Since 2012 Beasley ranks 55th among WRs in yards

jblaze2004

Reaction score
can't sign everybody especially him wanting 20mil guaranteed lmao. He will be missed but good teams find ways to replace guys like cole.

conner01

Reaction score
And tell me has EVERY player that comes out of college been better than the player they replaced. There's never been a player thought to be good and turned out to be a bust. Are you guaranteeing that if the Cowboys let Beasley walk that some rookie is going to be as good and get double coverage sometimes like Beasley does? There are reasons why some players have longer careers than others because of how they play.
There are no guarantees in the draft
But you can’t pay every single player
He’s a fine player who is very good at what he does
But he’s wanting elite money and he’s getting older
Sometimes you have to replace guys in the draft
That’s the point of the draft

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
AGAIN, you're comparing a SLOT receiver that doesn't play every down to WIDE receivers that do. Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand?
The team has played 11 personnel over 2/3 of the time during his career. This isn’t the 90s where you never knew who the 3rd receiver was. And in the era of dink and dunk he should have been higher.

This year Beasley played 67% of the time and I’d imagine over 80 percent of those were pass plays

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
But do any of those 54 other guys have a budding rap career and that marketability?

Yeah. That is what I thought.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Beasley fanboys in here early trying to defend their boy

Look hes a nice little role playing slot guy.. but guess what that nice little role player is asking for a decent check that we should be able to replace via the draft/ UFA/ or FA

Tony helped make Beasley... If Dak is worth a fat paycheck he should make another slot WR look good
fanboys? Why are you trying so hard to make being a fan of a player on the team you root for seem uncool?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I like Bease but it’s bad timing. We have bigger fish to fry this year :cool: On to the next slot receiver.

dwreck27

Reaction score
fanboys? Why are you trying so hard to make being a fan of a player on the team you root for seem uncool?

Because I’m a fan of the team over any player...

Players come and go but the Star remains... especially in these times of free agency and the salary cap I avoid worshiping these players

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The team has played 11 personnel over 2/3 of the time during his career. This isn’t the 90s where you never knew who the 3rd receiver was. And in the era of dink and dunk he should have been higher.

This year Beasley played 67% of the time and I’d imagine over 80 percent of those were pass plays

Again what's the percentage of plays there's 2 WR's on the field? I think we can safely say more than 67%.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There are no guarantees in the draft
But you can’t pay every single player
He’s a fine player who is very good at what he does
But he’s wanting elite money and he’s getting older
Sometimes you have to replace guys in the draft
That’s the point of the draft

OK let me ask you this. Have we ever heard a player say he wants X amount and end up not getting that? You and others are getting to excited about something none of us will be involved with in the negotiations. IF the Cowboys resign Beasley and IF he gets what he's said, THEN you can complain about it. But complaining about it now, when we have zero idea of how or what negotiations have been or will be is foolishness.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Guys with career per game averages of 3 catches for 31 yards over 7 years shouldn't be held in such high regard.

jrumann59

Reaction score
If Beasley would sign for a reasonable amount, then he has value remaining, but it's doubtful that he is worth what he wants even if 3 years younger. The age issue just makes it an easier decision.

At a year older, Edelman signed for 2 years, 11M total.

Also, Beasley is limited. He does not have the deep speed of many small WRs. His limits put limits on the overall offense because it makes it more predictable than it would be with either a bigger player or elite speed player in the slot. Randall Cobb Edelman, Amendola, etc.. are all bigger.

Tyreek Hill is similar height but his insane speed allows him to play anywhere.

Think about a good but not elite player like Anthony Hitchens. Seeing Vander Esch and Jaylon should make it obvious why the Cowboys were wise not to pay Hitchens 9M per. Beasley like Hitchens is a limited player.
Pretty much what I have been saying about him. His bread and butter play is the option route, he replaced witten running the same route 80% of the time

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Passes percentages Cought . Cole Beasley has the best hands in the entire league. That is a great statistic.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cole Beasley had the unmitigated gall to lobby for considerably more than he's worth.

Da 'Boys FO will abide suspensions, dope, crime and absence but not that!
When it comes to $$, they're very sensitive. He's a goner! :muttley:

Last edited:

sean10mm

Reaction score
I don't think Beasley is some historically great slot receiver or anything, but the Cowboys offense is basically the worst in the league for his style of play. Put another way, some other team SHOULD pay more for him than Dallas, because they could easily get more out of him. New England is the obvious place, but hardly the only one that could get more mileage out of a small slot guy than a team trying to replay the greatest hits of 1992 on loop.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Targets resulting in first down, 2016-18
Cooper 48% 7 td 2 int
Williams 47% 4 td 3 int
Beasley 44% 12 td 4 int
Bryant 37% 16 td 7 int
Witten 34% 9 td 1 int
Gallup 31% 3 td 2 td
Elliott 22% 6 td 1 td