SI high on Cowboys and Giants to make the playoffs

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think six losing teams of 2020 make the playoffs the following year. The good teams in the league remain fairly consistent from year to year. Maybe three or four teams make the playoffs that didn't make it last year, but not six. I do believe the Cowboys will be one of those teams.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I don't think six losing teams of 2020 make the playoffs the following year. The good teams in the league remain fairly consistent from year to year. Maybe three or four teams make the playoffs that didn't make it last year, but not six. I do believe the Cowboys will be one of those teams.

They’re usually at least a 50 percent turnover among NFC playoff teams from year to year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They’re usually at least a 50 percent turnover among NFC playoff teams from year to year.
Note I said nothing about the NFC East other than I think the Cowboys will be one of those teams. I acknowledge our division is not consistent with having a champion one year to the next. However, the rest of the league is.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One season, only one division, the AFC East, had a champ repeat. The NFC East hasn't had a repeater in 17 years.

It really is a year to year league and hard for the majority of teams to sustain a good run.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Note I said nothing about the NFC East other than I think the Cowboys will be one of those teams. I acknowledge our division is not consistent with having a champion one year to the next. However, the rest of the league is.

I mean the whole NFC. There were four new playoff teams last year. Now, the teams at the top usually stay the same.

garyo1954

Reaction score
We play the Chargers, New England, Denver, and the Giants twice.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Those are four of the teams projected by SI.
The 49ers are the only team on the list we don't play.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I felt last season that this team was good enough to make post season, I had doubts about the defense but never anticipated it would be not only bad but historically bad. Offense you always expect injuries but seeing 4 or 5 starters on OL out along with a backup over the course of the season and a total of 4 QB playing within the season was something this team could not overcome. Heading into this season I still feel the talent on offense if they can remain relatively healthy that they will be one of the top offensive in the league. Defensively while I still have some doubts I will say it is fewer doubts than last season. Cowboys making post season? I fully expect it

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

7 teams made it in 2020 that weren't there in 2019.

6 more making it this year is no stretch...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As usual, Joe, allergic to the facts? What the hell does COVID have to do with it, it was an even playing field for all the teams as far as prep.
NO, IT WAS NOT! All teams did their own thing to get past the offseason and into training camp. Don't be revisioning history here. Some places were absolutely paralyzed for a spell. Other places had a better grip on training. It caused otherwise good teams to be bad. Now that that mess is over for the most part there won't be all those excuses. This year the good teams will make the playoffs and the bad teams won't.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan