Significance of your username?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Some are, of course, pretty self-evident, but some are more mystifying... so, just posing the question, how/why did you choose the username you use here?

Mine isn't all that interesting, but fwiw, "sturt" is short for "Stewart," my real first name that I don't use, and don't particularly like... so, when I directed my first summer camp, my camp staff somehow figured all of that out, and as a not-that-inside-of-a-joke thing, began referring to me as that.

Then, the underscores came-to-be because back-when our best form of internet discussions came through the old "usenet" venue, I discovered that the underscores put my posts at the top of the list, and just made it more likely to engage discussion that way.

Next?

Reaction score
I lived in a town called Long Beach, which is a beach community in Long Island NY at the time I first became a CZ member, figured it was a fitting user name at the time. Funny because at this point in my life, I no longer like going to the beach (unless on vacation) and don't particularly like spending too much time in the sun but I believe once to set your user name you're stuck with it! lol

timb2

Reaction score
I originally was timb1 at some other website(I believe it was philly.com) and got kicked off for they were lightweights with thin skins(Stupid Eagles fans). They love to dish it out,but couldn't take it when I hit back. So I became timb2 and it stuck even though I got kicked off several division rival websites. Giants,extremskins,etc.

Best comeback to Eagles fans is "How many Superbowls has your team won"? they will reply we won a National Title back in 1961. You reply ":I mean something after black n white movies or the moon landing,etc.))). Eagles fans hate they haven't won a Super Bowl... I use to say "Cowboys 5 Rings,Eagles one big dry heave of Chunky Soup"...McNabb was too busy throwing up to lead them to a victory vs the Pats

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I've used it in the past ,but I couldn't split melon from feud guess the feud part comes from enjoying the lively and intellectually enlightened barbs/ quips and various put downs that are involved when heated debate's/ feuds between posters in disagreement take place, and Melon? Who don't like a big set of Melons?(I know I do.)

Now, I'd love to hear from
@alicetooljam. (best name on the board IMO)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Mike Trout :)

My first username here was papi y nene (which is slang for 'daddy and baby' in Spanish) but the mods graciously allowed me to change it when I realized most here would have no idea what it meant or want to spell it out. :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a lurker way back in the day. I created an account to respond to something so idiotic I couldn't stand it anymore and didn't think about what username to use. Typed 'cowboy avatar' or something like that into a google image search, saw Yosemite Sam and went with it. Because I have a keen sense of irony.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
mine is my PSN, made it in the Summer of 2010 for our upcoming 50th year....if only Id of known how miserable that year was gonna be ugh.......probably woulda gone with 84 the year I was born, or somethin else......It's all good now though I use it for alot of sites

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
When the site was .net my first nickname was freeze frame (J Geils' song) after the site moved to the .com I had the nickname DB. Cooper, after that Hostile has change your name special and he kindly changed it to the fonz (I was watching lots of happy days at that time).
so you can tell I suffer from dissociative identity disorder or MPD ( multiple personality disorder).
waiting for another special to change:)

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was in the electronic countermeasures/electronic warfare field when I was in the Air Force. Jamming radar was one of the things we did, so I was a "Jammer"

Our stuff allowed planes to "Jam Harder, Dispense Longer, Penetrate Deeper" into enemy territory. :)

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I've used it in the past ,but I couldn't split melon from feud( mo-fo's wouldn't allow it) guess the feud part comes from enjoying the lively and intellectually enlightened barbs/ quips and various put downs that are involved when heated debate's/ feuds between posters in disagreement take place, and Melon? Who don't like a big set of Melons?(I know I do.)

Now, I'd love to hear from
@alicetooljam. (best name on the board IMO)

You made me smile this morning, thanks for the nod.....I dont post a lot, but Ive been around a long time. A combination of my 3 favorite bands- alice in chains, tool, and pearl jam, but Im sure you know that by now. It was my first aol email address I created and has always stuck whether it be message boards or my current personal email address. If you see it anywhere online its probably me, be it message boards, fantasy leagues, myspace, facebook, etc. its always been linked. Alice was always my favorite, but since we lost Layne its been Tool who Ive have had the pleasure of seeing 19 times. Im a HUGE fan....of live music in general. Have a great morning!

Still mourning my biggest musical loss since Layne....

Last edited: