News: SI | Dak the GM - 'Unique Ability' in Pre Draft Call with Jalen Tolbert

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Context is always important, especially when it involves the usually contentious 'I like my quarterback! Well I don't like my quarterback!' back-and-forth, which has been going on much longer than Prescott has been on the team. The SI article is based on the Will McClay: Inside the Draft segment:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a-look-inside-dak-s-call-with-jalen-tolbert

(2:39 - 4:02 mark of the video)

McClay was Prescott's motivation for calling players. In my opinion, Prescott should be praised for interacting with newly added players to the roster but what has been lost (or not even recognized) in the customary bickering was the base leadership that inspired the "obvious transparent" leadership.

While the annual, self ego-stroking, 'Hey you! Jerry Jones! I want to put a star on that helmet!' keeps going strong, McClay is constantly striving to find ways to connect together people as a team and assist construction of real team identify.

It is little things such as this that should prompt a team owner to look for in hiring a qualified general manager candidate. Instead, McClay retains the lessor title of Vice-President of Player Personnel, all the while meeting the actual expectations of the position he should have been accepted by both the organization and the public long ago.

Sorry. Wanted to throw props McClay's way for truly sparking the latest 'I like my quarterback! Well, I don't like my quarterback!' fansite squabble.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
McClay was Prescott's motivation for calling players. In my opinion, Prescott should be praised for interacting with newly added players to the roster but what has been lost (or not even recognized) in the customary bickering was the base leadership that inspired the "obvious transparent" leadership.

Pretty much sums up the legend of Dak Prescott.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This is not even about if I like Dak or not ......... I have defended Dak on this forum his entire time as QB1 .......... I like Dak and think he is a good QB.

My problem with threads and articles like this is, I am tired of smoke being blown up the players ***. Every off-season we get threads like this praising the veterans on this team and a front office that fail over and over again.

The last time my beloved team, that Jerry Jones bought when I was 17 years old, won a NFC championship game or a Superbowl I was 23 years old .......... on the 31st of this month I will be 50. Fans have EVERY RIGHT to be upset at this football team and especially the front office. 27 years is an inexcusable amount of time for the richest franchise in the league.

Go out and win something of substance and then start crowing for Gods sake.