News: SI: Fish: Cowboys Trade for Denzel Mims? Dallas' Connection with Jets WR

Rayman70

Reaction score
We have a Mims guy in Brandon Smith. Just put him on the 53.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
No the big difference is about 8 inches in height and 50 pounds heavier with a substantially larger catch radius because of arm length alone.

Turpin will never be the deep threat you fantasize about, the best way to use him is to get him the ball in space and use him sparingly.

That 8” and catch radius is useless when the CB is draped all over him. I would wait until Turpin plays a full season before making that statement about him not being a deep threat.

BTW he can catch it 5 yards and take it deep all the way for a TD. :thumbup:

Mims had 133 yards last season and Turpin broke that with 2 snaps, yea the difference is 5-10 yards. :laugh:

Maxmadden

Reaction score
That 8” and catch radius is useless when the CB is draped all over him. I would wait until Turpin plays a full season before making that statement about him not being a deep threat.

BTW he can catch it 5 yards and take it deep all the way for a TD. :thumbup:

Mims had 133 yards last season and Turpin broke that with 2 snaps, yea the difference is 5-10 yards. :laugh:
It's obvious you have no clue evaluating talent by your past threads, so until you finally get one right I am just going to assume you are clueless until proven otherwise.

plymkr

Reaction score
he can tie any player to any team with some nutty Kevin Bacon 6th degree of separation crap...funny to read though
Lol, 6 degrees of the Dallas Cowboys. Every player is connected to is somehow, especially if a trade or FA is mentioned.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Mims is in a tough spot. You can't trust him as one of your top 3 wideouts, but he doesn't play any STs, so he's not really good for a down-the-roster role either.

I would honestly practice-squad him. Just have him hang out with the position coaches for a year and see if he has anything to work with. It'd be hard to keep him from being poached with his draft pedigree, but so be it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mims is in a tough spot. You can't trust him as one of your top 3 wideouts, but he doesn't play any STs, so he's not really good for a down-the-roster role either.

I would honestly practice-squad him. Just have him hang out with the position coaches for a year and see if he has anything to work with. It'd be hard to keep him from being poached with his draft pedigree, but so be it.
If he is in your top 4, you may be able to justify it. Ideally you would still want your #4 to play ST, but at least he would get on the field on offense

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
It's obvious you have no clue evaluating talent by your past threads, so until you finally get one right I am just going to assume you are clueless until proven otherwise.

Sounds like you don’t know bow to evaluate a player that only put 133 yards in one season while the other put up 184 yards in two snaps. Please go watch some tape

Hadenough

Reaction score
WR's dont matter if your line cant block. RB's dont matter if your line cant block. QB's dont matter if your line cant block.
This just sounds like a typical Dallas move. They need oline help so bad but start churning the WR pile.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fish sounds like Jerry circa 2008. Acquiring a WR with gaping holes in the OL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Except Mixon, Burrow and Boyd, Chase and Higgins disagree…..

Im sure we could go back and find one or two exceptions to every rule. Burrows did lead the NFL in picks for most of the year. They were 9-7 and barely made the playoffs. The defense and kicker did carry them in the playoffs.

Fixing the Oline was the #1 priority for the Bengals. They replaced 3 lineman on their line in one year. Jerry went out and got 1.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fish sounds like Jerry circa 2008. Acquiring a WR with gaping holes in the OL.
IM with you only move that needs to be made before game 1 is OT. we have help coming at WR , do not need another project. this kid sounds like Vasher or Semi fehoko.