SI: Eagles' A.J. Brown Issues 'Warning' to Dallas LB Micah Parsons

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
What’s funny about this is Brown is calling out a linebacker who he will never matchup one on one with lol. Call out diggs if you want to make sense.
So I don't think this is the full story. Barrett Brooks reported that this was aj's response to micah saying he was gonna beat their team in the charity event and then 2 more times during the season. He went on to lose this game and barrett said the eagles were gonna win 2 more times during the season mocking him in fun. I think this makes a little more sense instead of aj just calling out micah.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cowboy Maven: by Mike Fisher

"Tell Micah Parsons,'' Brown said, "he can get ready for this s--t.''

In what is almost certainly a case of trash talk between "frienemies,'' new Philadelphia Eagles receiver A.J. Brown is ready to feed into the fun of the NFC East rivalries.

So why not go punch the biggest bully in the divisional schoolyard right in the nose?

"Tell Micah Parsons,'' Brown said, "he can get ready for this s--t.''

"This s--t'' is presumably not about the two of them competing recently in DeVonta Smith's charity softball game back in Micah's native Pennsylvania, but rather what Brown plans on doing to the Parsons-led Dallas Cowboys defense twice a year for the foreseeable future.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/eagles-a-j-brown-warning-dallas-micah-parsons-philadelphia

AJ Brown is already talking smack! :mad: What say you fellow Cowboys fans?

:popcorn:
Sounds like Dream Team Redux shtuff.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why? The Eagles have no All-Pro players like Parsons and Diggs.. Dak is light years a better quarterback then Hurts and do you really think they have a better coaching staff then the Cowboys? The Eagles are depending on Hurts to become a real quarterback not a running quarterback. They are praying that Davis will actually put up sacks and pressures in the pros that he never did in the SEC with possibly the greatest defense in college football history. I keep asking Eagles fans on the board what good team did the Eagles beat last season and all I keep hearing is Philadelphia should have beaten San Francisco in week 2 of last season.:laugh::facepalm:

Here's why it's not outrageous.

On paper, our roster is not as good as the one that ended the season. It's hard to argue otherwise. Maybe we end up being better, who knows, but talent wise, we took a step back. We just did. Our plan involves a lot of hope that rookies and some bargain bin guys can fill key roles for us.

Conversely, the Eagles made major improvements. They now have a legitimate WR corps. They have arguably one of the 2-3 best OLs in football. They restocked their DL by adding a legitimate edge player in Reddick and yet another DT. They improved their one CB spot opposite Slay. They have a soft as hell schedule, especially early where they can get some real momentum whereas we have a tougher start to the season.

Would it surprise me if Dallas won the division? Of course not. But if Philly won the division? That wouldn't surprise me either. It's not that outrageous to think Philly can win the division.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So I don't think this is the full story. Barrett Brooks reported that this was aj's response to micah saying he was gonna beat their team in the charity event and then 2 more times during the season. He went on to lose this game and barrett said the eagles were gonna win 2 more times during the season mocking him in fun. I think this makes a little more sense instead of aj just calling out micah.
Yes, it was all said in fun...but it's still a call out! o_O

Dre11

Reaction score

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-...ta-smith-softball-game-jalen-hurts-allentown/

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

On paper, our roster is not as good as the one that ended the season. It's hard to argue otherwise. Maybe we end up being better, who knows, but talent wise, we took a step back. We just did. Our plan involves a lot of hope that rookies and some bargain bin guys can fill key roles for us.

Conversely, the Eagles made major improvements. They now have a legitimate WR corps. They have arguably one of the 2-3 best OLs in football. They restocked their DL by adding a legitimate edge player in Reddick and yet another DT. They improved their one CB spot opposite Slay. They have a soft as hell schedule, especially early where they can get some real momentum whereas we have a tougher start to the season.

Would it surprise me if Dallas won the division? Of course not. But if Philly won the division? That wouldn't surprise me either. It's not that outrageous to think Philly can win the division.
Hilarious!

You give the Smeagles credit for stocking up in free agency and the draft, but you refuse to do the same for the Cowboys. Which team's fan are you?

Creeper

Reaction score
Maybe I am alone in this, but I don't see AJ Brown as such a great threat. I am not saying he is not a good player. I think he is. But the league is full of good WRs and every team faces one or two of them every week. I think the Eagles are a good team because of their offensive and defensive lines. I worry more about their running game than AJ Brown.

The problem with the Eagles for Dallas is they look like a stacked team on both sides of the ball with the exception of their QB. If Hurts improves over his first 2 seasons the Eagles will run away with the division. If not they will contend but Dallas and maybe NY Giants will have a chance to catch them.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
This don't tell who started the smack talk.
You are correct. But what we do know is that micah started talking trash before the game was started. Micah is 0-1 for his 3-0 prediction. Micah has a big personality so my context clues would tell me he was more likely to start it (all in fun), but I don't know when AJ's comments were made and it definitely could be possible he started it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He did this same thing last season about Washington iirc.
Yeah I remember a talking head had Fitzmagic leading Washington to the NFC championship game. You are not winning anything without a quarterback.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Not to mention we've owned the NFC East during Dak's tenure. It feels less like a rivalry when we usually take them to school.

Dallas and Philly play in the remedial school league. We are both teams who have seats on the short bus until further notice.

Smack talk between the two of us is like watching the dumb kids in class argue about test grades.

"My 51% beats your 49%."

Duh, your both stupid!

You can put Washington and the Giants on the same bus.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Right...but it doesn't count when other teams beat losing teams. It is only used against Dallas and Dak. You know the narratives and agendas they have.
I think we also have a better defense then the Eagles and I am not sure the Eagles offensive line is better when Tyron is healthy. Is Godeort a better tight end then Shultz? Zeke and Pollard are better running backs the what the Eagles have. I give them defensive tackle. Wide receivers need a quarterback although AJ has better touchdown stats to CeeDee but Gallup is better then Smith. The Cowboys clearly have more talent.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

The Eagles still don’t have a quarterback. Dak is now two years removed from an ankle injury. The Cowboys finished 6-0 in the division and got rid of excess trash. They should be the favorite.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Eagles still don’t have a quarterback. Dak is now two years removed from an ankle injury. The Cowboys finished 6-0 in the division and got rid of excess trash. They should be the favorite.

Cowboys are the the favorite since they won the division last season. They are the favorites until proven otherwise.
That is how I look at each season, which ever team won the previous season are the favorites. Unless there have been really big changes to the roster.

In the case of this year, no team has improved nor became worse than any other team. If one was to make any argument for a team improving more so than another. Is Washington, as Wentz is far better than any QB they trotted out there in the past 5 years or more.

However, Wentz is not that difference maker for them to say they are favorites. If anything Washington could surpass the Eagles.