SI - Dak Prescott Is Finally Getting Credit He’s Long Deserved

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes but he also did last year, or very close to it.
No see my edit.. He was allegedly near the bottom last year. I'm not sure I completely buy as so much of this "expert analysis" is narrative and agenda driven but that's what I remember.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These mid-season strawman arguments are beyond stupid and it's the same people trotting them forward every year, declaring "victory" well before the finish line over the imaginary "haters".

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You mean facts?
No, it's a narrative that ignores the full context of Dak's career to try to reverse engineer a reason to dislike him. People who blame every INT on the QB are just looking for excuses to bash Dak. It's not reality.

Let me guess, you think things like turnover worthy plays are just "fancy stats for nerds durrrr"

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
No see my edit.. He was allegedly near the bottom last year. I'm not sure I completely buy as so much of this "expert analysis" is narrative and agenda driven but that's what I remember.
Turnover worthy play. Dak was extremely unlucky in total turnovers vs. turnover-worthy plays. He was worse last year, but not league-leading INT rate worse. To your point, it was predominantly bad bounces WRs being out of sync.

Brax

Reaction score
It’s great to see him get the praise he deserves. Lotta haters here that owe him and the rest of us an apology for being so hateful.
No one owes you anything, a good stretch against bottom feeders means nothing, he’ll get his due when he doesn’t choke in the playoffs or games against top competition, let’s see how he does at the end of the season and hope history doesn’t repeat and he goes full Dakchoka, that’s the only way the narrative will change. For you homers it’s excuses and blame game along with conspiracy theories.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
These mid-season strawman arguments are beyond stupid and it's the same people trotting them forward every year, declaring "victory" well before the finish line over the imaginary "haters".
No, you’re real.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No one owes you anything, a good stretch against bottom feeders means nothing, he’ll get his due when he doesn’t choke in the playoffs or games against top competition, let’s see how he does at the end of the season and hope history doesn’t repeat and he goes full Dakchoka, that’s the only way the narrative will change. For you homers it’s excuses and blame game along with conspiracy theories.
He’s getting his due now. Open your eyes and close your mouth.

Brax

Reaction score
I think it’s funny people want to pretend that it’s finally clicked for Dak. He’s always been good. This is what his “slobberers” tried to tell you guys but you were too busy being anti and hurling insults to read what we were telling you.
Always been good except when it matters, but you slobbers don’t see it and are the first to hurl the insults, you were one of the worst, priceless just priceless

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Always been good except when it matters, but you slobbers don’t see it and are the first to hurl the insults, you were one of the worst, priceless just priceless
Why are you butt hurt the Cowboys are winning?

erod

Reaction score
Can't do anything in the playoffs until the playoffs start. So it's best to enjoy what's in front of us which is coming to grips with the fact that our QB is playing the best football of anybody in the league and is thus the reason this team has a legit chance to make a deep playoff run!
Dallas is 9-1 against teams with a combined record of 40-75 (counting the Giants twice). Meanwhile they are 0-2 against teams with winning records currently.

Dak has been in this situation lots of times.

The stretch against the Eagles, Dolphins, Bills, and Lions will give us a much better look at what they are.

But ultimately, the playoffs will show if this team has finally graduated to be a true contender.

Proof

Reaction score
I think it’s funny people want to pretend that it’s finally clicked for Dak. He’s always been good. This is what his “slobberers” tried to tell you guys but you were too busy being anti and hurling insults to read what we were telling you.
i'm neither a homer or hater, though i've leaned towards defending him far more often, but there is obviously a marked difference in his performance over the past few months than at any point in his career. *something* has absolutely clicked. and from what i can glean it seems to be improved footwork, an offense that maximizes his strengths (and/or limits his weaknesses) and the willingness to tuck and run again

erod

Reaction score
He’s getting his due now. Open your eyes and close your mouth.
He's gotten his due many, many, many times before, only to crap the bed in playoff crunch time.

He's going to get another shot at this year, so we'll see.

Hope is not a strategy. Until he's done it, he hasn't done it.

Let's all wait and see if the team and Dak can make it a reality this season. That would be awesome.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's gotten his due many, many, many times before, only to crap the bed in playoff crunch time.

He's going to get another shot at this year, so we'll see.

Hope is not a strategy. Until he's done it, he hasn't done it.

Let's all wait and see if the team and Dak can make it a reality this season. That would be awesome.
I don’t red to wait. I already know he’s a franchise caliber QB and has been playing like it his entire career. Unfortunately the casual fans like you blame all the losses on the QB never mentioning other issues with players and coaches and ownership. You out yourself when you do this as just a casual fan who doesn’t know what he’s watching.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas is 9-1 against teams with a combined record of 40-75 (counting the Giants twice). Meanwhile they are 0-2 against teams with winning records currently.

Dak has been in this situation lots of times.

The stretch against the Eagles, Dolphins, Bills, and Lions will give us a much better look at what they are.

But ultimately, the playoffs will show if this team has finally graduated to be a true contender.
Hey casual football fan, Seattle had a winning record when we beat them and so were the Jets. You casual fans are blind to the fact that every team we play, no matter the record, plays their best against the Cowboys. Casual fans like yourself don’t get that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Haha I’m one of the worst lol…I’ve never thrown an insult at anyone who didn’t deserve it and you’re the prime example. The fact you even call Dak fans slobberers says it all. Now you’re spiraling out of control. Tough cookie.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i'm neither a homer or hater, though i've leaned towards defending him far more often, but there is obviously a marked difference in his performance over the past few months than at any point in his career. *something* has absolutely clicked. and from what i can glean it seems to be improved footwork, an offense that maximizes his strengths (and/or limits his weaknesses) and the willingness to tuck and run again
But he’s played well before. The issue now is he can’t get past the 49ers. But he played well at times last year he’s played well throughout his career he got 40 million a year for a reason is all I’m saying

Homer

Reaction score
it all depends what kind of credit you are giving him.

if you are talking about being able to lead the team to winning records, yeah he should get recognition for that because he's done it. only 1 losing season. not bad.

but if you're talking about leading the team to do something special (which at this point should include a conference championship appearance...minimum) then he has yet to prove that. and obviously won't get credit cause he hasn't done it.

every year we've seen similar things. he looks really really good against certain teams but when the opposing D is top notch which we will see in the playoffs, he ends up making silly plays like taking a sack when your in FG range, or forcing the ball into double coverage and costing the team dearly with those careless mistakes.

playing smart football will be needed.