SI Top 10 College offensive draft prospects

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
adamknite;1739540 said:
It's not fair comparing five positions to one.

If you were the Browns with the third pick in the draft. Do you draft Joe Thomas or Brady Quinn?

I draft Thomas and then look for my QB next year.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1739544 said:
Gosselin said on 103.3 yesterday that one NFL pro personnel director told him that McFadden was the best prospect he'd ever scouted.

Yes, ever.

As Jerry Jones said. The NFL draft is 50/50. If this guy thinks he is the best talent he has ever seen, then they should give him his walking papers, because that is just plain stupid.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;1739535 said:
I'm not just talking about a tackle, I'm talking about an offensive line.

I will give you Peyton Manning and my choice for your offensive line and you had better hurry off and get an insurance policy.
Give me 5 average linemen and Peyton Manning over 5 great linemen and Jason Campbell.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1739544 said:
Gosselin said on 103.3 yesterday that one NFL pro personnel director told him that McFadden was the best prospect he'd ever scouted.

Yes, ever.
I believe it. His physical attributes are absolutely otherworldly.

Basically, he's Bo Jackson.

I've resigned myself to the CB/WR combo in the first next year, but I am salty that we missed out on Peterson and McFadden, two guys who ought to end up being the best RBs in the league for the next 5-7 years.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1739554 said:
Give me 5 average linemen and Peyton Manning over 5 great linemen and Jason Campbell.

Ok, but all your WRs are Brandon Lloyd! :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think a great RB can make an avg line look better than they are. This is not to say that line play is not important if you have a horrible line then it does not matter who is back there but if you have a decent line a great back will make them look better than they are.

adamknite

Reaction score
nyc;1739548 said:
If you were the Browns with the third pick in the draft. Do you draft Joe Thomas or Brady Quinn?

I would have drafted Thomas if I were the Browns, but that was because I liked what I saw of Derek Anderson last year in his limited action and wasn't completely sold on Quinn. If it was Joe Thomas or Jamarcus Russell though... it'd probably be a different story.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;1739548 said:

Adrian Peterson. :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
superpunk;1739576 said:
You know this isn't relevant.

You drafted a running back with the first overall pick and only got 2,782 yards out of him, you wouldn't be upset? :p: ;)

adamknite

Reaction score
nyc;1739581 said:
You drafted a running back with the first overall pick and only got 2,782 yards out of him, you wouldn't be upset? :p: ;)

not as mad as if I'd had spent a first overall pick on a RB and he decided to play baseball instead.

poor Bucs....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dallas can look at CB/WR in round 1 and then consider RB/OL in round 2/3/4.

With Barber here it's not like adding a RB is a huge priority.

The Vikes have Peterson and have won how many games again? You could argue the Chiefs, Chargers and Vikes have the best running backs yet only SD scares anyone.

Miami added Ronnie Brown at the very top of the draft and hasn't been any good.

RBs just aren't mandatory for winning. They help but you can get good RBs in rounds 2,3,4.

Especially now where RBs basically share a position.

The Pats have been unbeatable with Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk starting at RB.

Reaction score
Offensive linemen are no guaranteed sure thing in the 1st round, I say go with the philosophy of drafting the best player left on the board.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
We should draft Phil Loadholt.

6'9 and 360 lbs and is a machine. He is like Bigg and doesn't even appear overweight (no gut) and is just flat out freaky athletic.

Talk about a replacement for Flo. Would love to have this kid playing for Dallas.

He plays LT btw.

p1_loadholt.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jterrell;1739605 said:
Dallas can look at CB/WR in round 1 and then consider RB/OL in round 2/3/4.

With Barber here it's not like adding a RB is a huge priority.

The Vikes have Peterson and have won how many games again? You could argue the Chiefs, Chargers and Vikes have the best running backs yet only SD scares anyone.

Miami added Ronnie Brown at the very top of the draft and hasn't been any good.

RBs just aren't mandatory for winning. They help but you can get good RBs in rounds 2,3,4.

Especially now where RBs basically share a position.

The Pats have been unbeatable with Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk starting at RB.

It is because SD is the only one of the bunch that has a decent QB. I think Minn would be a much better team if they had a decent QB who could take advantage of a great back like Peterson.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1739609 said:
Offensive lineman are no guarantee sure thing in the 1st round, I say go with the philosophy of drafting the best player left on the board.

That would have been Joe Thomas last year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;1739615 said:
That would have been Joe Thomas last year.
I don't think it was. Peterson and Jamaal Anderson were both higher in my opinion.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1739621 said:
I don't think it was. Peterson and Jamaal Anderson were both higher in my opinion.

Hey, I love Peterson as you probably well know. The only way I wouldn't have drafted Thomas first is if I were already set at left tackle. Then I would have drafted Peterson #1 overall.