SI: The Dallas Cowboys Are Wasting the Luckiest QB Run in NFL History

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s not that Dak keeps betting on himself. It’s the front office waiting on him to fail and it keep blowing up in their faces. Dak will ball out this year....win the division nd possibly make it to the NFC CG. His contract demand will be 38m and up.

I don't believe that's the case. The front office made him an offer that it felt was at his value level. If he had agreed to that offer, then he would be under a long-term deal. That is not waiting on a player to fail.

Prescott feels he is worth more than the offers he received, so he chose to play on the franchise tag. That's betting on yourself. He is saying my play will show that I'm worth that 38 million and up, that my value is higher than what you believe it is.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Really.
:laugh:
I've never seen so many made up stats until Dak had to be propped up and defended. . . I guess they are still trying to figure out a way to "MEASURE" INTANGIABLES
I like Dak but yeah you see it in this group all time time these stats people keep finding to prop him up, notice they are always "totals" stats which really result from the fact that he never misses games really.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Dak but yeah you see it in this group all time time these stats people keep finding to prop him up, notice they are always "totals" stats which really result from the fact that he never misses games really.

So 'stats people' actually have substance and support for their opinion, while others don't?

I'll always value an opinion supported by facts over one with nothing behind it.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I lov how all these experts who wanted JJ to dump a yacht full of money on Dak's contract and at the time whined about the Rams & Eagles over spending on their QB's contracts. JJ played his hand next to the best...…. GO COWBOYS!

birdwells1

Reaction score
The luckiest back-to-back QB run in NFL history is very likely to be the Pats snagging Tom Brady in the 2000 sixth-round, riding him to 9 SBs and 6 Chips, only to immediately replace him with a hungry Cam Newton on a cheap one-year “prove it” deal — and with a young and cheap Jarrett Stidham waiting in the wings.
Montana to Young.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Dibbly bubbly poo I say.

Mates, we are so low rent that we are impressed by two QBs who brought us perennial 8-8 and 9-7 seasons and maybe 5 post season appearances in 15 years?

When others develop and have QBs such as Wilson, Mahomes, Brees, Goff, Rogers, Ryan, Garroplolo, Watson and Luck and Lamar ... we place 8-8 QBs on a pedestal and pat ourselves on the back!

This is low rent behavior.
This is idol worship for a precise but snake-bitten Romo and an awkward and short-range passer like Dak.

We can do better, and it starts with demanding better than not ready for prime-time players. We get a walk-on and then a 4th rounder and are giddy with visions of 9-7 and 8-8.

Harumph!
Get wider and better horizons, blokes!

Hadenough

Reaction score

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Technically, the luckiest QB run in history was 6th round draft pick Tom Brady in New England.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They already wasted it with Garrett, It’s gone.
Jerry Jones is a great salesman. Beyond extraordinary.

Some of the easiest sold people are great salesmen somehow. They just want to believe, so to speak.

It's obvious his shot at his Utopia was a fraud.

I've truly never seen a head coach do less with more than Garrett.

Good for him though....he was able to sell himself as being something great with generic sayings and promising Jerry to be in the middle of it all.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. And it’ll be so easy to get his replacement.

We’ll simply select a college player and that is fool proof!! Simple.

You’re all welcome.
Any college QB can go 8-8 with this roster!:omg:

Redline360

Reaction score
It wouldn't of mattered if we had Brady in his prime on the cowboys. Statistically over the past 25 years most superbowl winners have had offense/defense ranked in the top 10. Only a select few have had bad defenses.

The defense through the romo /dak years is the Achilles heel of this team bar a couple years here and there.