Since its a bye week...

Deb

Zoner
Reaction score
How many of you guys played football in high school....college or anything higher....? What position did you play and what was your number?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Deb said:
How many of you guys played football in high school....college or anything higher....? What position did you play and what was your number?

played jr high and high school football, in high school i was the backup QB and starter at LB, strange combination, but i loved to hit, and i had a good arm.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Deb said:

...when I realized I wasn't going to be the next Bobby Orr. From Pee Wee to Bantam to High School to University.

Kicker and defensive halfback. The number was a compromise. 44 before university and 4 when I was just a kicker.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I played OT and DT, my number as 76. When it came time for my senior season, my lacrosse coach was on my *** to play lacrosse, so I decided to stop playing football and be the starting defenseman on our team instead. I changed my number to a much more acceptable 21. It was a hard decision, but I dont regret it. Lacrosse is an incredible sport and a fun experience that I wouldnt have had getting yelled at to block a linebacker like I did in football.

dal0789

Reaction score
Still playin HS On varsity Starting ROLB (Next year hopefully college) #56

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
starting free safety in highschool #28 after you know who. also played tightend

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Deb said:

Played fullback in highschool. #35

OLB and Fullback in college. #38 at Sul Ross, #48 at Midwestern State (switched from #41)

Fullback, OL, and DL in semi-pro. #33 (then switched to #91 last season).

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
de/lb/4th string wr in high school number 5

hendog

Reaction score
WR and DB in high school - #5. Went to Appalchian State

on a wrestling scholarship :D

tsquared

Reaction score
playin right now in my second year as a junior, starting reciever, number 21, and back up defensive back, we lost tonight, and i should of had three touchdowns, but our quarterback had a bad game, but hopefully football takes me somewhere, (as in college)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
In Jr. High I was an Offensive Guard and Defensive Tackle and wore Bob Lilly's #74. I was real proud of that number.

In High School I played Middle Linebacker and wore #43. I had that number because they had me playing Fullback to start my Freshman year but soon settled on MLB as my position and I just kept the number.

When I changed schools after my Sophomore year my new team let me keep the number as well since I was ineligible in my Junior year. Back then they still had that rule that you if you changed schools you were not eligible to play the next year but you could still work out with the team. Then in my senior year I was again the MLB and still wore #43.

No college even though I lead my team in tackles my senior year. At 5'8" and 195 it's hard to get a college interested unless you have burner speed which I didn't.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Rack said:
Played fullback in highschool. #35

OLB and Fullback in college. #38 at Sul Ross, #48 at Midwestern State (switched from #41)

Fullback, OL, and DL in semi-pro. #33 (then switched to #91 last season).
I didn't realize Laredo had a Semi-Pro team. I used to spend a lot of time out there and never heard of one...of course that ended about 4 years ago.

Daudr

Reaction score
I played Center and Nose Tackle in high school (small school). It's been too many years, so I don't remember my jersey number.

Deb

Zoner
Reaction score
Some very cool stories....thank for sharing them with me....:)

Manster68

Reaction score
Played guard and defensive end at Stevens High School in Claremont, NH. We didn't do too well, going only 2-7.

I was only 180 pounds at the time. I tended to bounce off the defensive linemen.

After retirement from the Navy, I finished my degree in Education at the University of Southern Mississippi. Been on the MS gulf coast now since 2000 and have gone to many high school football games.

Two Freshmen to look for are Richard Dickson, the starting TE for LSU. He was an All-American at Ocean Springs, MS last year.

The other is Damion Fletcher, the starting tailback at Southern Miss. He was outstanding playing tailback in Biloxi the last sevral years. This kid can fly!

Oh yeah, last Saturday, Fletcher had 177 yards against NC State. You will be able to see Fletcher and Southern Miss next Tuesday on ESPN.

Deb

Zoner
Reaction score
I still go to high school games generally every friday. I love this time of year....the weather change...leaves blowing...the lights...and some really good games played on that level.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I didn't realize Laredo had a Semi-Pro team. I used to spend a lot of time out there and never heard of one...of course that ended about 4 years ago.

Next season will be it's 4 year in existence so you must have just missed it.

We've only lost 3 games in the last three years, so we're a pretty good team (I say "we" eventhough I'm retiring this year).

Check out the League site

We use to have a site just for our team (Red Raiders) but it's down now. Don't know what happened.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Deb said:
I still go to high school games generally every friday. I love this time of year....the weather change...leaves blowing...the lights...and some really good games played on that level.

:hammer: