Video: Skip and Shannon: Did the Cowboys blow it by giving away Amari Cooper?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
that’s the return we got, that’s how it works.

unless we do the unthinkable and spend some money
That's your opinion. I'm not going in the weeds to prop up Cooper. A couple of years ago maybe. Maybe if he didn't miss games and maybe if he didn't halfass plays not for him. But we got rid of a ridiculous salary, were able to sign other players and got a pick. I'm over it.
We didn't "blow it."
We're gonna be fine. WRs are the new RBs. A dime a dozen for a 3 year average.

Proof

Reaction score
That's your opinion. I'm not going in the weeds to prop up Cooper. A couple of years ago maybe. Maybe if he didn't miss games and maybe if he didn't halfass plays not for him. But we got rid of a ridiculous salary, were able to sign other players and got a pick. I'm over it.
We didn't "blow it."
We're gonna be fine. WRs are the new RBs. A dime a dozen for a 3 year average.

i’m not sure where i propped up cooper though. the return was bad, that’s just not arguable or an opinion. but you already bookmarked it for future review yeah?

BigD_95

Reaction score
Like I have asked before what did the Cowboys lose by getting rid of Cooper, Collins, and Gregory? CeeDee has the tools to be a better number 1 then Cooper. CeeDee was the better player last season. Collins has been bad for the last two seasons. The line played better without Collins last season. Gregory is the most overrated player in the league. He played a career high 11 games last season. Gregory is a designated pass rusher that played limited snaps last season. Armstrong, Fowler, and Williams are better and cheaper then Gregory. Bad draft???:huh:. Let’s let the guys play a season before we even attempt to judge. For some reason fans just don’t think two All Pro defensive player of the year candidates who are under 25 will not get better.

it doesn’t matter if CeeDee is the better receiver or not. The team was better with both of them. I believe CeeDee had better production cause he played in the slot and teams game planned against Cooper. Also we lost Wilson from that receiving group.

Gregory made the team better. We can argue if he was worth the contract. I will give you that. But it’s not like we replaced he with someone better. There is a reason he is getting paid while the guys we have are on the cheap.

and you are forgetting about what we didn’t do. We didn’t bring in any value at free agency. We removed all those players and their salaries and didn’t replace them. Now we have a lot of cap space and nothing to do with it.

I understand the players drafted need to play out but the Overall “expert” opinion on the draft is bad. While the same people gave Cowboys top ratings the last several drafts.

i have zero faith in this team this year. It’s obvious they were a better team last year and couldn’t win 1 home game. And maybe the worst part of the off-season was keeping MM and Moore. The same 2 guys that couldn’t win last year are going take a worse team and win?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
it doesn’t matter if CeeDee is the better receiver or not. The team was better with both of them. I believe CeeDee had better production cause he played in the slot and teams game planned against Cooper. Also we lost Wilson from that receiving group.

Gregory made the team better. We can argue if he was worth the contract. I will give you that. But it’s not like we replaced he with someone better. There is a reason he is getting paid while the guys we have are on the cheap.

and you are forgetting about what we didn’t do. We didn’t bring in any value at free agency. We removed all those players and their salaries and didn’t replace them. Now we have a lot of cap space and nothing to do with it.

I understand the players drafted need to play out but the Overall “expert” opinion on the draft is bad. While the same people gave Cowboys top ratings the last several drafts.

i have zero faith in this team this year. It’s obvious they were a better team last year and couldn’t win 1 home game. And maybe the worst part of the off-season was keeping MM and Moore. The same 2 guys that couldn’t win last year are going take a worse team and win?
Good answers. The only one I will challenge on is CeeDee and Cooper. For CeeDee to get to top shelf receiver level, he needs to be the clear cut 1. Dak has a better relationship with Cooper because you could argue he saved Dak’s career. I think when Cooper and CeeDee are running routes together the pass is going to Cooper. Now CeeDee is our number 1 who will be playing for a contract. CeeDee is probably at Dak’s house as we speak.:laugh:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
i’m not sure where i propped up cooper though. the return was bad, that’s just not arguable or an opinion. but you already bookmarked it for future review yeah?
You can read.

plasticman

Reaction score
As it has been suggested, Cooper was traded for a 5th rounder plus the free agents they sign with that extra 20 million in cap space.

Or perhaps the Cowboys extend a valuable player sometime this season. Can't you use leftover cap money the following season?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good answers. The only one I will challenge on is CeeDee and Cooper. For CeeDee to get to top shelf receiver level, he needs to be the clear cut 1. Dak has a better relationship with Cooper because you could argue he saved Dak’s career. I think when Cooper and CeeDee are running routes together the pass is going to Cooper. Now CeeDee is our number 1 who will be playing for a contract. CeeDee is probably at Dak’s house as we speak.:laugh:
You could argue Lamb was a 1 last season. 2 less TDs, everything else he surpassed Cooper.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Even if its not an upgrade, does it matter? We had an abundance of resources in the passing game. So if we were a 10 and a scale before and we are an 8 now, we are still in the top 10 in the league passing weapons. Which should be more than enough with a 40 million dollar QB.
The problem is we're paying 40 mil for a 10 mil QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
:hammer:....I'm expecting Cooper to have a rebound season in Cleveland.

Look @ Jerry's track record...when a season goes South.....blame the WR...

TO
Dez
Terrence Williams
Miles
Galloway
Beasley

@ some point Jerry needs to figure out...it's about the QB...And having an alpha leader in the room.

You forgot Roy Williams.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
lol oh so a moron and a dick? yeah please stop addressing me
What are you talking about? You quoted my post. If it's hard for you when fans respond, then don't quote them. Or, instead of having a Woodrow for the last word, put me on ignore.
Lol

Ken

Reaction score
Because there were SOOO many other teams making better offers.....
Exactly.

"Oh but they telegraphed the move"- Beat a 5th rounder then.

Cowboys fans in denial about Coopers value. Trade him after 2019 and you would have gotten a 1st and 3rd. He killed his own value with his contract, decision making, and play.

Proof

Reaction score
What are you talking about? You quoted my post. If it's hard for you when fans respond, then don't quote them. Or, instead of having a Woodrow for the last word, put me on ignore.
Lol

you're dense. that's what i'm talking about.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly.

"Oh but they telegraphed the move"- Beat a 5th rounder then.

Cowboys fans in denial about Coopers value. Trade him after 2019 and you would have gotten a 1st and 3rd. He killed his own value with his contract, decision making, and play.
How long are some going to whine about only getting a 5th? Did they really think we'd get a high pick AND 22+ million handcuffs? He wasn't THAT good.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
How long are some going to whine about only getting a 5th? Did they really think we'd get a high pick AND 22+ million handcuffs? He wasn't THAT good.
I could understand the argument of "they telegraphed the move" if they just had to release him.

They got a 5th and pick swap, if teams were interested, they know what they had to beat.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
33 years and counting since we last spent a 1st on a QB and don’t expect it to change soon.

You get what you pay for........

Amazes me in 33 years.....we haven't even tried to make a deal for a high end QB...or draft one. It's just stupid we don't consider the QB position as being the top priority.