Twitter: Signs seen in Commanders lockerroom for motivation

TonyS

Reaction score
Don't worry about the Skins' running game. I am purposefully starting Alfred Morris on my fantasy team this week just to jinx them. Made the mistake of not starting the Panthers' D on Thanksgiving and keeping Romo on my team, which completely blew our chances at a W and Romo's chances of finishing the game. Pls don't send hate mail!

Cas2800

Reaction score
I'm sure these types of quotes are used each week. Teams get tired or are jealous the attention the Cowboys get. Lets face it our team WAS supposed to be a contender this year. We WERE supposed to have an elite offensive line, Dez WAS hyped as a top 3 receiver who was awarded a big payday. So far we haven’t lived up to any of the hype. Our oline is average, Dez has been average, coaching has been below average and we are 3-7. Until our players start winning individual battles we will only be average but that wont stop the hype of wanting to beat the crap out of "Americas Team."

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Don't worry about the Skins' running game. I am purposefully starting Alfred Morris on my fantasy team this week just to jinx them. Made the mistake of not starting the Panthers' D on Thanksgiving and keeping Romo on my team, which completely blew our chances at a W and Romo's chances of finishing the game. Pls don't send hate mail!

Ive done a "Cowboys" lineup submission this week. Dez, Bease, Turbin.....and I might put mcfadden in there at flex....

Cant bring myself to put cassel in.

Now that I think about this, ..well, were going to lose for sure now...

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if they beat the breaks out of us.

dfense

Reaction score
Has anybody ever considered the Cowboys Oline getting motivated by this kind of crap?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Has anybody ever considered the Cowboys Oline getting motivated by this kind of crap?

I would hope so, but Im really hoping our DL embarrasses the Skins OL so we can get a week break from all the "we miss Callahan" posts.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Boy it's been a long time since Harvey Martin threw a funeral wreath into the Commanders locker room after we be a them.

I miss those days. Today's football players would never have that kind of hate. If he played today, a similar player would exchange jerseys, get the wreath autographed and take a selfie.

Interesting story on the origins of the wreath:
http://www.5pointsblue.com/special-delivery-funeral-wreath-stories-cowboys-Commanders-rivalry/

“And this guy Wade Manning (rookie cornerback) came to me and says, ‘Harvey, Harvey, what are you going to do with the wreath?’ I just snapped. I grabbed the wreath, walked out the door, and asked directions to the visiting team’s locker room. I had never been there. I walked up, opened the door, threw the wreath into the middle of their prayer, and told them ‘Take this da&# thing back to Washington with you.’”

A photographer from the Associated Press snapped a photo of Harvey carrying the wreath down the hallway. Coach Landry was not happy with Harvey the next day when the photo appeared on the front page of the papers. Harvey sent telegrams to the Commanders and the Washington D.C. newspapers apologizing for his action.
But here’s the really funny and ironic part of the whole thing. A reporter for the newspaper Washington Star, Betty Cuniberti, reported that the person who sent the wreath from the florist in Maryland was actually a Cowboys fan who was just trying to fire-up the Cowboys.
Harvey never believed that version of the story.
“Yeah, I still believe (the Commanders) sent it to me,” Harvey told Spagnola. “A Cowboys fan? No sir, I don’t believe that. Hey, they didn’t’ like me, I didn’t like them.”

CCBoy

Reaction score
:lmao:

• 139000_600.jpg
  • http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/kkk-cartoon-about-the-Commanders-name.jpg

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if any body has watched the cowboys this year they know that is not true not even closethey are average at best.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Just remember when you correct someones grammar nobody likes you.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys win this meaningless game which will hurt them down the road.