since noone will say it,

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2264619 said:
Nowhere near the talent that Tony Romo has had..period.

McNabb was the reason that team was moving on our defense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2264568 said:
I swear, thread like this are the reason why I often think this board has gone in the crapper. Here's a newflash. McNabb destroyed us and he was the only reason why the Eagles were in the game. We put up a ton of points on their D and held Westbrook in check for the most part. McNabb escaped several rushes to make HUGE plays. He was their O last night.

Point blank - we play like that against pretty much any other team and we beat them 52-7... or worse.

Kevin Kolb was drafted largely b/c of McNabb's injury history.

Yes-McNabb is an elite QB, but in the event he goes down again, the Eagles have a nice insurance policy in Kolb.

FCBarca

Reaction score
The sad truth is that somehow some fans believe a compliment to an opposing player is an indictment of one of our own :rolleyes:

Here's a thought, Romo AND McNabb are pretty good

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264638 said:
thats not what he meant.....

McNabb healthy is better than Romo.

McNabb is throwing to no named receivers. If he had a T.O. and a Jason Witten he would explode.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2264646 said:

McNabb is throwing to no named receivers. If he had a T.O. and a Jason Witten he would explode.

Okay can Romo get Westrbook as a RB ??? Mcnabbb did have TO.... and they didn't win. Lets not act as if he hasn't had players around him. He has and they haven't done anything while they had the players.

I will take a healthy romo of healthy mcnabb any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264655 said:
Okay can Romo get Westrbook as a RB ??? Mcnabbb did have TO.... and they didn't win. Lets not act as if he hasn't had players around him. He has and they haven't done anything while they had the players.

He hasn't been healthy since T.O. left. The guy is made of glass. He started off hot last year and got hurt then came back playing mediocre.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2264646 said:

He has Westbrook, and an OL that not's only massive, but very athletic. They're one of the best running screens b/c their OL just flies around.

OTOH-we don't exactly have a Westbrook, and our OL isn't exactly very athletic either.(which is why we have a hard time running screens)

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2264655 said:

Give me a break. He came within 3 points of the Cheatriots in a game that could've gone either way. It's not winninng the SB, but it doesn't mean they "haven't done anything."

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Boysboy;2264665 said:
He has Westbrook, and an OL that not's only massive, but very athletic. They're one of the best running screens b/c their OL just flies around.

OTOH-we don't exactly have a Westbrook, and our OL isn't exactly very athletic either.(which is why we have a hard time running screens)

While we don't have a Westbrook Felix and MB3 make up for not having a Westbrook.

Felix is almost a WB clone. Our O-Line is better than the eagles. And to say our OL isn't athletic isn't true. For big guys they are pretty mobile. They aren't overly athletic but good enough for their size

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Real1st;2264676 said:
While we don't have a Westbrook Felix and MB3 make up for not having a Westbrook.

Felix is almost a WB clone. Our O-Line is better than the eagles. And to say our OL isn't athletic isn't true. For big guys they are pretty mobile. They aren't overly athletic but good enough for their size

Felix Jones has played so a small role in our offense it's not even funny. How many catches does he have on the season????

jimnabby;2264670 said:
Give me a break. He came within 3 points of the Cheatriots in a game that could've gone either way. It's not winninng the SB, but it doesn't mean they "haven't done anything."

If you don't win it doesn't matter.

Real1st;2264660 said:
He hasn't been healthy since T.O. left. The guy is made of glass. He started off hot last year and got hurt then came back playing mediocre.

He starts off hot in September and tends to fall of after that.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264720 said:
He starts off hot in September and tends to fall of after that.

Like Romo?

He really doesn't ever seem to play well at the end of the season.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264720 said:
Felix Jones has played so a small role in our offense it's not even funny. How many catches does he have on the season????

Felix will be integrated more in our offense as the year goes along. The eagles throw Westbrook the ball more than they run him

Ender

Reaction score
Nexx;2264287 said:
if you look at it that way, Romo is just as much of a choke artist as McNabb.

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion, I'm not sure its fair to say Romo is a choker because of a boobled snap as a holder and poor offensive line play as the only two losses in the playoffs. McNabb threw multiply interceptions and fumbles in there playoff losses. Including redzone interceptions in the superbowl. Not to mention he made Daniel Manning look like Deion Sanders in the NFC championship game versus the Panthers.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Ender;2264771 said:
I don't know how you can come to that conclusion, I'm not sure its fair to say Romo is a choker because of a boobled snap as a holder and poor offensive line play as the only two losses in the playoffs. McNabb threw multiply interceptions and fumbles in there playoff losses. Including redzone interceptions in the superbowl. Not to mention he made Daniel Manning look like Deion Sanders in the NFC championship game versus the Panthers.

Don't throw facts into a perfectly executed slobberfest. It makes SOME people feel stupid.;)

newlander

Reaction score
I truly think deep down he's a great player. PLENTY good enough to win a title. BUT, like Marino, Kelly and others....you have to DO it. Does he have the supporting cast? Time will tell....but I doubt it. He'll have cheap philthy mgmt. to thank for it.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Ender;2264771 said:

I think the point is, if you want to start throwing labels like choke around, last night's performance was far more Romo choke than it was McNabb...Both of Romo's miscues led to 2 TDs...Same can't be said for McNabb's...So is Romo a choker by comparison?

hutru01

Reaction score
Real1st;2264734 said:
Like Romo?

He really doesn't ever seem to play well at the end of the season.

How can you compare a young quarterback that has only played in 2 playoff games to a veteran who has been playing in the league since 1999?

If you really want to put things in perspective, it took Peyton Manning 5 playoff games to win his first one. People seriously need to cut Romo some slack here. This is only his third season actually playing for god sakes. He is playing like a veteran 95% of the game. He is going to make mistakes.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
hutru01;2264827 said:
How can you compare a young quarterback that has only played in 2 playoff games to a veteran who has been playing in the league since 1999?

If you really want to put things in perspective, it took Peyton Manning 5 playoff games to win his first one. People seriously need to cut Romo some slack here. This is only his third season actually playing for god sakes. He is playing like a veteran 95% of the game. He is going to make mistakes.

People need to cut McNabb some slack. The guy has been hurt and plays for a city that does not respect him. He played good in the post season despite the infamous choke job in the Super Bowl. McNabb in his second year won a playoff game.

Romo is a great QB but its just the fact that QBs success will be measured in the post season. When he wins some playoff games people will cut him some slack just like they did with Eli. Just like they did with Peyton. Just like McNabb

I say Dan Marino was the best QB of all time but alot of people will say he isn't due to the fact he never won a SB.

hutru01

Reaction score
Real1st;2264850 said:
People need to cut McNabb some slack. The guy has been hurt and plays for a city that does not respect him. He played good in the post season despite the infamous choke job in the Super Bowl. McNabb in his second year won a playoff game.

Romo is a great QB but its just the fact that QBs success will be measured in the post season. When he wins some playoff games people will cut him some slack just like they did with Eli. Just like they did with Peyton. Just like McNabb

I say Dan Marino was the best QB of all time but alot of people will say he isn't due to the fact he never won a SB.

Before Peyton won his first playoff game, he wasn't considered a choker when he lost his first 4 playoff games.

The biased media and opposing teams fans love to hate Dallas. That's why Romo catches so much crap.