SI - Dak Prescott Is Finally Getting Credit He’s Long Deserved

Reaction score
There is no denying the fact that Dak is playing great football right now. It is at an MVP level

But the final grade will be assessed once the season is over. And how much success this teams earns.

Playoff performance will ultimately be the final measure. I hope it will be positive

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was really good last year, huh? How many picks were there?
Half of those 15 picks were not Dak's fault. They were caused by the receivers themselves, weren't they? I know you saw every game last season.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/08/dak-prescott-mvp-candidate-cowboys

Anyone with a screen and an opinion could find any number of throws that embody Dak Prescott’s elite stretch within this special season.

How’s this one? First quarter, at home, Week 13 against the Seahawks. Prescott drops back, pocket not collapsing but tightening around him. He steps decisively into the throw, zinging a pass downfield to CeeDee Lamb with three defenders nearby, close but not close enough.

Or this one: same game, second quarter, Seahawks ahead, 7–3. The Cowboys are in the red zone. Lamb motions to the right. Prescott fakes a handoff as he drops back, with nary a defender in sight. Lamb, despite double coverage, wiggles open, and the amount of time between wiggle and throw is tiny. It’s instantaneous, split seconds. This time, Prescott doesn’t fire the ball so much as he lobs it. Again, Lamb is tracked by two defenders. Again, the throw is perfect, ball placed where only Lamb can snag it. He leaps. He snags. Touchdown.

Or perhaps this one: same game, fourth quarter, down eight points. As Prescott drops back and fakes a handoff, a defensive end is already closing in to his right. The defender wraps Prescott’s body with both arms. This time, he’s wiggling—well, not wiggling so much as escaping by force. He scrambles right, before the broadcast team can correct the sack they just credited to Seattle. But he doesn’t just throw the ball right away, or tuck that thing and run. He waits, moves, waits, moves … and throws to Jalen Tolbert, who sets up near the right sideline.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thinking-grenades.gif
Well, Patrick Mahomes is his average. And the media has no one else to praise Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady done

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he has 96 turnovers since coming into the league.

He gets a pass though because he makes throws no one else can. According to Orlovsky
I don't keep with a lot of teams, but when did he come into the league? That is a lot of turnovers!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love their winning, I’m not Dak obsessed and don’t consider winning a few games against beat up opponents a great accomplishment I wait for the end result.
That's all anyone can do. It's to premature to say what Dak and the team can or will do until the season is over.

HMJYay

Reaction score
lol. He gets credit anytime he plays good. And doesn’t get credit when he doesn’t. Just as it should be. This 5 game stretch will be the story of the season. In the last 6 games 4 have been against arguably the worst teams in the league. It doesn’t take a great QB to do that. They lost the other, with him making large gaffes contributing to it. The other a very average team (with a crappy defense) barely got past. You can only play who’s on your schedule, but 20 of the starting QBs in the league would have done the same.

Brax

Reaction score
You’re are Dak obsessed with hate no matter what you term yourself.
Dak obsessed, that’s you to a T me I like the guy except for trait of coming up short but call them like I see them, you worship the guy even when he craps the bed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol. He gets credit anytime he plays good. And doesn’t get credit when he doesn’t. Just as it should be. This 5 game stretch will be the story of the season. In the last 6 games 4 have been against arguably the worst teams in the league. It doesn’t take a great QB to do that. They lost the other, with him making large gaffes contributing to it. The other a very average team (with a crappy defense) barely got past. You can only play who’s on your schedule, but 20 of the starting QBs in the league would have done the same.
Dude he never gets credit from the haters because most of them have disappeared lol.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The story makes no sense. Dak has gotten more than he deserves. He’s lead the team to 2 playoff wins in the past 7 season. Both were on wildcard weekend. So, what kind of recognition does he deserve but not received ? He’s getting more love this season bc he’s destroying the worst teams in the NFL?

Dak has an opportunity in front of him to rewrite the script of his career and lose the “always coming up short “ label. However, that hasn’t happened yet and he still doesn’t have a signature win over a good team this year. It’s the opposite. He’s lost to both SF and Philly.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No not really.
Yes, really. I cannot ever remember any time that you have made any criticism when Dak screws up, never, never.

Some posters like myself can point out things we don't like about the way Dak plays at times and we are subjected to all kinds of insults, trolls, eagle fans, low IQ cowards, go find another team because you are not a Cowboy fan, and the list just goes on and on. And my favorite, "well so and so screwed up so how come they get a pass, but Dak don't." Are you kidding me!

On the other hand, you and others will be ready to shine Dak's shoes even when you know he screwed the pooch during games.

Dak is the QB of my favorite team, and if he mucks it up, I'm not going to sugar coat it and say, ah, it was just all the other players, not Dak.

If I invited you to my house to play Chess, you would show up with a Checkers Board but not the right pieces to play your game.

Last edited:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
That's cute.

Now do it deep in the playoffs, and we'll all be on board.
They want religious devotional faith. Can't get into heaven unless you believe.

I was skeptical that we could go into Candlestick in '92 and win. Whaddya know...I'm still a fan and I still enjoyed the Super Bowl...