SI: Proposed Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for Saints WR Michael Thomas; Does Move Fit?

Sydla

Reaction score
Just mentioning this because it's out there. Posting the highlights. I think it's an awful idea for the Cowboys.

Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for Saints WR Michael Thomas Proposed; Does Move Fit?​

Dallas Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for New Orleans Saints WR Michael Thomas Proposed by Media; Does Move Fit?
Mike Fisher

FRISCO - Injuries and controversies have created for New Orleans Saints receiver Michael Thomas a downward spiral from his heyday period at the end of the last decade. Could the Dallas Cowboys take a stab at a trade that might resuscitate his career?

The suggestion comes from our friends at Blogging the Boys believes. It is delivered without a mention of what the Cowboys might give up in trade, and that might be handy ... because we would suggest the Cowboys would give up virtually nothing in trade.

Thomas has played just 20 games in the last four seasons, has found himself in conflict with his Saints bosses, and last season settled for a salary reduction from $15.5 million to $1.165 million (but with a massive roster bonus of $32 million as part of some cap manipulation, still a sign of a coming goodbye).

Meanwhile, the Cowboys are $20 million over the cap ... and creating more problems there for a player who in Thomas probably isn't superior to prospective Dallas third receiver Jalen Tolbert seems unnecessary.

Entire article: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...as-proposed-media-move-fit-rumor-dak-prescott

michael-thomas-and-cowboys.jpg
LOL.

WTH?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The guy has gone an entire presidential administration since looking like a good WR. Yeah, let's trade for him in a blockbuster move.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Always going after guys past their prime and/or overrated....I still think they'll make a mistake and sign Barkley instead of Henry.
Every move this off season has been the worst possible move so you are most likely correct with your prediction, however I don't think they sign either. They'll just run it back with Pollard and Dowdle again.

Off season so far:

New GM? Nope.

Hire the best, most innovative coaching minds? Nope, let's run the 5-11 era from over 20 years ago back for more.

I expect a nothing FA period (as usual), and another weak draft.

Opening night next season starts with getting our doors blown off by SF with the team looking and performing much like the Green Bay game.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The fact that stuff like this is constantly written makes me sad. I wish we were a franchise where people wrote the opposite of this. If you are running a real franchise and someone wrote something like this about you they would get ridiculed. When it comes to us people are like yeah that makes sense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just mentioning this because it's out there. Posting the highlights. I think it's an awful idea for the Cowboys.

Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for Saints WR Michael Thomas Proposed; Does Move Fit?​

Dallas Cowboys 'Blockbuster' Trade for New Orleans Saints WR Michael Thomas Proposed by Media; Does Move Fit?
Mike Fisher

FRISCO - Injuries and controversies have created for New Orleans Saints receiver Michael Thomas a downward spiral from his heyday period at the end of the last decade. Could the Dallas Cowboys take a stab at a trade that might resuscitate his career?

The suggestion comes from our friends at Blogging the Boys believes. It is delivered without a mention of what the Cowboys might give up in trade, and that might be handy ... because we would suggest the Cowboys would give up virtually nothing in trade.

Thomas has played just 20 games in the last four seasons, has found himself in conflict with his Saints bosses, and last season settled for a salary reduction from $15.5 million to $1.165 million (but with a massive roster bonus of $32 million as part of some cap manipulation, still a sign of a coming goodbye).

Meanwhile, the Cowboys are $20 million over the cap ... and creating more problems there for a player who in Thomas probably isn't superior to prospective Dallas third receiver Jalen Tolbert seems unnecessary.

Entire article: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...as-proposed-media-move-fit-rumor-dak-prescott

why is this a block buster trade? sports media running out of material. a 30 year old player who is on the verge of getting cut perhaps. took a 15M pay cut last year. has played all of 20 games in 4 seasons....FOUR SEASONS. and has a total of 95 catches in that span. can we say he is past time. he is 30 years old folks. he is not what he once was. not even close. trading for Hill would be a block buster trade. trading for Sameuls would be a block buster trade. trading for Thomas, who may play 8 games this year and give us 40 catches...its not block buster. its filling the roster trade..

Fmart322

Reaction score
After the 2 terrible trades the Cowboys made for WRs Roy Williams and Joey Galloway I don't ever want to see the Cowboys trade for another WR again in the Jerry Jones Era.
Just draft or sign one via free agency. If they miss you didn't ruin your draft with over paying another team.

Honorable mention, Amari Cooper. Yeah, we dumped his salary but we should have gotten a lot more for him.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Mike Fisher

almost every idea I've seen with these rumor mill's suggestions of trades and free agent pickups have been terrible ideas for the Cowboys why are the Cowboys the only team that seems to be a fit for every single free agent draft pick undrafted free agent trade of other people's problems??

We do not need an overpaid diva of a wide receiver hasn't done anything in a really long time... We do not need running backs looking for a payday the three or four that keep being mentioned is unnecessary matter of fact I don't think the Cowboys are looking for a wide receiver other than someone to replace gallop which would be some mid tier guy and maybe a fourth or fifth round draft pick literally if they could roll with Brandon cooks and CD lamb and have Ferguson as a target I don't think wide receiver is on the top of the list...

I would draft a running back in round two through 4 find a big running back you can get another running back for under $4 million maybe even under 2 million mid tier veteran to back him up and then you use deuce Vaughn..

Please post all the free agent and trade ideas at defensive tackle and linebacker those would be our main concern and then add in a center if they move on from tyler biadasz...​
All this other stuff is slow News dead sports storys days, mention the Cowboys to get clicks.....​

blueblood70

Reaction score
So far linked to …

Chris Jones, Snead, SaQuan, Michael Thomas lol
Henry and Diggs plus now Vonn AGAIN lmao..

Jones is the only name i would consider and he would be great fit.. doubt KC lets him walk but who knows..

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If they would be willing to eat a huge chunk of Thomas' 2024 contract AND they were willing to accept Dexter Coakley and their choice of Hambrick brothers (Darren or Troy), then I would be all for this move.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How could it be called a "blockbuster trade" with no indication what the Cowboys would give up & when the player traded for hasn't had a strong season - or healthy one - the last 3 years?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mike Fisher

Wake me up when they start talking about acquiring offensive linemen and defensive players!