Sign Zeke and break the bank

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
he was not its storys burned into the internet it was a holdout, he only played 3 seasons, how did he become a RFA? He was not a distraction? not making demands he made history twice with his holdouts,

you my friend have short memory, he had 1yr left on his deal in 1992 and HELD OUT period end of story..you cant miss two games if not under contract lol "But he was set to make just $465,000 in 1993"

Emmitt Smith ended the longest rookie holdout in Dallas Cowboys history today by signing with the NFL club.

"Owner Jerry Jones announced the signing, but terms were not disclosed.

Smith, the 17th player selected in the draft, set 58 Florida records as a running back before leaving school with a year of eligibility remaining.

He signed up for 12 hours of classes and returned to school late last month after failing to reach agreement with Dallas."

"Emmitt Smith led the league in rushing in 1992, and helped the Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory that season. But he was set to make just $465,000 in 1993, so he held out for a deal that would more closely reflect his level of production. Smith missed the first two games of the regular season, both of which the Cowboys lost. The team finally came through with a deal worth $13.6 million over four years that made Smith (at the time) the highest-paid running back in league history, and Dallas became the first team to lose its first two games and then go on to win a Super Bowl in the same season. "

Zeke is in asimilar psotion ut worse when it comes to RBs these days being used up worse with FTs and TT and the cap.. He has right to demand money now knowing his fate..sorry its true..

Here you go, from Mickey Spagnola new article yesterday ...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-keep-your-finger-off-the-panic-button
Now you might say, well, Emmitt held out. Missed two games. That was different. Emmitt was a restricted free agent. He wasn’t under contract as Zeke is for two more seasons.

Emmitt's own words starts around the 5 minute mark

The lie is that it was a holdout that you evidently bought into...it was not!

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Here you go, from Mickey Spagnola new article yesterday ...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-keep-your-finger-off-the-panic-button

Emmitt's own words starts around the 5 minute mark

The lie is that it was a holdout that you evidently bought into...it was not!

It wa should out I was 22 lived those SB years like ti was yesterday, it was ahold out then and still now.. no player has 3years on a rookie contract, its all you need to know..think hard who gets 3 year deal? he only played 3 years and held ourt 2 games..its truth regardless of what you hear 25years later..noone need to BUY IN homie, I was there he was suppose dto report and did not. he had a yr left on his rookie dela and HElD OUT..Not opening your little vid I was there and remember..he was for SURE under contract and NOT a FA..not a RFA, just guy who earned deal and got it just like zeke..

Moving on/..

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
It wa should out I was 22 lived those SB years like ti was yesterday, it was ahold out then and still now.. no player has 3years on a rookie contract, its all you need to know..think hard who gets 3 year deal? he only played 3 years and held ourt 2 games..its truth regardless of what you hear 25years later..noone need to BUY IN homie, I was there he was suppose dto report and did not. he had a yr left on his rookie dela and HElD OUT..Not opening your little vid I was there and remember..he was for SURE under contract and NOT a FA..not a RFA, just guy who earned deal and got it just like zeke..

Moving on/..

He didn't have a contract, from Emmitt Smith's own words yet you choose to ignore it....Facts are Facts for which you have none, remain ignorant if you like!!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
yes, sign him, he deserves it.

This is in lieu of all the anti Zeke threads.
And I though Dallas fans were smart, but apparently not. Because many just hate the RB position. Or they really just do not understand football.

:D

giphy4.gif

Scotman

Reaction score
Dak plays this year under his existing deal. If he plays well, he gets an extension. If he's just OK? He gets tagged and you start looking for a longer term option.

I don't extend the TB under any circumstances. He plays under the last two years of his deal and I look to draft a TB in 2020 and maybe bring in a vet. It's just my personal opinion on TBs. I think they are somewhat fungible and that you likely will never get the full return on investment in a TB when you pay him elite money.

I also find it bizarre that people will argue we have to pay Dak an elite contract because he's earned it but then turn around and claim we have to pay Elliott an elite contract because he's the most important cog on offense. What sense does that make? Pay your QB an elite contract like he's the most important part of the offense but then turn around and pay your TB an elite contract because he's the most important part of the offense?
I'm probably higher on Dak than you are, but I completely...100%...agree with how we should handle Dak. I like him, but I either sign him with a monster discount for doing it early, or wait and see how he does this year. I'm not even sure Zeke will be in the league in 4 years. He'll either get worn down, do something stupid or beat the long-term odds and still be amazing. I'm just not betting 10's of millions of dollars on the latter.

Techsass

Reaction score
yes, sign him, he deserves it.

This is in lieu of all the anti Zeke threads.
And I though Dallas fans were smart, but apparently not. Because many just hate the RB position. Or they really just do not understand football.

:D
Dallas fans are pretty smart, but most don't know about us...yet.