Video: Signs that Trysten Hill will make our DL better

quickccc

Reaction score
Osa plays a different position than Bohana.

Regardless of different positions, we play nickel defense almost 70% of the time,
That means Osa who is a much better pass rusher is gonna be on field more than the run stuffer 1 tech.

kskboys

Reaction score
Regardless of different positions, we play nickel defense almost 70% of the time,
That means Osa who is a much better pass rusher is gonna be on field more than the run stuffer 1 tech.
We don't play two downs w/ a NT? That's generally the standard way. I saw both Bo and Ridge on the field a lot, way more than 1 down per drive.

quickccc

Reaction score
We don't play two downs w/ a NT? That's generally the standard way. I saw both Bo and Ridge on the field a lot, way more than 1 down per drive.

lol ... it's the preseason .. of course you're gonna see them on the field A LOT. that's the advantage of developing types getting significant playing time.
Preseason is the perfect time for that . :p

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm seeing Dan Quinn developing a monster of a defensive front 7. If the light comes on for Hill and he lives up to his potential, this pass rush is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I'm excited to see what these guys can do this season!

You are on the money.

Our pass rush will be 2X from last year.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Agreed. 3 years and we hear the same thing every camp ("uhh relentness motor, showing great flashes") but nothing on the actual field when it counts. All we've heard is falling asleep during a meeting, being a healthy scratch, and punching someone after a game.

I've also found it strange that the defensive side of the ball usually comes off as a brotherhood and tight knit yet i've never heard a single defensive player mention Hills name which is unheard of for a 2nd round pick (kinda re-enforces the rumors of him being immature and socially akward).

I think his ceiling this year will be a poor mans maliek colins. Rotational DT on pass rushing downs who will show some flashes but will be a non-factor against the run and non-factor pass rushing against better lines

The part you mention about him being "socially awkward" is irrelevant. The media tears into him to because he apparently has social anxiety. I have to say, as a journalist myself, that's a low blow to highlight how "cringeworthy" Hill's media interviews have been. And I take the time to look at those interviews, and there's really nothing cringeworthy about them. The dude is just shy in front of camera..

That has nothing to do with his ability to play on the field.

I had a gut feeling Hill would show something in preseason, and I'm hoping he does the same thing this year. Guy can actually play. It'd be one thing if he sucked as bad as Taco. But he's clearly a better player. Just has to put it together.

"Non-factor"

Come back and tell us later, what a non-factor Hill has been this year while healthy.