News: SI | Dak the GM - 'Unique Ability' in Pre Draft Call with Jalen Tolbert

Ken

Reaction score
I’m not a “fan” nor do I want to be…I’m a Cowboys supporter who’s sick of the mediocrity. Failing to hold the top people in the organization accountable is the reason for 25 years of garbage.
Well the guy that you are blaming has nothing to do with 19 of them.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think it was a good move by McClay to have Dak, someone who is younger that can relate, to give the kid a call. I would be surprised if more teams don't do this to be honest. Well....then there's Green Bay

A phone call? Who cares about a phone call. That phone call wont help the kid get open and it wont help Dak hit him.

The fact Dak making a phone call is even in the news tells you how ridiculous the media and fans have gotten talking about stuff that means NOTHING... just to talk about something.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only reason this made the news is Tolbert said he had a feeling the Cowboys were going to select him, which he brought up Dak calling him ahead of the draft and his interaction with WR coach Prince.

The call from Prescott wasn’t the only indication of the Cowboys’ interest in Tolbert. Wide receivers coach Robert Prince put him through a private workout.

“I showed that I could retain information and be able to run routes in the system of the Cowboys,” he said. “And then after I remember asking [Prince], ‘Hey, Coach, what can I work on?’ and he was like, ‘I’ll tell you that when we make you a Cowboy.’ I kinda got a little hint there.”

After a call from Dak Prescott, receiver Jalen Tolbert had a feeling he'd be a Cowboy - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Well the guy that you are blaming has nothing to do with 19 of them.

The guy that gave Dak 175 million dollars has everything to do with it. I don’t blame Dak for taking the money but now that he’s filthy rich, he has to take the majority of the blame for poor results. He’s the “leader” of the team….self-proclaimed.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kinda think all the talk about leadership is nice and all, but no, leadership isn't everything. Success against good teams and not getting cold in the second half of the season are very important also if playoff success is the goal. Dak still has a lot to prove and I hope he has success

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
hmmm. Maybe, not against it but they better have a plan if that is the fact.
I heard earlier in the week that as many as 6 QBs could go in the first round next year.

So, if the Cowboys are smart (they're not), and we have a lackluster season again, they will see the writing on the wall. They will draft an actual 1st round talent, let him learn and progress behind Dak a couple years, and then as soon as Dak can be let go you let him go. I don't see the upside in wasting more time with Dak at that point.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I heard earlier in the week that as many as 6 QBs could go in the first round next year.

So, if the Cowboys are smart (they're not), and we have a lackluster season again, they will see the writing on the wall. They will draft an actual 1st round talent, let him learn and progress behind Dak a couple years, and then as soon as Dak can be let go you let him go. I don't see the upside in wasting more time with Dak at that point.
I am all for that if Dak did what he did the last negotiation a Plan B would be nice. Especially if the QB has time to sit and really learn the system. I was in favor of a QB this year if a really highly touted one fell like Aaron Rodgers did.