Skins latest restructuring moves... and pending releases

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
riggo said:
it's almost happened to me here. and i wasnt even gloating. ;)

Agreed - You skins fans really need to recognize just what board your CHOOSING to be part of.

Its a free state here at the Zone. Nothing like that Gulag you have over at ES. :cool:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If we have a 5-11 season, so be it. But, we were predicted to finish last in the division this past season, while Dallas was picked for the playoffs.

Very few writers picked Dallas to go to the playoffs.

Hell, most of them were saying Parcells was going to retire by now.

I do believe that some writers have a vendetta against the Skins because they don't like Snyder, especially Pasquarelli.

However, if you think writers have a favorable bias for the Cowboys.....guess again.

Rich.........

1fisher

Reaction score
Wheat said:
I keep getting confused on why people think Snyder isn't just signing off on what Gibbs wants.

Joe Gibbs is deciding what players he wants, and who's shipped out. In DC, Snyder has been off the radar for two seasons now. Somehow people think he's even close to as hands on as he was back before the 04 season.

If we have a 5-11 season, so be it. But, we were predicted to finish last in the division this past season, while Dallas was picked for the playoffs.

10-6 with a playoff win should be a clear sign that Gibbs is in charge on and off the field. Especially with the addition of Al Saunders. He can focus more on Front Office stuff.

Hate him all you want, but the guy got this group the 2nd round in his 2nd season after 12 years off. He's earned alittle respect because of that.

blah....blah...blah.....:D

you're barking up the wrong tree...

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
If that was true we would have kept Lavar...we are taking a big hit on him this year to have more cap room in future years.

The Commanders aren't the same team they were when Snyder first got here. The mentality is completely different now.

Puhlease... everyone knew you were gonna cut Lavar since you benched him this season. You can't compare him to Glover... Glover was a team player, and it hurt our team to have to cut him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Washington will cut five to seven players tonight to get under the salary cap, according to the Washington Times.

— It’s not clear that the Eagles or Giants are interested in him, but LaVar Arrington is interested in becoming an Eagle or a Giant.

Kevin Mawae will visit Miami today. The Eagles also have confirmed interest, though they continue to be linked with LeCharles Bentley.

One theory is that Bentley could get increased interest if a new CBA is agreed to and the salary cap jumps $10 million or so.

Mawae maintains that he is the best center on the market, Bentley notwithstanding.

He is available now, as LaRoi Glover was when the Rams signed him. Mawae will wait, however, until free agency begins, in order to maximize his value.

— The Eagles are also interested in QB Jeff Garcia and RB Mike Anderson, recently cut by Denver.

— Deja vu: If this story is true the Cowboys could have free agent competition from Miami.

The Miami Herald claims the Dolphins will pursue, among others, LB Willie McGinest, OT Tom Ashworth and OT L.J. Shelton.

Shelton could be the Anthony Henry of 2006, a good but less heralded player than a Jon Runyan.

There has been a virtual news blackout from Valley Ranch this week on anything personnel related.

Jerry Jones has mentioned the team has been ready to tackle free agency “for a week,” but beyond that, silence.

I went back into the Blog archives and found a similar pattern of silence of subterfuge. Last season the Cowboys top two needs were cornerback and offensive tackle. Rumors were hot that Dallas might switch to a 3-4 defense, if they could find a nose tackle. The Cowboys were linked to WRs Laveranues Coles and Randy Moss.

In the days leading up to the start of free agency rumors had Dallas pursuing CBs Fred Smoot and Ken Lucas. The Cowboys filled the obvious hole, but surprised by claiming Browns CB Anthony Henry an afterthought on most free agent boards, including mine.
After a couple of weeks of will they or won’t them, the Cowboys leapt out of the starting blocks and snagged Jason Ferguson from the Jets.
Another surprise came on the offensive line. Dallas was seen as a landing spot for former Jets RT Kareem McKenzie who eventually moved to the Giants. I wrote many pieces on Packers OG Mike Wahle who I had projected as a right tackle. Dallas signed his linemate Marco Rivera and kept him at right guard.
Now, flash back to the present. Dallas again has obvious needs at right tackle, kicker, outside linebacker and free safety. Again, they’re being linked to a big risk/big potential reward WR, only this time, the name is Owens and not Moss.
Every veteran free agent tackle of note is being signed for the Cowboys. Jones suggested he would not pay top dollar, which would seemingly rule out Eagles RT Jon Runyan, but how can we tell?
At kicker, Jones again downplayed spending top dollar, but with Adam Vinatieri at the top of all kickers lists, how can we be sure he’s not sandbagging?
And who, if anybody, will be this year’s Henry, the player of quality so far overlooked?
Finally, which of the many former Parcells players will be tapped? Vinatieri, Jason Fabini, Jerald Sowell, Kevin Mawae and Willie McGinest are candidates to follow Ferguson, Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Drew Bledsoe, Richie Anderson, Vinnie Testaverde and Ryan Young to Dallas.
The suspense may be getting out of hand, but if last year is any indication, the wait will be worth it.