because there's a really good chance that he'll be a 2nd or 3rd rd pick

David

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1739638 said:
because there's a really good chance that he'll be a 2nd or 3rd rd pick

David

I cannot tell you how happy I would be to see him on the board when the Cowboys draft in the second around. I bet he is gone before then though. Late first at the soonest, but without a doubt gone in the second.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
All things equal I take an OT over a running back every time. In this case, I would definately take Long over McFadden.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The record shows that RBs taken in the top 10 are not guaranteed to be great. For every AD or TD you have a Ennis or Benson. Just like WRs. And in the last five years the results for LTs are not great. Gallery is a big example, but Debrik Ferguson has not exactly shined either.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1739505 said:
My point is that an elite QB or RB is much more important than an elite OL.

much more? c'mon, don't be stupid and exaggerate to try to prove your point, A QB and RB needs a good Oline, just as much as an Oline needs a QB who gets rid of the ball quickly, and a RB who can find his holes, I'd place equal importance on QB and Oline, and then go after a RB, and I wouldn't worry about not getting McFadden, if we truly want him, we have the ammo to get him, alot of teams who pick in the 5-7 range want to trade down, but are having a hard time finding takers nowadays, and why are we talking about drafting a LT? we have 2 LT candidates who the staff is high already on the roster, and they'll have at least a year of NFL strength and conditioning, as well as coaching, over the rook

Taz

Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;1739433 said:
Because his size and speed doesn't translate to him being a top NFL prospect. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get drafted until the late 2nd, early 3rd round...which is where Dallas should draft a RB, in my opinion, if they decide not to keep the "platoon system" that's in place now.

I am not sure how good this RB is. But I would like to point out E Smith credis Jerry for drafting him since some thought he was to small to play. Considering Smith is one of the best backs ever to play in the NFL. Size shouldn't rule ou out if you perform on the field.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
superpunk;1739556 said:
I've resigned myself to the CB/WR combo in the first next year, but I am salty that we missed out on Peterson and McFadden, two guys who ought to end up being the best RBs in the league for the next 5-7 years.

I agree with part of this. I have resigned myself to not getting McFadden either. Although, I don't see us getting a cb in the first round. I believe it will be OT and WR.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Malcolm Kelly if he's there when we pick, he has the kind of skills that transfer to the NFL. And Reggie Smith is another interesting propect from OU if he chooses to leave early

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1739324 said:
10 Phil Landholt OT OU
9 Malcolm Kelly WR OU
8 Andre Woodson QB Ken
7 Michael Oher OT Miss
6 DeSean Jackson WR Cal
5 Joathan Stewart RB Ore
4 Brian Brohm QB Lou
3 Matt Ryan QB BC
2 Jake Long OT Mich
1 Darren McFadden RB Ark

I will pass, pass, pass.

Boys will need first and foremost some help in the secondary. That is paramount, not re the offense.
If we have to trade down and then take the best blue-chip CB or safety, one who is judged to be able to contribute by midseason, that would be great.

Then turn to the offense. A WR.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Jonathan Stewart all the way for me . He's been far and away the most impressive back I've watched this year . Reminds me of Larry Johnson . While he's listed in this top 10 list , he's more of a middle to late first round pick . He's got size , speed , good hands , and he's done it against top competition . I'd be looking at him and a corner with either of those two first round picks .