SI - Dak Prescott Is Finally Getting Credit He’s Long Deserved

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What annoys me most about some responses is this, "Now do it in the play-offs."

You have to do it in the regular season to get to the play-offs.

And even then, Dak is one of eleven players on the field for the offense and another eleven on the defense.

One game at a time. It's like people want to eat the dessert before the meal.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Dak has played very very well this season. But the Dallas Cowboys will go as far as they do as a TEAM. Let’s don’t put all our hopes on Dak. He’s gonna need a lot of help to make a deep run. Prescott is enjoying the best run of his career performance-wise - but it may be naive to expect this run to continue unabated. He’ll probably have an off day or two before the regular season is over - and other players will need to step up should that situation arise.

The last few seasons I wondered if Dak was ‘The Guy’. The defense had been pretty good each year and so too Dak - until it was ‘win or go home.’ You can’t put it all on Dak - but he is the QB.

I am beginning to think Dak may BE that guy at QB. And he doesn’t need to blow me away with stats. Just play within himself, minimize turnovers (don’t dig any early holes), and be the calming stoic leader on the field. He has the physical abilities and temperament - now he’s showing a superior ability to read the situation and make the right decisions on a regular basis.

The facts are that Dak Prescott has not previously been given any run as a serious MVP candidate this late in a season - and NOW he is. Something seems to have changed in Dak’s game - it’s like a light has come on.

We’ll see how it goes down the stretch.

GINeric

Reaction score
He was really good last year, huh? How many picks were there?

Ok that's fair.... but before last year, was he known for being a turnover machine like Matt Stafford and Josh Allen have been known for their whole careers???

Absolutely not.

Dak has been in the league for 8 years, but actually played over 6 seasons due to injury. Had one bad season due to turnovers, but all yall focus on is that ONE bad season.

Never mention anything about the other many seasons without lots of turnovers because it would trash your weak agendas.

Dak could play 6 or 7 more seasons with low turnovers and the losers of the world would dig all the way back to that one season as if it were relevant.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has played very very well this season. But the Dallas Cowboys will go as far as they do as a TEAM. Let’s don’t put all our hopes on Dak. He’s gonna need a lot of help to make a deep run. Prescott is enjoying the best run of his career performance-wise - but it may be naive to expect this run to continue unabated. He’ll probably have an off day or two before the regular season is over - and other players will need to step up should that situation arise.

The last few seasons I wondered if Dak was ‘The Guy’. The defense had been pretty good each year and so too Dak - until it was ‘win or go home.’ You can’t put it all on Dak - but he is the QB.

I am beginning to think Dak may BE that guy at QB. And he doesn’t need to blow me away with stats. Just play within himself, minimize turnovers (don’t dig any early holes), and be the calming stoic leader on the field. He has the physical abilities and temperament - now he’s showing a superior ability to read the situation and make the right decisions on a regular basis.

The facts are that Dak Prescott has not previously been given any run as a serious MVP candidate this late in a season - and NOW he is. Something seems to have changed in Dak’s game - it’s like a light has come on.

We’ll see how it goes down the stretch.
Good post and well worded. I was looking to see if I could find a way in your post to call you a hater. That is what the lovers of a player do.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok that's fair.... but before last year, was he known for being a turnover machine like Matt Stafford and Josh Allen have been known for their whole careers???

Absolutely not.

Dak has been in the league for 8 years, but actually played over 6 seasons due to injury. Had one bad season due to turnovers, but all yall focus on is that ONE bad season.

Never mention anything about the other many seasons without lots of turnovers because it would trash your weak agendas.

Dak could play 6 or 7 more seasons with low turnovers and the losers of the world would dig all the way back to that one season as if it were relevant.
Dak is kicking it, big dog. I agree. He is determined to play his best, so far looking good.

Your right, the past is the past. Sunday night is what the team is getting ready for.

GINeric

Reaction score
Good post and well worded. I was looking to see if I could find a way in your post to call you a hater. That is what the lovers of a player do.

Newsflash!!!

Usually when a fan loves a team, they usually love the players that wear that team's uniform. Well, that's how normal fans usually feel.

It's just here where people claim to be a fan of a team, but hate the players on that team to a point they want to see certain players fail in games even if it causes their "favorite team" to lose.

That's that low IQ behavior that I frequently speak of.

Now the coward *** haters are the ones who only blame certain players for every loss.... but hide from the board for days when certain players play well.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Newsflash!!!

Usually when a fan loves a team, they usually love the players that wear that team's uniform. Well, that's how normal fans usually feel.

It's just here where people claim to be a fan of a team, but hate the players on that team to a point they want to see certain players fail in games even if it causes their "favorite team" to lose.

Now the coward *** haters are the ones who only blame certain players for every loss.... but hide from the board for days when certain players play well.
lol...I love reading the News media. I know...you still gonna beat me up?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I was talking about last year, settle down, take a shot of booze and you will feel fine.
He acknowledges that in his post. What do you think he was talking about regarding regression last year?

What I recall about last year is a bunch of people treating last year like that performance was the regression to mean.

His pick rate most years has been under 2% like this year. His performance last year was twice his average.

Proof

Reaction score
I love their winning, I’m not Dak obsessed and don’t consider winning a few games against beat up opponents a great accomplishment I wait for the end result.
they’re* so you “love they’re winning” but not that the franchise qb is playing well? interesting

Proof

Reaction score
how would anyone be able to label it “hater”?. nuanced, measured, complimentary etc. well thought out stance. “haters” are the complete opposite. you picked an odd post to try and leverage an agenda

Proof

Reaction score
Newsflash!!!

i haven’t seen that capt crash dunce spewing his nonsense in awhile. i can’t imagine being run into hiding over positivity. thats wild

GINeric

Reaction score
i haven’t seen that capt crash dunce spewing his nonsense in awhile. i can’t imagine being run into hiding over positivity. thats wild

Exactly. Only weak people do things like that. I could point out everyone in the low IQ weak bunch with my eyes closed.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Dak will only be as good as he actually is on any given day. If he is good during the regular season, then that's good. Playoffs...when that comes - likewise he will only be as good as he is on that day. It's that simple.

vicjagger

Reaction score

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/08/dak-prescott-mvp-candidate-cowboys

Anyone with a screen and an opinion could find any number of throws that embody Dak Prescott’s elite stretch within this special season.

How’s this one? First quarter, at home, Week 13 against the Seahawks. Prescott drops back, pocket not collapsing but tightening around him. He steps decisively into the throw, zinging a pass downfield to CeeDee Lamb with three defenders nearby, close but not close enough.

Or this one: same game, second quarter, Seahawks ahead, 7–3. The Cowboys are in the red zone. Lamb motions to the right. Prescott fakes a handoff as he drops back, with nary a defender in sight. Lamb, despite double coverage, wiggles open, and the amount of time between wiggle and throw is tiny. It’s instantaneous, split seconds. This time, Prescott doesn’t fire the ball so much as he lobs it. Again, Lamb is tracked by two defenders. Again, the throw is perfect, ball placed where only Lamb can snag it. He leaps. He snags. Touchdown.

Or perhaps this one: same game, fourth quarter, down eight points. As Prescott drops back and fakes a handoff, a defensive end is already closing in to his right. The defender wraps Prescott’s body with both arms. This time, he’s wiggling—well, not wiggling so much as escaping by force. He scrambles right, before the broadcast team can correct the sack they just credited to Seattle. But he doesn’t just throw the ball right away, or tuck that thing and run. He waits, moves, waits, moves … and throws to Jalen Tolbert, who sets up near the right sideline.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thinking-grenades.gif
That's an awesome article. Thanks!

I loved the "7 game middle finger stretch" line! That's a perfect description.

Mr_437

Reaction score
When Dak starts getting praised, in the past, his play would go down hill shortly thereafter. I hope Dak maintains his edge even if the criticism quiets a bit. Salute for how he's played so far, but that's not anything to crow about...a tough 5 game stretch and the Playoffs await.

Brax

Reaction score
they’re* so you “love they’re winning” but not that the franchise qb is playing well? interesting
Again someone who doesn’t understand when reading, Dak is playing great but we’ve seen this movie before, hence wait till the season is over to see if it’s a different ending this time.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Who knew? Dak should have been using a catchy cadence years ago and he could have been a super celebrity.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't do anything in the playoffs until the playoffs start. So it's best to enjoy what's in front of us which is coming to grips with the fact that our QB is playing the best football of anybody in the league and is thus the reason this team has a legit chance to make a deep playoff run!
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Turnover worthy play. Dak was extremely unlucky in total turnovers vs. turnover-worthy plays. He was worse last year, but not league-leading INT rate worse. To your point, it was predominantly bad bounces WRs being out of sync.
Yes and they were tipped balls three interceptions happened with a tipped ball at the line because the offensive line could not get any push or he was being grabbed from behind and on his follow through on one where they grabbed his jersey and another one he hit his hand on a defender on a follow through that's three right there that are not on Prescott not bad decisions the fact that we're still talking about it but whenever we wanna bring up I don't know jalen hurts and let's just say the other elite wonder boy over there with the bills and Josh Allen oh it no longer matters turnovers from the quarterback position only matter if you wear a star on your helmet...

Nobody seems to wanna talk about it as a matter of fact on get up yesterday they were literally making excuses for Josh Allen because he's so elite he throws so many touchdowns it doesn't matter and they compare it in the Brett farve which by the way is a good comparison but that doesn't take away the fact that they threw a **** load of interceptions and you made Prescott feel like he's the only quarterback in history that's had an off year and had a few bad bounces to up his interception total even though if you look at the rest of the things Prescott did when he came back they have 25 touchdowns in that short amount of time after a broken hand and had the offense number one in many categories for most of the season after he came back nobody wants to talk about that but they make excuses for Josh Allen Brett farve Peyton Manning including losing in the playoffs for a good part of the start of your career it's all the same oh

except when you have a star in your helmet and our own fan base buy into the nonsense that's being parroting around ESPN and yet it's not an anomaly lots of quarterbacks have issues with turnovers and most of them can be broken down to see whos at fault...:espn:

it's not like he's stepping back and making bad decisions ,you also need to add in the separation rate for his receivers the last two years have been pretty bad since amari Cooper left and even Cedric Wilson probably better than what they had last year... So this year it's finally opening up a little bit the last four or five weeks where there seem to be on the same page they're running better routes and Prescott's delivery like he should...