Sign Zeke and break the bank

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ask Le'Veon Bell how things worked out for him in Pittsburgh holding out....
fresh legs and a big contract..wasn't what he thought, still what 2nd amongst Rbs? it was a wash team vs bell but Bell was ok and his team missed the playoffs , not sure hes feeling like he lost anything..Zeke not sweating it...he does deserve 14 per and should just do it now..makes sense for both sides

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
fresh legs and a big contract..wasn't what he thought, still what 2nd amongst Rbs? it was a wash team vs bell but Bell was ok and his team missed the playoffs , not sure hes feeling like he lost anything..Zeke not sweating it...he does deserve 14 per and should just do it now..makes sense for both sides
Zeke has proven because of his off field issues that he doesn't warrant a long term deal, the cowboys should franchice him after his rookie deal for two years and then let him walk....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke has proven because of his off field issues that he doesn't warrant a long term deal, the cowboys should franchice him after his rookie deal for two years and then let him walk....
agree to disagree the BS first suspension was all crap you know it..Hill gets away with a much worse deal and that non deal with the nudge is an excuse and not good one to not sign him.. hes human hasn't done anything that bad that can say hes not worth keeping..

Some of you fans sure are Missing the point, Zeke wont allow himself to be used up and dropped like rock and im behind him..he knows they can and may do that and will hold out and force trade ala Bell..i wont blame him a bit because he earned new deal..you keep thinking somehow we have him for 2 more years, hes not having any of that and I would have to agree to why hes holding out or wants new deal now..SMH @youfans

Esmith held out twice once for his rookie deal and after 3 years, Zeke deserves one..

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
agree to disagree the BS first suspension was all crap you know it..Hill gets away with a much worse deal and that non deal with the nudge is an excuse and not good one to not sign him.. hes human hasn't done anything that bad that can say hes not worth keeping..

Some of you fans sure are Missing the point, Zeke wont allow himself to be used up and dropped like rock and im behind him..he knows they can and may do that and will hold out and force trade ala Bell..i wont blame him a bit because he earned new deal..you keep thinking somehow we have him for 2 more years, hes not having any of that and I would have to agree to why hes holding out or wants new deal now..SMH @youfans

Esmith held out twice once for his rookie deal and after 3 years, Zeke deserves one..

And some fans ignore or excuse bad behavior.....Emmitt Smith never held out, he didn't have a contract, Zeke is under contract on a deal he signed, he has no leverage, he either plays under the final year of the deal or he can hold out and not get paid but the Cowboys would have his rights.....

Wood

Reaction score
yes, sign him, he deserves it.

This is in lieu of all the anti Zeke threads.
And I though Dallas fans were smart, but apparently not. Because many just hate the RB position. Or they really just do not understand football.

:D

They will not break the bank on player the league is dying to ban for good. Has to be intelligent contract that is heavily based on being on field.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've got a much better idea than to sign Zeke and be breaking the bank.
Get him a brain transfusion from someone who actually has one!:thumbup:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll say it again, how can you not appreciate Zeke's impact on this team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My order in terms of team willingness to play games without each player:<br><br>1. Gordon (most willing)<br>2. Williams<br>3. Ngakoue<br>4. Thomas<br>5. Zeke (least willing)<br><br>What&#39;s yours?</p>&mdash; Ross Tucker (@RossTuckerNFL) <a href="">July 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Flamma

Reaction score
What generational or elite backs have made the SB in the last 10-12 years?

The best TBs to make the SB over that period are Gurley (who was essentially a backup to Anderson down the stretch for some bizarre reason), Marshawn Lynch and Ray Rice. Those are the three best TBs to make the SB over that period. And honestly, I am not sure any of the three are what you might call a generational talent (well maybe Gurley has that skill set).

I said it wasn't necessary. In fact, forget the last 10 years, go back as far as the 70s and you'd be hard pressed to find any super bowl winners that got there because of their back. Most teams in the past won on defense. Now the passing game plays a bigger role along with defense. But on occasion like the 90s Cowboys and the 96' and '97 Broncos, that one could argue the RB was the deciding factor. Or a huge part of their wins. This current Cowboys team is not set up like the Saints. Our best chance of winning is through that back and a good defense.

The only issue I see is they don't run enough play action. The better the back, the better it works. If they hardly use it at all...….

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Never side with management in matters of compensation

Pay the man

I’m all for every player in the league making as much as possible. It’s not about that. It’s about the salary cap and not being dumb about it.

He has two, not one, years left on his contract. They’d be foolish to sign him before next off season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ask Le'Veon Bell how things worked out for him in Pittsburgh holding out....

Bell got more guaranteed money, but he lost a year of his career and he's now playing for the Jets.

But as for "holding out" he wasn't under contract. He never signed his franchise tender. As others have pointed out, Zeke is under contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll say it again, how can you not appreciate Zeke's impact on this team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My order in terms of team willingness to play games without each player:<br><br>1. Gordon (most willing)<br>2. Williams<br>3. Ngakoue<br>4. Thomas<br>5. Zeke (least willing)<br><br>What&#39;s yours?</p>&mdash; Ross Tucker (@RossTuckerNFL) <a href="">July 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At some point it’s bad business to get held hostage by a player. If the Cowboys cave in Zeke, he won’t be the last player to pull this stunt.

Sydla

Reaction score
Mostly agree. I would not pay Cooper either. We drafted two or three speedy receivers this year and if one of them hits, why sign another guy to a bloated contract we pay for for years.

You just traded a number 1 pick for him. It would be absurd to only get a year and a half from him.

They have little to no choice but to bring him back. Plus as much as I like Gallup, he’s not Cooper. And none of the UDFAs even sniff his talent level.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And I though Dallas fans were smart, but apparently not. Because many just hate the RB position. Or they really just do not understand football.

What!!!!! Give this guy more money are you crazy!!!! LOL....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

I don't think his 1st suspension was crap i think he deserved it but putting that aside lets look at all of his other dumb *** moves

1. Walking into a pot shop
2. Pulling up the top of a woman in public to expose her breasts
3. Punching a guy in a bar
4. Knocking or pushing a guy down while intoxicated in vegas

nothing there warrents jail time but it does go to his thought process and immaturity. Cowboys should let him at least play out the 4th year of his deal before offering him a new one. besides he was the 4th overall pick and was signed to a 4 year 24.5m deal as a rookie (just over 6m per season, if you include the 5th year option that average moves to almost 7m per season) It's not like he was the 28th overall pick and got signed to a deal at a quarter of what he got, he is not underpaid at the moment

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I have no interest in breaking the bank to sign one player. So I guess Zeke can wait his turn and then take a reasonable amount or he can not be a Cowboy. We need to get Dak and Amari paid first. Zeke needs to wait at least another year. $40K fine each day he misses training camp and if he fails to report by 6 Aug, loses a year toward free agency.

LittleD

Reaction score
You just traded a number 1 pick for him. It would be absurd to only get a year and a half from him.

They have little to no choice but to bring him back. Plus as much as I like Gallup, he’s not Cooper. And none of the UDFAs even sniff his talent level.

He's here for this year and we have the whole year to see if one of these kids take the bit. If Cooper wants to be a Cowboy for reasonable money, so be it...If not, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one player is worth hurting the team for. But if you're going to design your team around that one player then you just get it done and put it to bed