News: SI: Prescott: I was greedy

mrmojo

Reaction score
Hopefully someday we get something that resembles those type of results.

Troy was a #1 overall pick though too and didn’t play under a salary cap like Mr. 40 million who wants money like he is capable of carrying a team.
Troy got his though, he was the highest paid QB at one point also...

khiladi

Reaction score
So much talent that no backup has even come close to the output either in wins or stats? That type of talent?

I honestly thought people got over all of this but admitting one is wrong must be tougher than I thought. Is he Mahones? Aaron? No but what does well, he does at an elite level.

All QBs say they need to play within the game plan or philosophy when things don't go well. I've heard this same line countless times over the years. From everyone from Aikman to Manning, Marino to Brady. Defenses try to bait QBs and its up to the QB to know when to gamble and when not to. They all have bad stretches where they have to figure things out. In fact, Dak has overcome quite a few already.

By figuring things out you mean resorting to the same tendencies that have gone back to college?

khiladi

Reaction score
BS. I have seen him make multiple reads many times if he has the time. His Oline has been making it tough on him lately imo. The Oline is also why they can't run the ball effectively.

And no I not a Dak lover, I am a Cowboy fanatic. I am also not a Dak basher like some of the people that liked your post.

“if he has the time….”

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
By figuring things out you mean resorting to the same tendencies that have gone back to college?
So you're saying NFL defenses couldn't solve some Joe Schmo QB in the last 4 years whom has been doing the same tendencies since college?

Whoa, NFL defenses must not be any better than college. Great analysis..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We kinda knew he was greedy after his last contract but that's OK, I like his can-do attitude! Just kidding, folks! :grin:

khiladi

Reaction score
So you're saying NFL defenses couldn't solve some Joe Schmo QB in the last 4 years whom has been doing the same tendencies since college?

Whoa, NFL defenses must not be any better than college. Great analysis..

I never said that the personnel hasn’t compensated for Dak’s horrible mechanics and tendencies gif significant stretches of his play. We also saw Dak in all his glory when Zeke was suspended, Amari wasn’t here and Smith went out, how “legendary” this QB was…

I mean it’s pretty obvious they have when guys like Smith, Zeke and Amari and the are not on the field and the best OL in football isn’t giving Dak 10 second to throw that the defenses have “solved him”.
I mean defenses couldn’t even solve Cooper Rush on this team in his first start ever in the pros in four years of being on a roster..

It’s been pretty obvious when Dak couldn’t beat the scrub Eagles in 2019 against scrub CBs to get eliminated from playoff contention, as Dak wallowed in his horrible mechanics as he’s doing now.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Those were players who had already been paid, not someone who was signing their first contract after the rookie deal.
I would have no problem in locking Jerry up for a number of years and we could work the money out along the way - with the provision I'd get it all. As I recall, Troy restructured his $55M "Big payday" so Jerry could bring in Number 21.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s frustrating on my part,” Prescott said. “I think just being greedy in some of the reads, trying to put the dagger in them, I guess you could say, rather than just continuing to play through the play and play through the drive. I was trying to do it on one play. I can’t do that. We can’t do that as an offense. We just got to stay within it and allow that play to come.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-offense-problem-dak-prescott-greedy-final

Obvious agenda-driven thread title is obvious.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I never said that the personnel hasn’t compensated for Dak’s horrible mechanics and tendencies gif significant stretches of his play. We also saw Dak in all his glory when Zeke was suspended, Amari wasn’t here and Smith went out, how “legendary” this QB was…

I mean it’s pretty obvious they have when guys like Smith, Zeke and Amari and the are not on the field and the best OL in football isn’t giving Dak 10 second to throw that the defenses have “solved him”.
I mean defenses couldn’t even solve Cooper Rush on this team in his first start ever in the pros in four years of being on a roster..

It’s been pretty obvious when Dak couldn’t beat the scrub Eagles in 2019 against scrub CBs to get eliminated from playoff contention, as Dak wallowed in his horrible mechanics as he’s doing now.

Didn't you moronically tell us that Andy Dalton was a better QB than Dak and that the Cowboys would be closer to a SB with him under center than Dak?

Stop posting.

Aulac

Reaction score
Didn't you moronically tell us that Andy Dalton was a better QB than Dak and that the Cowboys would be closer to a SB with him under center than Dak?

Stop posting.

Prime Andy Dalton is better than Dak Prescott. The Bengals made the playoff almost every year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prime Andy Dalton is better than Dak Prescott. The Bengals made the playoff almost every year.
Not even close hard charger. His individual statistics don't compare and the team went to the playoffs 4 of 9 seasons. Stop making things up.

morat1959

Reaction score
They don't watch non-Cowboys game, it's so frustrating.
That may be some of it but lots really don’t know the game well enough to watch Dak and see his many flaws. They’re stuck in statsville….fantasy-Madden football.

Aulac

Reaction score
That may be some of it but lots really don’t know the game well enough to watch Dak and see his many flaws. They’re stuck in statsville….fantasy-Madden football.

Stats is the worst thing to ever happen to sport I swear. When I saw Dak pad his stats in that Broncos game even though it been out of reach since the first half, I was livid! He was willing to risk injury to pad his stats! On top of that, he got a fake stat of 2 touchdowns LMAO.

Dak is one of the most selfish player I have ever witness, both on and off the field. From contract to getting free stats.

3 more years man, 3 more years of this ****. I already lost most of my hair watching Dak ruined countless teams. I'm literally bald now and I had a full set of hair before Dak was drafted. There is a reason he is a 4th round pick people!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The diary of a system Quarterback
Don't make mistakes by trying to do more than is prudent is the right thinking for any QB.

By the way, what "system" are you talking about?