to Jalen Tolbert, who sets up near the right sideline.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thinking-grenades.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Consider these seven weeks Prescott’s middle-finger stretch. He’d never say that. He’s not interested in that. When reporters asked about this season’s MVP turn after the win over the Seahawks improved the Cowboys to 9–3, Prescott shrugged. He told them he expected to enter that conversation. That’s him. The goal is a championship, first and foremost. But growth matters far more to Prescott than any trophy or award.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's my QB, and I'll support him through thick and thin until he's no longer our QB, just like I did with Romo and all the QB's that have played for us since I started watching our team back in the 70's.

GO COWBOYS!!! :star:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it’s funny people want to pretend that it’s finally clicked for Dak. He’s always been good. This is what his “slobberers” tried to tell you guys but you were too busy being anti and hurling insults to read what we were telling you.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't think it's unreasonable for people to still be skeptical. I mean, the "long deserved" part made me think too about how we're only one year removed from a not-so-great season so there will still be "prove it" doubters considering the SF game earlier. So I don't knock anyone who wants to wait and see how these next stretch of games go, or the playoffs for that matter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And if he lays a goose egg in the playoff, it'll be the same ole narrative.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it’s funny people want to pretend that it’s finally clicked for Dak. He’s always been good. This is what his “slobberers” tried to tell you guys but you were too busy being anti and hurling insults to read what we were telling you.
He was really good last year, huh? How many picks were there?

blueblood70

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/08/dak-prescott-mvp-candidate-cowboys

Anyone with a screen and an opinion could find any number of throws that embody Dak Prescott’s elite stretch within this special season.

How’s this one? First quarter, at home, Week 13 against the Seahawks. Prescott drops back, pocket not collapsing but tightening around him. He steps decisively into the throw, zinging a pass downfield to CeeDee Lamb with three defenders nearby, close but not close enough.

Or this one: same game, second quarter, Seahawks ahead, 7–3. The Cowboys are in the red zone. Lamb motions to the right. Prescott fakes a handoff as he drops back, with nary a defender in sight. Lamb, despite double coverage, wiggles open, and the amount of time between wiggle and throw is tiny. It’s instantaneous, split seconds. This time, Prescott doesn’t fire the ball so much as he lobs it. Again, Lamb is tracked by two defenders. Again, the throw is perfect, ball placed where only Lamb can snag it. He leaps. He snags. Touchdown.

Or perhaps this one: same game, fourth quarter, down eight points. As Prescott drops back and fakes a handoff, a defensive end is already closing in to his right. The defender wraps Prescott’s body with both arms. This time, he’s wiggling—well, not wiggling so much as escaping by force. He scrambles right, before the broadcast team can correct the sack they just credited to Seattle. But he doesn’t just throw the ball right away, or tuck that thing and run. He waits, moves, waits, moves … and throws to Jalen Tolbert, who sets up near the right sideline.

Point is, anyone paying attention to the NFL the past seven weeks, this season, or since Prescott entered the league in 2016, could point to any number of examples that debunk any number of common misperceptions about him. Has his career gone perfectly? Whose does? Has he overcome stretches marred by injury, turnovers and play that didn’t meet his standard? He has—and more than once, but never quite like he’s doing now.

Consider these seven weeks Prescott’s middle-finger stretch. He’d never say that. He’s not interested in that. When reporters asked about this season’s MVP turn after the win over the Seahawks improved the Cowboys to 9–3, Prescott shrugged. He told them he expected to enter that conversation. That’s him. The goal is a championship, first and foremost. But growth matters far more to Prescott than any trophy or award.

thinking-grenades.gif
I'm not going to read all that right now I don't have time but just going by the headline and the tone of the thread I agree it's long deserved but to me this is the same Prescott from his rookie year the same one that brought us back in 2018 to the second round of the playoffs after a slow start the same guy who came off of broken ankle and had his best year in my opinion in 2021 it's the same guy came back from a from a broken hand last year and had our offense number one in many categories... Prescott might be a little smarter, reading ds a bit faster, more willing to stay in the pocket a little more but rally this is how I've seen dak from 2016 until now.

people being late to the party is not on Prescott, and putting this all on him in a team game... newsflash Prescott's going to need help with a better run game, more Physical OL , and from run scheme standpoint especially against the better teams and better defensive front sevens...He will not be able to sustain this carrying the offense when it get tougher starting this Sunday and through the payoffs,

once again when that happens along with this version of our D, he will be back to being unfairly critisized. Its part of being the qb especially for the dallas cowboys.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I just responded to a statement. Dak has not "always been good" crap. Now, how about you go cling to something and don't answer for others, huh, Mac?
Yes, he has always been good, and the INT total is nonsense because it ignores the fact that his turnover worthy play rate is basically the same now as it was last year.

I'm not answering for anyone else. I'm telling you that the INT narrative from last year is nonsense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, he has always been good, and the INT total is nonsense because it ignores the fact that his turnover worthy play rate is basically the same now as it was last year.

I'm not answering for anyone else. I'm telling you that the INT narrative from last year is nonsense.
Actually, all the picks were nonsense, is that what you are saying?

Praxit

Reaction score
It’s great to see him get the praise he deserves. Lotta haters here that owe him and the rest of us an apology for being so hateful.
...yep, and I'll include a dozen donuts as well. You know, the good kind. ;)>>

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yep, he has always been good, that was shown last year Vikings through Eagles stretch and the Buccs play-off game was probably one of his best performances.
Can't remember anyone throwing insults, indeed, he was playing as well as he was this year, just needs it to continue....you get the ultimate plaudits after Christmas.