Single most amazing Tony Romo statistic

gbrittain

Reaction score
Rack;1719797 said:
Not reading too much into it. It's real simple, QBs get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

If a Hall Of Fame QB agrees with that, why wouldn't you or anyone else?

But I guess Oldschool knows more about the NFL then Troy Aikman.

The problem with football today is BSPN and sportscenter over glorifying things that they shouldn't and over criticizing players that don't deserve it.

The media has sucked oldschool in, along with millions of other fans. Me? I don't watch ESPN anymore. If they show a cowboys game I literally watch it with the mute on.

No QB can be "Great" if the OL doesn't block, or if the TEs and WRs don't catch or run the right routes. There is absolutely NO denying that. Period.

If it was "All about the QB" then why did the colts spend a first round pick on Anthony Gonzalez? They've already got one of the greatest QBs to play the game, what do they need ANOTHER first round WR for? They've already got two, but it's all about the QB so why bother paying those WRs all that money when they've got Manning? SHouldn't they just be able to play an average WR out there and still excel?

Or is it because it's a team game and it's about improving the whole TEAM?

I can not speak for others, but the NFL is the ultimate team sport as you say. I am certainly not denying that.

I am saying as you already said that the QB is the single most important player on the field.

NFL GMs have drafted a QB #1 overall 8 of the last 10 years.

I do not think for one moment that is a coincidence.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Rack;1719797 said:
Not reading too much into it. It's real simple, QBs get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

The problem with football today is BSPN and sportscenter over glorifying things that they shouldn't and over criticizing players that don't deserve it.

The media has sucked oldschool in, along with millions of other fans. Me? I don't watch ESPN anymore. If they show a cowboys game I literally watch it with the mute on.

No QB can be "Great" if the OL doesn't block, or if the TEs and WRs don't catch or run the right routes. There is absolutely NO denying that. Period.

If it was "All about the QB" then why did the colts spend a first round pick on Anthony Gonzalez? They've already got one of the greatest QBs to play the game, what do they need ANOTHER first round WR for? They've already got two, but it's all about the QB so why bother paying those WRs all that money when they've got Manning? SHouldn't they just be able to play an average WR out there and still excel?

How were things going for the Cowboys with Bledsoe behind center last year.

How did they do when Romo took over?

Yes, it is a team game.

A smart, talented QB who "get's it" can and will improve the entire team.

O-line looks better when the QB has a quick release, a real feel for the pocket and an ability to get out of trouble.

Running game opens up when the D has to account for that smart talented QB.

Receivers look better when the smart, talented QB has the ability to go through his reads and to keep looking when things start to break down.

Defense looks better when they are fresh all game because the smart talented QB sustains drives and keeps them off the field.

The entire team plays better and with more confidence when they have a QB they respect and that they know can get it done.

Yea, you have to have a complete team but there is no denying the QB is the keystone of a great team.

How do you think this team would be doing this year with Bledsoe taking the snaps?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
At one point Rack refers to the Aikman statement in deferential tone, as though every one of Troy's statements is inerrant.

Then a few posts later he declares how he doesn't listen to any media pundits and that he is above them.

Interesting.

For the record I graduated from UCLA three years before Aikman did. We Bruins never disagree with each other. Ever. This is only enigmatic if you aren't one with the collective.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Rack;1719797 said:

Did you ever question Parcells or Zimmer?

If so, why would you?

One is a soon to be HOF Coach and the other is a DC in the NFL.

This type of logic fails.