SI - Dak Prescott Is Finally Getting Credit He’s Long Deserved

Proof

Reaction score
Again someone who doesn’t understand when reading, Dak is playing great but we’ve seen this movie before, hence wait till the season is over to see if it’s a different ending this time.
no i understand. its the same story with the team as well, not just dak. im personally enjoying the ride and nervous from past performance

Shane612

Reaction score
The title of the article is wrong.
Until about 5 games ago he didn't deserve anything. He was just a guy.
About last five game he has played really well.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Oh good, doubling down on the nonsense because you don't have a legitimate point that you can articulate.

How hard is it for you people to just say "I was wrong to think that the INTs were reflective of a Dak Prescott regression, especially considering his turnover worthy play rate last year." It is so easy. And you people just choose to keep pushing this garbage because you can't admit you're wrong. So dumb.
’It‘s only a flesh wound!’

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He’s been on for sure! I will root for him and criticize him when it’s warranted in the game day threads as that’s in the moment. But Dak is the QB of this team for the foreseeable future and I will root for him like I’ve rooted for Romo, Aikman, and even Carter.

The guy deserves all the praise he’s getting. He works hard, he does good off the field, and he’s a pretty darn good player.

Now good shut those clown birds up Sunday night!

Gambit

Reaction score
That's cute.

Now do it deep in the playoffs, and we'll all be on board.
How's about all the posters who post this ad nauseum just refrain from posting until playoffs, this way you don't have to feel so miserable for 18 weeks and you can let those of us who enjoy the season plays out to enjoy it?

Then playoff time comes you wait and if we lose you can have your time to shine.

Gambit

Reaction score
lol. He gets credit anytime he plays good. And doesn’t get credit when he doesn’t. Just as it should be. This 5 game stretch will be the story of the season. In the last 6 games 4 have been against arguably the worst teams in the league. It doesn’t take a great QB to do that. They lost the other, with him making large gaffes contributing to it. The other a very average team (with a crappy defense) barely got past. You can only play who’s on your schedule, but 20 of the starting QBs in the league would have done the same.
And yet they haven't.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I agree with this.

I just remembered. I was disappointed after the San Fran loss two years ago. I thought, hey, maybe Dak is the problem. Then I went back and watched that game, and I couldn't blame Dak for that game. They were just outmatched, all over the field. And if anyone didn't step up in so-called big moments, it was Parsons. But he got a pass because he was a rookie.

The best player in that game, in my opinion, might have been Odighizuwa.

I'm not dissing on Parsons. There were a couple of years there where I just lost interest in watching Dallas. Some of that had to do with personal issues, but players like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, and Dak.. brought me back to having interest again.

There really aren't many QBs better than Dak. And it's really unfair how our fans make it all personal towards him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think it’s funny people want to pretend that it’s finally clicked for Dak. He’s always been good. This is what his “slobberers” tried to tell you guys but you were too busy being anti and hurling insults to read what we were telling you.
I can always tell who the impulsive, knee-jerk-thinking types are around, and who actually knows what they're talking about when I read comments about Dak.

You're right.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hey casual football fan, Seattle had a winning record when we beat them and so were the Jets. You casual fans are blind to the fact that every team we play, no matter the record, plays their best against the Cowboys. Casual fans like yourself don’t get that.
Yeah ask him if he's going to go back and remove the Bills win from Jalen Hurts' "14 game winning streak against winning teams." These people who twist the facts to fit their narratives irk the hell outta me. Which is why I so enjoy watching them tying themselves into knots trying to find something bad to say about Dak.

reddyuta

Reaction score
too much love.will he go back to being a villain if he falters with the tough schedule coming up?

Proof

Reaction score
I agree with this.

I just remembered. I was disappointed after the San Fran loss two years ago. I thought, hey, maybe Dak is the problem. Then I went back and watched that game, and I couldn't blame Dak for that game. They were just outmatched, all over the field. And if anyone didn't step up in so-called big moments, it was Parsons. But he got a pass because he was a rookie.

The best player in that game, in my opinion, might have been Odighizuwa.

I'm not dissing on Parsons. There were a couple of years there where I just lost interest in watching Dallas. Some of that had to do with personal issues, but players like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, and Dak.. brought me back to having interest again.

There really aren't many QBs better than Dak. And it's really unfair how our fans make it all personal towards him.
micah was concussed

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The problem with Dak critics is that they pin their criticism on isolated issues. Last year, it was interceptions, even though last year was out of the norm for Dak.

Also, Dak’s “failure” to be clutch early in his career was due more to bad defense, or poor coaching. Think back to 2016. The Cowboys didn’t lose that playoff game to the Packers due to Dak’s inability to produce late game heroics. He, in fact, brought the Cowboys back to be the winning team. If not for the failure of referees to call obvious holding calls, or Byron Jones failing to defend against that last pass by Aaron Rodgers.

The defenses of late teens and 2020, prior to drafting Micah Parsons were truly awful. The QB doesn’t play defense. Why are most people picking the Cowboys to beat the Eagles today? Is it because Jalen Hurts hasn’t proven himself to be a clutch QB? Or is it because the Eagles defense is a shell of what it was last year, and their DB’s really suck? Even “clutch” QB’s cannot overcome poor defense. Also, if people rightly point to Hurts’ injuries slowing him down now, how can people refuse to acknowledge how Dak was playing down to his injuries last year? (On that point, why don’t many critics of Terence Steele acknowledge he’s coming off a really bad injury from late last season?)

Finally, when it comes to bowing out of the playoffs the last two seasons due to poor performances against the 49ers, how come people refuse to give credit to the 49ers, rather than blame Dak? Going back a long way, there were many who said that Tom Landry couldn’t win the big game. Bob Lilly was a loser. Until they both finally won.

There is no reason to doubt that Dak has what it takes to be a winner. But he needs good coaching, good defensive performances from his teammates, and favorable matchups. Does anyone really believe that the Eagles or even the Chiefs were better than the 49ers a year ago? The Eagles were fortunate that the 49ers had no QB in the 2nd half. And the Chiefs were lucky not to meet the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

This year, it is hard to argue that the 49ers aren’t the best team when healthy. But the Cowboys were not playing at their peak early in the season, and were still adjusting to McCarthy’s new offense. We don’t really know how good the Cowboys are right now. And even if the Cowboys win out, they might still fall short of being the Division champions of the East - due to the offensive and defensive failures of the team in Week 3.

I have high hopes for the Cowboys this year. Right now, I would rank them the 2nd best team in the NFL, but if they enter as the 5-seed, and the 49ers are the 1-seed, they will likely meet the 49ers again in the divisional round. They are set up to once again fail to reach the Championship round - even if they are the 2nd best team in the league. Or, they could prove themselves to have overcome the differences between the 49ers and Cowboys from week 6. Wr just don’t know. As they say, this is why you play the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A debacle against your biggest competition and a major rival carries more weight.
He has to find a way to beat the top teams.
That's what QBs of the the Dallas-Frick'n-Cowboys has always been judged by...always will.
Not sure what that has to do with anything. You made the statement he didn't just start playing well until a few weeks ago. He's been playing well. Giants game was bad weather conditions. JETS game knocked his stats down but he has had the best game of anyone who has faced that defense. He's played well all season and has had a few stinkers. We know he's judged based on championships. We get it.

Shane612

Reaction score
Not sure what that has to do with anything. You made the statement he didn't just start playing well until a few weeks ago. He's been playing well. Giants game was bad weather conditions. JETS game knocked his stats down but he has had the best game of anyone who has faced that defense. He's played well all season and has had a few stinkers. We know he's judged based on championships. We get it.
He's played well the last few weeks.
Just leave at that, and stop trying to make excuses for his past performances.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's played well the last few weeks.
Just leave at that, and stop trying to make excuses for his past performances.
I'm not making excuses lol. He did not play poor in the Giants or Jets game or the Chargers game lol. Y'all are weird...instead of just saying he sucked against the Cardinals and 49ers you want to discredit what he's done by saying he's played good the last few weeks?

Shane612

Reaction score
I'm not making excuses lol. He did not play poor in the Giants or Jets game or the Chargers game lol. Y'all are weird...instead of just saying he sucked against the Cardinals and 49ers you want to discredit what he's done by saying he's played good the last few weeks?
What?
I never said he played poor against anyone, but whatever....
Sometimes you make no sense.
:rolleyes: