Video: Signs that Trysten Hill will make our DL better

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-kavontae-turpin-stock-down-for-jalen-tolbert

Stock Up: Trysten Hill
There have certainly been questions about Trysten Hill and whether or not he would make it to his fourth season with the Cowboys. The interior of the defensive line is a crowded room but Trysten has managed to stick around this long which is notable.

Turnovers and splash plays matter in the preseason and Hill not only had one but he hit the trifecta!
______________________________________________________________________________________

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-2oM23gxyNWLvzYHRCr0UcUkDUu5XVQTNNRc0&irgwc=1

On bubble, Cowboys DT Trysten Hill pulls of strip sack, fumble recovery with pure effort

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I've been banging that drum and have been getting laughed at.
All good. No worries.
Trysten Hill is going to be a starter.

Right there with you. Since his second year Hill has always flashed when given time and not injured. But people get into those preconceived notions when they hear something they don't like (or just like to whine and rage about) and then become unmovable objects even with evidence to the contrary. Happens around here a time or two.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I've been banging that drum and have been getting laughed at.
All good. No worries.
Trysten Hill is going to be a starter.

Some of the people here are why I was able to take a different approach to viewing Hill.

It wasn't all for naught.

Right there with you. Since his second year Hill has always flashed when given time and not injured. But people get into those preconceived notions when they hear something they don't like (or just like to whine and rage about) and then become unmovable objects even with evidence to the contrary. Happens around here a time or two.

Indeed.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Some times a teams patience with a player pays off.
Hope this is one of those times.

Same here.

It's like the OP said.

Signs.

I hate to be the guy to point out master of the obvious type stuff, but that's what we need in the preseason: signs that a player can actually contribute to the team for the reasons you drafted him if coaching, conditioning can address X,Y,Z.

Sometimes, you get a Micah Parsons, and they're ready to rock and roll day 1. Sometimes, players have to go through development and injuries before they hit the ground running.

So far, I'd say the jury is still out on Trysten Hill. But I think he makes the team based on the signs he's shown.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Same here.

It's like the OP said.

Signs.

I hate to be the guy to point out master of the obvious type stuff, but that's what we need in the preseason: signs that a player can actually contribute to the team for the reasons you drafted him if coaching, conditioning can address X,Y,Z.

Sometimes, you get a Micah Parsons, and they're ready to rock and roll day 1. Sometimes, players have to go through development and injuries before they hit the ground running.

So far, I'd say the jury is still out on Trysten Hill. But I think he makes the team based on the signs he's shown.
Fans forget he was a late second rounder
Who had a serious injury earlier in his career.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
At this point, I'm pretty sure Trysten Hill is safe bet to make the roster.

He looks to have developed nicely.

I certainly wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s developed nicely. Entering his fourth season he’s been pretty much a bust. However, he has had a good camp and played well last night. It does appear he’ll make the team but he’s going to have to step it up this season or he won’t see another contract.

Creeper

Reaction score
Let's not get carried away. He is an okay player who will make a play occasionally, but I don't think he starts. I am pretty sure he will be a backup to someone and get limited snaps this season. But if the choice is between Hill and Watkins, I would take Hill.

However, barring injury I think the Cowboys are going to have to cut a decent DT or 2 before the season starts.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s developed nicely. Entering his fourth season he’s been pretty much a bust. However, he has had a good camp and played well last night. It does appear he’ll make the team but he’s going to have to step it up this season or he won’t see another contract.

He can only play well if he can play and has the opportunity to play.

With Hill, he's done fairly well with the reps he's gotten. He just hasn't been healthy a lot of the time.