News: SI: Fish: Dallas 'High on' Jaguars Lineman Walker Little

Sandyf

Reaction score
We could see some trades tomorrow or early Tuesday before cuts announced. Little was possibly the Cowboy pick in 2021 in the 2nd but Jags took him 1st. My understanding is that he has always been a LT and eventhough Jags have moved him to RT, it isn't going well. Could Dallas trade for him, unlikely, but Jags are weak at DT and TE so trading say Hill and McKeon for Little would be a fair trade.

I could see LIttle start at LT and Tyler Smith stay at LG, young, yes, but of all the options it is one of best long term solutions.

Tussinman

Reaction score
The Texans are unlikely to get a 1st for Tunsil.

Many media analysts suggested a 3rd.
Yeah those analyst is full of crap. A 3rd for a fringe top 10 LT whose majority of the salary Houston has to eat ?

Yeah not buying his value that low. Tunsil is as good of a left tackle as Amari was wide receiver and we gave up a 1st for Amari. That's with 1. Tunsil playing a way more valueable position (LT is arguably the 2nd most valueable postion in the entire sport) and 2. Tunsil having a full 2 years of rights where Amari was 1.5

I'd say at least a 2nd and a 4th or a 2nd and a comp 3rd

A 3rd (especially for a team like the cowboys who are likely to be picking towards the back half of the round) is insulting low for a fringe top 10 LT on a cheap deal. I have zero idea why any media analyst would even throw that out there (that's like skip bayless level delusion)

Iago33

Reaction score
Yeah those analyst is full of crap. A 3rd for a fringe top 10 LT whose majority of the salary Houston has to eat ?

Yeah not buying his value that low. Tunsil is as good of a left tackle as Amari was wide receiver and we gave up a 1st for Amari. That's with 1. Tunsil playing a way more valueable position (LT is arguably the 2nd most valueable postion in the entire sport) and 2. Tunsil having a full 2 years of rights where Amari was 1.5

I'd say at least a 2nd and a 4th or a 2nd and a comp 3rd

A 3rd (especially for a team like the cowboys who are likely to be picking towards the back half of the round) is insulting low for a fringe top 10 LT on a cheap deal. I have zero idea why any media analyst would even throw that out there (that's like skip bayless level delusion)
I haven’t paid attention to Tunsil in games since he’s been in the NFL. Is he really considered a top-10 left tackle?

Tussinman

Reaction score
I haven’t paid attention to Tunsil in games since he’s been in the NFL. Is he really considered a top-10 left tackle?
Yep. Has made both pro bowl starter and NFL top 100 in 2 out of the last 3 years.

Run blocking he trends middle of the pack for starters but pass blocking he's been fringe top 5 in the league. Just for the hell of it I looked just now at 3 different pre-season rankings for best tackles and for left tackle one had him 6th best, the other 8th best, and the last one 11th best (11th best was done pre Tyron injury so that would move him to #10)

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We could see some trades tomorrow or early Tuesday before cuts announced. Little was possibly the Cowboy pick in 2021 in the 2nd but Jags took him 1st. My understanding is that he has always been a LT and eventhough Jags have moved him to RT, it isn't going well. Could Dallas trade for him, unlikely, but Jags are weak at DT and TE so trading say Hill and McKeon for Little would be a fair trade.

I could see LIttle start at LT and Tyler Smith stay at LG, young, yes, but of all the options it is one of best long term solutions.
Jags took him one pick after we picked a thug murderer

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. But then again I wouldn't draft an OT in round 1 if I didn't think he could play OT right away. What we would do abd what this clown show does ain't the same. Unless he is Chaz green bad I don't see much better out there. Might as well start developing the futer LT. I thought he should have played friday at LT to see how he does. That might have answered some questions.
So, you wouldn't have drafted Zack Martin?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No sir he isn't. But unless he's Chaz green you might as well roll with him. You really gonna pay an average vet over letting him learn year 1? He isn't that bad
Truth is none of us know what kind of LT he would be.
I would spend 2 to 5 million on a one year contract for vet LT.
Let them both play.
See what you got.
I just like having back up plans.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zach was never supposed to be an OT at this level. Zach could Play OT if he wanted too.
If Tyler Smith is a better OG than OT this year, why play him at OT? The Cowboys haven't had a great LG for at least a couple years. The OL doesn't get better with a weak LG, right? Why not trade for a OT and leave Smith at OG?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Tyler Smith is a better OG than OT this year, why play him at OT? The Cowboys haven't had a great LG for at least a couple years. The OL doesn't get better with a weak LG, right? Why not trade for a OT and leave Smith at OG?

Because at some point you've got to let him play tackle. If he is indeed the tackle of the future. If he's not then sure leave him at guard. Paying a vet for 1 year is just another waste of money. They've invested in smith, ball, waletzco, and they need to recoup some of that investment on the field.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish y’all would only post Fish when he’s saying something worth a damn…
I take Fish two ways. 1) He posts click bait. 2) Cowboys organization uses him as a mouthpiece (See Amari and Collins). When thats happening its worth paying attention too.

Sometimes its hard to tell which is which. This could be click bait. This could also be the organization using Fisher to get the fanbase excited for a player they are going to over pay for.

I would bet on the former here. But with regards to the latter, Little seems like a very random name to pull for click bait.

I would say Mims is more likely as far as things Fish has been pushing because Mims name isn't really going to drive interest

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep. Has made both pro bowl starter and NFL top 100 in 2 out of the last 3 years.

Run blocking he trends middle of the pack for starters but pass blocking he's been fringe top 5 in the league. Just for the hell of it I looked just now at 3 different pre-season rankings for best tackles and for left tackle one had him 6th best, the other 8th best, and the last one 11th best (11th best was done pre Tyron injury so that would move him to #10)
If you were a big fan, you could make a case for top 5. But top 10 is more accurate