:laugh2:

revolvingdoor.jpg
~shudder~

Those things eat desert dwellers.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Deb said:
Jarv...anyone I've ever talked to that has played it on any level ...has said they miss those days and always look back. I've never heard any other sport talked about the same way

Deb, I played baseball all through Jr. and High school (baseball sucks!)...catcher and first base...and was recrutied by coaches to play football, but, being the wimp that I am because I don't like pain...I never played football...but I always worked out with those players that did play...also, I was a team trainer for the long distance runners in high school, helping them do exercises and timing them in the long runs through the desert...very boring...but it was fun.

But...I did get hit in the forehead with a baseball bat during one practice while I was not masked up and the batter whacked me real good...I had a knot on my forehead about the size of an orange...and a concussion! It was only practice so the batter should not have been doing what he was doing...

Oh well...that's my boring story...but, I did get the ladies while the football players were all home trying to heal up after a Friday night game...so, it's all good!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
~shudder~

Those things eat desert dwellers.

Now, that is just crazy! I JUST NOW made a post with the word desert!

Deb

Zoner
Reaction score
5Stars...well it sounds like you had the best of both worlds then LOL I always played baseball....I love it. I played baseball with the boys till I was...in high school and then had to play softball....and still play on a co-ed leauge. I never had a lot when I was growing up but I remember when I was 9 or 10 my dad got me my own leather glove..and back then it was a big deal. I used it my whole life....then a few years ago after an eternity....I find it...my son took the leather laces out and used them for something..and replaced it with blue weed-eater line. And was REALLY proud of himself..and all I could think was....dang. My only memory gone LOL But its all good LOL

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Deb said:
5Stars...well it sounds like you had the best of both worlds then LOL I always played baseball....I love it. I played baseball with the boys till I was...in high school and then had to play softball....and still play on a co-ed leauge. I never had a lot when I was growing up but I remember when I was 9 or 10 my dad got me my own leather glove..and back then it was a big deal. I used it my whole life....then a few years ago after an eternity....I find it...my son took the leather laces out and used them for something..and replaced it with blue weed-eater line. And was REALLY proud of himself..and all I could think was....dang. My only memory gone LOL But its all good LOL

As much as I hate baseball now (because of that strike season in the World Series...where a bunch of kids cannot live on 15 or 20 million a year), I do admit...every time I go to a sporting goods store...I always stop by the baseball gloves and smell that leather! There is nothing better then to smell the smell of a good leather glove...

My dad would always buy me the one catcher glove and first base glove that I found...and I would take them home...rub them with lenseed(sp) oil, put a baseball in them and tie them up with rope and let them rest for a week or two before I replaced my old gloves with the new ones...

Baseball SUCKS!!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Played high school, WR and MLB...

I ran the greatest post pattern ever...with the help of a very slight push off right at the break in the pattern...but I never got caught.

:)

I wore #19 because I really liked Lance Rentzel...uh, then after his uh, coming out party, I decided to like Lance Alworth because at that point people had already been calling me "Lance"...So, to Lance Alworth's parents, that you VERY much for naming your kid "Lance"

At MLB my main objective was to cause serious physical harm to the opposition. I was an angry kid.

their is no harm in this :D my friends dont like to play football with me in the winter

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Deb said:
Jarv...anyone I've ever talked to that has played it on any level ...has said they miss those days and always look back. I've never heard any other sport talked about the same way

To be honest, I dont look back on my football playing days as anything special. Being around the teammates was fun, but my coach was a ******* who would berate the offensive line if they did bad, and tear into them if they did good. It got to the point where I got sick of it and quit. The fun I had after the games is what makes me nostalgic.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I plan to at least get a try out with the cowboys one day. Here's to Semi -Pro then Arena league paying off.

notherbob

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
To be honest, I dont look back on my football playing days as anything special. Being around the teammates was fun, but my coach was a ******* who would berate the offensive line if they did bad, and tear into them if they did good. It got to the point where I got sick of it and quit. The fun I had after the games is what makes me nostalgic.

Yeah, hanging out after the game and talking about it was almost as much fun as playing. This was especially true after I grew up and played in a few pickup games and games in an apartment house league and could quaff a few brews while rehashing the game. The memories of the big plays we were involved in last forever but the rest of the plays fade into oblivion quickly. :D

Like Hos said, the more time passes, the better we were.

I would hate not having played football, I would have deprived myself of a very important part of my life and I think it helps me appreciate great plays from players on other teams instead of hating them.