Sick of the negativity

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I monitored the game threads yesterday. Some of the criticism was deserved, but a lot of it seemed too harsh. It was a good win against a team with a really good D and an offense that rallied around their backup QB. Enjoy the ride. It might last or it might not. If the roller coaster didn't have peaks and valleys, it'd only be a fast merry-go-round.

From the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't visit the game threads yesterday. That was about as enjoyable of a win as I've seen in quite some time. Do people forget that that same team completely shut us down just a few weeks ago? And ran over us for most of the day as well? Neither of which happened yesterday. So say whatever else you want, but that shows improvement to me.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
From the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't visit the game threads yesterday. That was about as enjoyable of a win as I've seen in quite some time. Do people forget that that same team completely shut us down just a few weeks ago? And ran over us for most of the day as well? Neither of which happened yesterday. So say whatever else you want, but that shows improvement to me.

Not to mention it was 2 games in 4 days. Not only did our D get tired, theirs did too. The difference in this game was Dak trusting the protection in the second half and the run blocking.

kento40

Reaction score
So I see, the users who spew sunshine and rainbows and call Dak elite every time one of our receivers miraculously catches one of his jump/ground balls are accepted, but the ones who post their valid criticisms of the subpar coaching and lackluster QB play are ruining the forum with negativity? Yeah, Colt throws a better ball than Dak, so what? I'm not going to knock his grit or how he finds a way to get the W, but I'm not going to proclaim him to be the second coming of Aaron Rodgers until he stops making the same bonehead mistakes and showing the same horrible mechanics that he does game in and game out. I will call Zeke elite until the sun stops coming up, because he proves it game in and game out, he gets his yards despite other teams stacking the box due to not respecting the game of our QB. So when we start winning because of Dak instead of in spite of Dak, I'm sure 90 percent of that negativity that you and the others feel is ruining the forum will become positive. Now lets all enjoy this win and move on to the Saints.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to mention it was 2 games in 4 days. Not only did our D get tired, theirs did too. The difference in this game was Dak trusting the protection in the second half and the run blocking.

Dak certainly looked more decisive in the second half. Hopefully, that trend continues for the rest of the season. It was both surprising and encouraging to see, especially considering the fact that he didn't have his left tackle out there. But overall, I thought Fleming did a great job. It's nice to not be a train wreck if a backup lineman has to play.

CWR

Reaction score
Criticizing a play is not negativity. Example; seeing Dak's poor footwork during a play and calling it out isnt negativity it's pointing out a flaw. But calling him trash ect.,ect. is negativity. There's a group think that adds nothing to the forum and it's getting worse.

Yeah it was ridiculous on the game thread. Mccoy threw a td at one point and Dak somehow got blamed lol. Dak hate every other post just dilutes the board. Its no type of conversation.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So I see, the users who spew sunshine and rainbows and call Dak elite every time one of our receivers miraculously catches one of his jump/ground balls are accepted, but the ones who post their valid criticisms of the subpar coaching and lackluster QB play are ruining the forum with negativity? Yeah, Colt throws a better ball than Dak, so what? I'm not going to knock his grit or how he finds a way to get the W, but I'm not going to proclaim him to be the second coming of Aaron Rodgers until he stops making the same bonehead mistakes and showing the same horrible mechanics that he does game in and game out. I will call Zeke elite until the sun stops coming up, because he proves it game in and game out, he gets his yards despite other teams stacking the box due to not respecting the game of our QB. So when we start winning because of Dak instead of in spite of Dak, I'm sure 90 percent of that negativity that you and the others feel is ruining the forum will become positive. Now lets all enjoy this win and move on to the Saints.
A few thoughts.

1. I don’t see anyone calling Dak elite. If there is, they are in the extreme monitory. Hell, there are only a few Dak supporters on the forum and they acknowledge he needs improvement.

2. All players need improvement and can be criticized, including Zeke, who you call elite. I spent all last year and this past offseason saying Zeke wasn’t Zeke in 2017 only to be told his performance in 2017 was elite but Dka sucked so averaging a Randle-esque 4.1 ypc was the best that coukd be expected. Still have Dak, offensive line regressed, a didn’t have a #1 receiver for much of the year but Zeke has been tearing it up.

3. Sounds like you prefer a QB dominant team instead of a RB dominant team. I am OK with that. Let’s trade Zeke, obtain a better QB and #2 receiver and become a pass first offense again, throwing 70% of the time and see if the new QB can carry the team. It may be more entertaining than watching a ball control offense, like we have since 2014.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Dak certainly looked more decisive in the second half. Hopefully, that trend continues for the rest of the season. It was both surprising and encouraging to see, especially considering the fact that he didn't have his left tackle out there. But overall, I thought Fleming did a great job. It's nice to not be a train wreck if a backup lineman has to play.

Fleming did a good job, outstanding realizing him starting was a game time decision. Compared to the debacle in Atl last year, it was an all-pro performance.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Cooper had eight catches for 180 yards and the two touchdowns. Prescott, under siege in the first half when he was sacked four times and hit 10 times, was rarely pressured in the second half. He finished 22 of 31 and rushed six times for 18 yards.

Elliott added 143 total yards, including his 18th career 100-yard rushing game and NFL-best sixth this season.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cooper-cowboys-run-away-Commanders-011613854--nfl.html

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fleming did a good job, outstanding realizing him starting was a game time decision. Compared to the debacle in Atl last year, it was an all-pro performance.

He deserves to be mentioned in that "unsung hero" thread. Technically, the entire left side of that offensive line was manned by backups. Backups who did a phenomenal job in that second half to take control of what was a back-and-forth game beforehand.

The changes with the offensive line have been very effective thus far.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
And this is why I actually give a little credence to the things that you post. You've never been a rose colored glasses guy but at least you have enough objectivity to lend credit when it's due. I've been around here for a long time. You and I have gone rounds before on several subjects but I always respect the fact that your coming from a position that's genuine and typically well thought out. I may not agree with your stance 100% of the time but one thing that I'm certain of is that your not trotting out some mouth breather trope over, and over, and over again. That's not the case with a lot of the posters around here, lately.

I always sign off when I talk to you with "Nice talkin' to ya, brother" (or something of the like) even when we disagree. I type it because I mean it. Half of these whiny *****es with one single argument for EVERY SINGLE THREAD that they enter, I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. I feel sorry for anyone who has to associate with those whiners in real life let alone actually have to depend on them.

Good to see you again, brother.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I pumped sunshine and hope for years, where did it get me? Disappointed. I'm tired of losing, tired of not getting to the show, it's been almost 25 years. Dak and Jason Garrett have had big problems and the discussion is not just on this forum. It's on every sports program in the country that talks NFL.

I love a Cowboys win like anyone