Significance of your username?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, back in the day, I traveled a lot. I still do but not like I did then. I lived in Albuquerque NM back then and the call sign for Albuquerque International AP was ABQ.

The funny part of this is that a few years later, when the site changed over from a very small site to a somewhat larger site, the whole Quincy Carter ordeal was going on. I don't know how it became a thing but for whatever reason, posters were trying to figure out what ABQ was. They came up with Anybody But Quincy, which was never the case, but caused a lot of problems, none the less. You know how Quincy's Army was back in the day. Those guys were out for blood... LOL!!!!!!!!!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I was a huge minitruck fan back in the late 90's, so I've had Slammed. A lot of times that name was taken so I threw a zero on the end for zero inches off the ground, so, Slammed0. It was common for us minitruckers to airbag our trucks so the frame would lay on the ground. I'm not into that anymore (and really that phase is mostly dead and gone anyway) but since I have had that name since the beginning of the internet I've just always stuck with it. I've recently changed it to SlammedZero on some of my accounts as for some reason I like it better.

Or, I've had some people associate it with being drunk, which, could've also worked for me back in my 20s. haha

I've thought about going with something different, but like I said, I've had it forever so it just doesn't feel right. Some things just stick with you through life. :)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I didn't know it would be a "forever" thing...... it is just my hotmail handle

bob kight 1-12 were taken

I would have chosen something epic like "I am Jerry's Spotted Liver" or something if I only knew

Normally I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My "Reality" username started before I ever launched a Cowboys forum. I was posting on Cowboys forums on a couple of news sites, such as TSN (SportingNews.com now), and there were fans from other NFC East teams that would troll the Cowboys forum from time to time. What little moderation there was happened once per day in the form of deleted threads rather than banned users. The few of us Cowboys fans who actually posted there tried to discuss the Cowboys, but the trolls continued to harass everyone.

As a response, I started using "Reality" because back then I loved to harass the trolls with facts and stats and while signing my posts with tag lines like:
"Reality sucks .. I know ..."
"Don't you hate Reality?"
"Reality can't be denied!"

Needless to say it was quite fun back then. I met @Dale and Chief, who I brought in as the first moderators of "TheCowboys" forum site I launched. There were several other widely known CZ members from back then on that site such as @TwoDeep3, @Wulfman, etc. TC was a private invitation only site back then with two basic rules .. don't tell anyone about the site and don't harass anyone on the site. The three of us told other Cowboys fans we knew about the site and TC became a nice little Cowboys community free from harassment. Of course that was back when Cowboys fans were a lot more friendly toward each other in general even when they disagreed.

TC had been online for a year or so and had around 50 active members each day when (if I remember correctly) DMN shut down their forums. Apparently, someone told the users there about TC and I woke up to 100+ new registrations the next morning. After discussing it with the staff and then the TC members, we decided to open TC to the public. We added hundreds of users during the first month as word spread. TC later moved from the .ORG domain to the .NET domain. I tried, but was unable to acquire the .COM version of the domain. Back then, TC ran on a forum service I had created a couple of years earlier that was solid, but dated. I eventually purchased vBulletin (which was the best forum software back then) and moved the site to the COWBOYSZONE.COM domain.

The rest is history ..

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My "Reality" username started before I ever launched a Cowboys forum. I was posting on a couple of news site forums, such as TSN (SportingNews.com now), and there were fans from other NFC East teams that would troll the Cowboys forum from time to time. What little moderation there was happened once per day in the form of deleted threads rather than banned users. The few of us Cowboys fans who actually posted there tried to discuss the Cowboys, but the trolls continued to harass everyone.

As a response, I started using "Reality" because back then I loved to harass the trolls with facts and stats and while signing my posts with tag lines like:
"You really hate Reality now, don't you?"

Needless to say it was quite fun back then. I met @Dale and Chief, who I brought in as the first moderators of "TheCowboys" forum site I launched. There were several other widely known CZ members from back then on that site such as @TwoDeep3, @Wulfman, etc. TC was a private invitation only site back then with two basic rules .. don't tell anyone about the site and don't harass anyone on the site. The three of us told other Cowboys fans we knew about the site and TC became a nice little Cowboys community free from harassment. Of course that was back when Cowboys fans were a lot more friendly toward each other in general even when they disagreed.

TC had been online for a year or so and had around 50 active members each day when (if I remember correctly) DMN shut down their forums. Apparently, someone told the users there about TC and I woke up to 100+ new registrations the next morning. After discussing it with the staff and then the TC members, we decided to open TC to the public. We added hundreds of users during the first month as word spread. TC later moved from the .ORG domain to the .NET domain. I tried, but was unable to acquire the .COM version of the domain. Back then, TC ran on a forum service I had created a couple of years earlier that was solid, but dated. I eventually purchased vBulletin (which was the best forum software back then) and moved the site to the COWBOYSZONE.COM domain.

The rest is history ..
That was an interesting read; gives a history of this place. Respect for all your hard work and appreciate the outlet.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My "Reality" username started before I ever launched a Cowboys forum. I was posting on a couple of news site forums, such as TSN (SportingNews.com now), and there were fans from other NFC East teams that would troll the Cowboys forum from time to time. What little moderation there was happened once per day in the form of deleted threads rather than banned users. The few of us Cowboys fans who actually posted there tried to discuss the Cowboys, but the trolls continued to harass everyone.

"You really hate Reality now, don't you?"

The rest is history ..
The Reality of it is, you guys do a great job! Salud.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My "Reality" username started before I ever launched a Cowboys forum. I was posting on Cowboys forums on a couple of news sites, such as TSN (SportingNews.com now), and there were fans from other NFC East teams that would troll the Cowboys forum from time to time. What little moderation there was happened once per day in the form of deleted threads rather than banned users. The few of us Cowboys fans who actually posted there tried to discuss the Cowboys, but the trolls continued to harass everyone.

The rest is history ..
Thanks for the history of the site, Reality! Always wondered. @Dale is a gem, too.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Back in March 2006 I was sitting in Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in New Orleans when I saw a ticker on ESPN saying Dallas had signed Terrell Owens. In desperation to find out TO news I signed up for that crappy rag of a paper the DMN forum. I had been doing oyster shooters and drinking absinthe and hurricanes all day at this point and I missed the space between the first and last name plus signed my user name in all caps. It just kind of stuck from there, I'm not even a parrot head.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score

The rest is history ..
The early days was fun indeed.I remember trickblue used to share games using yahoo messenger lol
speaking of Chief whatever happened to him?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My screen name has been ///Mcompact, but some reason, this forum didn't allow the special characters.
I was a big car guy (still am to some extent). I owned a bunch of different BMWs over the years and had 1995 BMW 318ti (hatchback) that had an M3 engine swap (S50B30). Hence: ///M Compact

skinsscalper

Reaction score
love that show specially Crystal Bernard
I was on the road with my band for a good stretch that started in 1997 and we had a two week stint in Valdosta, Ga. I had the pleasure of spending some "quality time" with a girl who was a dead ringer for Crystal Bernard. It took her two days to finally convince me (and the rest of my bandmates) that she WASN'T Crystal Bernard.

I miss my band days.

:(

As for my username, I used to post on the rival boards for both the Cowboys (Silver Star) and golf (Ham and Egg). This was back in 2000 when the Foreskin fans were certain that they were going to the Super Bowl and they trolled every Cowboys fan sit on the planet. On the Rivals boards you had one username that traveled with you for every forum so I needed a name that would fit both the golf and football theme. skinsscalper was perfect for both. I had a weekly skins game with co-workers in which I cleaned up quite often and skinsscalper seemed offensive to a Foreskins fan right from the word go. It was a match made in heaven.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know many think mines coz Iowa Hawkeyes ..........not even close. Never even to the state. Mine is a combination of my mother maiden name and year of death of my favorite uncle.