Single most amazing Tony Romo statistic

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;1719105 said:
What are Romo's turnovers like in the games where the defense gives up 38+?

I think that's a good question.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tomson75;1719038 said:
I knew 7 years of college would pay off eventually!!

Hey - just like me - 7 yrs of college and a 4 yr degree!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Rack;1719042 said:
How does a W/L record get applied as a "Stat" to a single individual?

I've always hated how Wins and Losses get attributed to the QB. You never hear anyone mention a W/L record for a Guard.

Analogy: Starting pitcher in baseball.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
1. Warner 4,359
2. Romo 4,348
3. Marino 4,284
4. Bulger 4,262

Romo is only the 2nd player to ever pass for over 4,300 yards in his first 16 regular season starts. One more 12-yard completion against the Pats, and he would've passed Kurt "YAC" Warner.

There are a lot of great QB's who don't even make this list.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
yoMick, I think that analogy is a very fair one. The pitcher doesn't field and doesn't hit. Sometimes he gets a win after giving up 6 earned runs.

NEVERTHELESS, the starting pitcher is more responsible than any other player for a team's success. Such is clearly the case with quarterbacks in football.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Rack;1719042 said:
How does a W/L record get applied as a "Stat" to a single individual?

I've always hated how Wins and Losses get attributed to the QB. You never hear anyone mention a W/L record for a Guard.

Thats because a Guard doesn't handle the ball virtually every play. Also, the QB is your known leader therefore the W/L stat is attached to him based on how well the team plays or wins or loses.. Yes football is a TEAM game but very often its W/L record will always be attached to the HC and then the QB...

Freyguy

Reaction score
How about this....the Dallas Cowboys are 11-2 when giving up less than 38 pts in the past 16 games.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Freyguy;1719526 said:
How about this....the Dallas Cowboys are 11-2 when giving up less than 38 pts in the past 16 games.

Don't be silly. The QB is the only one playing in those games. Only he should have a record attached to his name cuz the tackles, guards, center, WRs, TEs, and the whole defense just stands there. The QB is doing everything.

Freyguy

Reaction score
Rack;1719529 said:
Don't be silly. The QB is the only one playing in those games. Only he should have a record attached to his name cuz the tackles, guards, center, WRs, TEs, and the whole defense just stands there. The QB is doing everything.
Oh...ok. Duh. I think i get it now.;)

gbrittain

Reaction score
All joking aside. It is all about the QB.

I have been a big proponent of you ainn't going nowhere until you find a QB.

Granted, I also doubted the Cowboys would find one until they invested a premium pick on one. Of course Dallas did not and it appears that they have found a QB.

After all the talk about bus driving QBs, I maintained that the next time Dallas is considered a contender will also be the next time Dallas has a franchise QB.

The QB can not do it all alone, but the QB can single handedly tank the team year after year.

Remove Romo from the equation and Dallas is not even on the contender radar screen.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rack;1719548 said:
Again, no it isn't ALL about the QB.

I agree! You can have Peyton Maning at QB but if he doesn't have anyone that can catch, he's just average, maybe worse. On the other side of the coin, you can have the 4 best recievers in the NFL but if you don't have a QB that can get them the ball, he's toast.

Another example of this QB stuff. When the Cowboys played the Eagles in the game that they ALMOST lost, with this line of thinking that "it's all about the QB", if RW had not intercepted McFlunks pass and took it to the house, Romo would have notched the loss? But since RW took it to the house now Romo gains the win?

I understand praising Romo, however, just like any other player on the TEAM...he is not the Lone Ranger, Tonto, or Superman. He's just a good football player that happens to play QB for the Cowboys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
5Stars;1719556 said:
I agree! You can have Peyton Maning at QB but if he doesn't have anyone that can catch, he's just average, maybe worse. On the other side of the coin, you can have the 4 best recievers in the NFL but if you don't have a QB that can get them the ball, he's toast.

Another example of this QB stuff. When the Cowboys played the Eagles in the game that they ALMOST lost, with this line of thinking that "it's all about the QB", if RW had not intercepted McFlunks pass and took it to the house, Romo would have notched the loss? But since RW took it to the house now Romo gains the win?

I understand praising Romo, however, just like any other player on the TEAM...he is not the Lone Ranger, Tonto, or Superman. He's just a good football player that happens to play QB for the Cowboys.

Exactly.

Elway was one of the greatest of all time, but he couldn't win the big one till they got him some other players that would play.

On the other side of that coin, Trent Freakin' Dilfer has won a superbowl. Big Ben won a superbowl as a rookie mostly just handing it off to the RBs.

It's not "All" about the QB. Yes, the QB is important, but he is NOTHING w/o his teammates.

Like Aikman has said, the QB gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

But I guess OS knows more about the QB position then Troy Aikman. :rolleyes:

Freyguy

Reaction score
Yep, yep. You think the Bears got the Super Bowl last year because of Rex Grossman?? You think the Chargers went 14-2 last year because of Philip Rivers? See LT. Its all reciprocal. The QB needs good talent around him to be a success.