Sick of the negativity

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I care only because it is ruining this forum.

I have been here from the get-go and it has always been a great place to talk Cowboys with other fans. Yet here we are, in the midst of a 3-game win streak, and I have to read “Dak Sucks” threads after the guy throws two touchdowns and runs for another one.

It’s a bit out of hand. I suspect that @AsthmaField is right and many are just trolls from other teams. Too many people pretending to be fans who root against their own team.

I could be wrong, and will probably be corrected if so, but this forum seems to have more active users than ever.

Different strokes for different folks though. Some see half full, some see half empty. Personally, I go both ways depending on the subject, but I always enjoy a win and have no problem publicly eating my crow.

I personally think there's far too much "if you don't root the way I do you're not a real fan" being slung around on both sides of the arguments. That's the real issue I see. Negativity can be argued for/against as long as all parties show respect for each other. Negativity isn't the issue around here, the gross lack of respect and vendetta between posters is.

JBond

Reaction score
Some of you seem to root against the team literally every week. You minimize the wins and micro criticize everything the Cowboys do.

I really wish some of you would go find another team to root for. Seriously.

Some of you clowns have been predicting losses the past three weeks and lamenting every win. You are holding out hope that the Saints can get us back to our losing ways.

I hope we beat the Saints and crush some of your hopes and dreams. Lol.
Blah blah blah. Pointing out issues does not mean we don't love the team. Classic homer posts are predictably disappointing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I could be wrong, and will probably be corrected if so, but this forum seems to have more active users than ever.

Different strokes for different folks though. Some see half full, some see half empty. Personally, I go both ways depending on the subject, but I always enjoy a win and have no problem publicly eating my crow.

I personally think there's far too much "if you don't root the way I do you're not a real fan" being slung around on both sides of the arguments. That's the real issue I see. Negativity can be argued for/against as long as all parties show respect for each other. Negativity isn't the issue around here, the gross lack of respect and vendetta between posters is.

Yup...too many agendas going around..that's for sure. If you can't see a sell job for yourself...then that's on you....sucker.:rolleyes:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Negativity can be argued for/against as long as all parties show respect for each other. Negativity isn't the issue around here, the gross lack of respect and vendetta between posters is.

I agree, @stasheroo is one of my favorites here and he is a half empty glass guy. We argue more than we agree. But the people I put on ignore are the ones making personal attacks, I have zero reasons to keep reading posts from people like that.

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
At this point how can you be negative unless Homer's are talking about the sb. A month ago it was looking like we would go 6-10 at best. We turned a corner after the trade and the oline coach fireing. Just enjoy it for h-e double hockey sticks sakes!. Swear a win cant be enjoyed here sometimes.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Can you really blame the fans after 22 years of Jerry BS????? Sorry...you can only sell the fans the same song and dance so many times before they quit buying.

3 Weeks ago...I was ready to fire Garrett, Linehan and Prescott. Done w/ them....Get them out.

Now we go on this 3 game win streak vs 3 teams...

Atlanta...completely injury riddled...have been all season

Philly....still drunk/hungover from the Super Bowl

Washington...Just lost their starting QB

And you are wanting me to buy into this circus of a franchise???? :laugh:

So...I'm not a what have you done for me lately fan....I keep score....and Jerry still has a butt load of catching up to do.:rolleyes:

So as you can see...I'm not buying in...I watch too many games..and break down film to see we are a poorly coached team.
Exhibit A

And I didn't realize thr Cowboys are the picture of health.

A lot of pro bowls were not on the field today.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Some of you seem to root against the team literally every week. You minimize the wins and micro criticize everything the Cowboys do.

Some of you clowns have been predicting losses the past three weeks and lamenting every win. You are holding out hope that the Saints can get us back to our losing ways.

Thanks for OPing this. It's become so negative it's pathological. During the game we we're mostly ahead and you would think they pounding the crap out of us. There are so many positives right now.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Negativity can be argued for/against as long as all parties show respect for each other. Negativity isn't the issue around here, the gross lack of respect and vendetta between posters is.

Nope. It’s the negativity.

Criticism is fine - I criticize the team as well. There were some dumb mistakes today even though our team won.

The negativity comes in when some “fans” are upset that we won because they think losing gets the coach fired. Or when we have to read “Dak sucks” as a response to a thread about the game without any supporting arguments.

IMHO you can root for the team anyway that you like. But don’t root for the team to lose, and don’t root against your own players.

THAT is negativity.

aria

Reaction score

Actually, I’ve been predicting wins every week and still think we only have one loss left but will get beat in the playoffs, does that mean I should find another team to cheer for?

Am I happy we won? Yes.

Am I super stoked we’ve barely beat injury decimated teams (much worse than us) with losing records and the leader of the weak NFCE who was playing with a backup QB? No.

Beat the Saints and then I’ll have something to get excited about.

Sorry if my expectations are low but they’re justified after 20 years of mediocrity. Wave your pom poms all you want and call other people not fans. Some of these same “fans”, that currently support you, are the same ones that were openly hoping we would lose out half way through the season last year and now have the audacity to question the level of my support for this team because we’re barely above .500 and have now beat one team with a winning record who was playing with their back up QB?

Spare me the negativity speech. I’d love to pull some threads from last year to call out the hypocrites but I’ve already been warned that it’s against the rules to “bump threads”. Some of us can be happy but it doesn’t mean we think this team is as good as you and the reasons are very justifiable IMO.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Can you really blame the fans after 22 years of Jerry BS????? Sorry...you can only sell the fans the same song and dance so many times before they quit buying.

3 Weeks ago...I was ready to fire Garrett, Linehan and Prescott. Done w/ them....Get them out.

Now we go on this 3 game win streak vs 3 teams...

Atlanta...completely injury riddled...have been all season

Philly....still drunk/hungover from the Super Bowl

Washington...Just lost their starting QB

And you are wanting me to buy into this circus of a franchise???? :laugh:

So...I'm not a what have you done for me lately fan....I keep score....and Jerry still has a butt load of catching up to do.:rolleyes:

So as you can see...I'm not buying in...I watch too many games..and break down film to see we are a poorly coached team.
If you want to wade through the past go ahead but we're in the now.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The negativity I hate is hijacking every thread, by the same posters, about Dak and how they hate everything about him. We get it, you hate the man and everything about him and his game. You don’t have to come in every thread, whether it’s about Dak or not, and interject how much you hate the man.

aria

Reaction score

Boy howdy! :hammer::clap:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
At this point you can be negative unless Homer's are talking about the sb. A month ago it was looking like we would go 6-10 at best. We turned a corner after the trade and the oline coach fireing. Just enjoy it for h-e double hockey sticks sakes!. Swear a win cant be enjoyed here sometimes.
Like @texbumthelife said just worry about enjoying it your way. Stop trying to police how others are fans. Everybody isn't happy with just wins esp when they feel like it won't add to the ultimate goal. It is what it is. I look at this like certain topics do your thing however you choose as long as you don't mess with me doing my thing my way.

aria

Reaction score
The negativity I hate is hijacking every thread, by the same posters, about Dak and how they hate everything about him. We get it, you hate the man and everything about him and his game. You don’t have to come in every thread, whether it’s about Dak or not, and interject how much you hate the man.
I get exactly what you mean and I’m not a Dak basher but now you know how some of us feel about Romo and the guy doesn’t even play anymore!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Dude you literally flooded the forum for months with negativity about the team, the cap and Dez. You were part of what made the forum unbearable for months in the offseason. This is rich coming from you.

Pot meet kettle. He's black.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think its more you want to hear what you want to hear. Maybe we just need a Dak homer section and Dak hater section so each group doesn't have to hear the others "negativity" and hear all the rainbows and lollipops posting they can stand.

River82

Reaction score
I for one will enjoy the saltiness from this fanbase when Dak gets signed to a long term deal. Their unhappiness and their inability to do anything about it fueling their stress ulcers makes me chuckle.

Carry on gents.

Zman5

Reaction score
LOL. Says the guy who used to rip Dez when he had a good game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Exhibit A

And I didn't realize thr Cowboys are the picture of health.

A lot of pro bowls were not on the field today.

And a lot of pro bowler were on the field. I dare say...we are the most talented team in the league...by far. We only got 3 things right now that are holding this team back....

An owner that won't stop meddling..shut his pie hole...

An Offensive coordinator.....that refuses to run the ball inside the redzone...once we get inside the 5....

And our QB...that...well... is a day late and a dollar short...to put it mildly.

I've come to the conclusion...Garrett isn't going anywhere.

And I say that...by giving you this analogy. You got this car. It's a fixer upper. It's an older model....it's got some nice parts. really nice parts. It's all about what's under the hood. Well...Garrett is the equivalant to the paint job. Seems like the Cowboys are content w/ driving this ugly orange car....It's all about fixing what's under the hood...be it the coordinator or QB. Get that fixed...we might surprise some people on the drag strip.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH_om0piq6AJv2FGMflFSZ1Y2VLun2jtrt97PDmkkFkv1O-XS2