News: SI | Dak the GM - 'Unique Ability' in Pre Draft Call with Jalen Tolbert

RonnieT24

Reaction score
@RonnieT24 you are funny. This team hasn't sniffed success in 27 years. Of course I would trade the past 5 years of the Eagles to win a championship. Go back and look what this organization has actually done since 1996.
This organization does not have a plan to win. They are really good at getting to .500. I don't even think about the SB anymore, I just want to be able to get to the championship game level again. What a great feeling that is. A whole generation of fans have not experienced that.

I don't have to go back and look at anything. I have watched every snap of every game .. I still don't know that I would trade one championship for years of stank. I would rather be good with a chance to be great than great one year then in the toilet for half a decade. Not saying I approve of how this team has been run over this last generation. In fact I don't. I think Jerry's impulses are the number one reason we have not reached the mountain top. His impulses ran Parcells off just as he was building a championship team. .. Then his remorse over it and to a lesser extent over dumping Chan Gailey too quick led to his holding onto Garrett way too damn long. Jerry is not some football genius.. He's a businessman.. When he has leaned on actual football geniuses the Cowboys have been pretty good.. The problem is that he gets in there screwing with it too often before the goal can be achieved. At this point nobody is going to stop him from doing it again.. Except God.. (or the Devil depending on how you come down on such things.. ) Jerry needs to put his ego aside and let the football people do what they do.

This team is poised to be good to great on defense and at least good on offense in 2022. It has a good QB who could be great if he fixes a couple of issues and stays healthy. It has good running backs and what looks to be a good receiving corps and a good offensive line. It has a DC who had proven ability to get a defense to the next level. What it doesn't have an OC who can get them to the next level. The players are good enough to get this team to wins against most teams. Coaching is what they will need to win against good teams. I don't know if we have that at this point. I am not a believer in Kellen Moore. I think the players do great things that make him appear to be better than he is, frankly. Once those guys get dinged up and slow down suddenly he's not so great anymore. He thinks "Yards are yards."

He's wrong..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phone ringing........

Tolbert.....Hello

Dak....Hello Tolbert its Dak Prescott and I would like to ask you a question.....

Tobert....Sure Mr. Prescott......

Dak....You don't need every pass on your face mask to catch it?

Tobert....No Mr. Prescott I don't....

Dak.....GREAT cause you gonna be seeing a lot of dirtballs and high ones.....

Tobert.....silence......Oh ok then how about the long ball do you favor that Mr. Prescott??

Dak....Sure, I throw it to you 2 yards down the field and you run for another 30 yards.....see that's my version of the LONG BALL.....:muttley:

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Phone ringing........
Tolbert.....Hello
Dak....Hello Tolbert its Dak Prescott and I would like to ask you a question.....
Tobert.....silence......Oh ok then how about the long ball do you favor that Mr. Prescott??
Dak....Sure, I throw it to you 2 yards down the field and you run for another 30 yards.....see that's my version of the LONG BALL.....:muttley:

They actually track this, its called air yards. You could post Dak's and really show everyone how bad he is at it compared to others.

dckid

Reaction score
I don't have to go back and look at anything. I have watched every snap of every game .. I still don't know that I would trade one championship for years of stank. I would rather be good with a chance to be great t4-1han great one year then in the toilet for half a decade. Not saying I approve of how this team has been run over this last generation. In fact I don't. I think Jerry's impulses are the number one reason we have not reached the mountain top. His impulses ran Parcells off just as he was building a championship team. .. Then his remorse over it and to a lesser extent over dumping Chan Gailey too quick led to his holding onto Garrett way too damn long. Jerry is not some football genius.. He's a businessman.. When he has leaned on actual football geniuses the Cowboys have been pretty good.. The problem is that he gets in there screwing with it too often before the goal can be achieved. At this point nobody is going to stop him from doing it again.. Except God.. (or the Devil depending on how you come down on such things.. ) Jerry needs to put his ego aside and let the football people do what they do.

This team is poised to be good to great on defense and at least good on offense in 2022. It has a good QB who could be great if he fixes a couple of issues and stays healthy. It has good running backs and what looks to be a good receiving corps and a good offensive line. It has a DC who had proven ability to get a defense to the next level. What it doesn't have an OC who can get them to the next level. The players are good enough to get this team to wins against most teams. Coaching is what they will need to win against good teams. I don't know if we have that at this point. I am not a believer in Kellen Moore. I think the players do great things that make him appear to be better than he is, frankly. Once those guys get dinged up and slow down suddenly he's not so great anymore. He thinks "Yards are yards."

He's wrong..
@RonnieT24 man I like you but you are a bit delusional. How many teams win a SB and then are terrible for the next 5 years? It's like your building a strawman argument for the Cowboys constant mediocrity.
Hate to say it but you have been wrong about Dak. He is functionally equivalent with Cousins mostly... but in the same general area as Goff, Wentz, Jimmy G, guys you have gotten paid but will not deliver.
Going back to the Eagles, in 2017 they went
13-3 SB followed by
9-7- Divisional loss
9-7 WC loss
4-11 bad year
9-8 last year WC loss
Give me those 5 years twice a decade, we would have 5 more SB wins over 27 years.

Jerry is an absolute egomaniac owner who has run amok for 30 years. He has no defense, the emperor has no clothes. He has ruined this franchise from top to bottom.
From hiring Switzer, passing on Moss, horrific drafts record early in his real GM career, cannot count the Jimmy years as he did zilch, zero, nothing at all.

I will tell you a secret that you don't realize. Jerry has mastered being good enough, relevant. Once he realized the amount of money he needs to spend, the amount of effort he needs to put out to be between 7 and 9 wins, he doesn't care about winning the SB and actually competing. He also does not want to go 3-13. Having those two guardrails this team will never get better. Nothing will change.
Show me the incentive and I will show you the outcome. Jerry has 3 SB's, he is a HOF'r, the franchise is the most valuable in all of sport. He has no incentive to rock the boat, hire some hot shot, do analytics, just be good enough to be on First take, ESPN, FS1. Let Michael lose his mind on TV and talk about the 90's Cowboys.

BTW this rant of mine deserves its own thread.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Again, I’m not a fan. The Cowboys are my favorite team but I’m not a Cowboys fanatic like I was from 1990-2010.

Fanatic is a good word for it.....cross between a fan and a lunatic. Sounds about right. Some people here seem like they have a high tolerance for losing. 26 years ain't enough.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Hey Lebron did get one championship during his tenure as Lakers GM.. Most people here would trade many years of stinking out loud for one championship. I'm not sure I'm such a person.. but a lot of the reside here.
u r counting that g league chumpionship?

Dre11

Reaction score
People keep saying Dak can't make tight window throws when he lead the league in 2017 in that category...lol

However, Prescott's placement at the top of these rankings should help the Cowboys faithful retain some optimism. He was hyper-accurate when throwing into tight windows in 2017, leading qualifying passers in completion percentage and passer rating. Prescott actually improved his completion rate from his rookie year (42.7 percent) on a similar number of attempts (90 to 96).

https://www.nfl.com/news/dak-presco...mong-top-10-tight-window-qbs-0ap3000000915500

Qcard

Reaction score
Phone ringing........

Tolbert.....Hello

Dak Haters: Did you know Dak DIDN'T CALL CeeDee Lamb after the draft!

Tolbert: Yeah, I know.

Dak Haters: Would you like to play Golf, play catch and do core work with Romo?

Tolbert: Only if Jerry's weird son does ALL my contracts

Dak Haters: If you do a Cultural Awareness class with Wentz you can have anything