SI: Proposed Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for Saints WR Michael Thomas; Does Move Fit?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just mentioning this because it's out there. Posting the highlights. I think it's an awful idea for the Cowboys.

Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for Saints WR Michael Thomas Proposed; Does Move Fit?​

Dallas Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for New Orleans Saints WR Michael Thomas Proposed by Media; Does Move Fit?
Mike Fisher

FRISCO - Injuries and controversies have created for New Orleans Saints receiver Michael Thomas a downward spiral from his heyday period at the end of the last decade. Could the Dallas Cowboys take a stab at a trade that might resuscitate his career?

The suggestion comes from our friends at Blogging the Boys believes. It is delivered without a mention of what the Cowboys might give up in trade, and that might be handy ... because we would suggest the Cowboys would give up virtually nothing in trade.

Thomas has played just 20 games in the last four seasons, has found himself in conflict with his Saints bosses, and last season settled for a salary reduction from $15.5 million to $1.165 million (but with a massive roster bonus of $32 million as part of some cap manipulation, still a sign of a coming goodbye).

Meanwhile, the Cowboys are $20 million over the cap ... and creating more problems there for a player who in Thomas probably isn't superior to prospective Dallas third receiver Jalen Tolbert seems unnecessary.

Entire article: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...as-proposed-media-move-fit-rumor-dak-prescott

michael-thomas-and-cowboys.jpg

Big_D

Reaction score
Always going after guys past their prime and/or overrated....I still think they'll make a mistake and sign Barkley instead of Henry.

If they don't go after Henry they'll really miss the boat on a golden opportunity.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, I think we can expect to hear/see a few bottom-feeding WRs link to the Cowboys since Gallup, our #2 starter will likely be released/traded.

Hell, since we throwing out names, what about this guy.....he could be MM's Jordy Nelson

Hunter Renfrow
Las Vegas Raiders · WR
Unless new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy brings in strong convictions about Renfrow, the former Pro Bowl wideout should be out of Las Vegas by summer. Since snagging 103 catches back in 2021, he has totaled just 61 over the last two seasons combined and carries a $13.7 million cap hit in 2024. The Raiders' new direction -- whatever it is -- will likely include a new slot receiver.

exciter

Reaction score
Lol, why would you trade for a player who’s only played in a whopping total of 20 games over the last 4 seasons and will be cut regardless?

Carson

Reaction score
Honestly, I think we can expect to hear/see a few bottom-feeding WRs link to the Cowboys since Gallup, our #2 starter will likely be released/traded.

Hell, since we throwing out names, what about this guy.....he could be MM's Jordy Nelson

Hunter Renfrow
Las Vegas Raiders · WR
Unless new offensive coordinator Luke Getsy brings in strong convictions about Renfrow, the former Pro Bowl wideout should be out of Las Vegas by summer. Since snagging 103 catches back in 2021, he has totaled just 61 over the last two seasons combined and carries a $13.7 million cap hit in 2024. The Raiders' new direction -- whatever it is -- will likely include a new slot receiver.
I played coached against Hunter when he was an option QB and coached against his dad, good kid.

But the way Renfrow beast out is option routes. That’s why he hasn’t done much lately. He did well with Carr early on being able to run these routes. The lack of QB play is what hurt Hunter