Video: Skip and Shannon on Byron Jones Eagles Reports

Carson

Reaction score
:lmao2:

This is what cracks me up about the media. Does losing Jones close the Super Bowl window? Ohhhh. You mean the middle of the pack defense that couldn't stop Trubisky, Allen, Bridgewater, Darnold? Come on.

Losing Jones does hurt, absolutely. But let's not act like this is the 85 Bears, 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens losing a Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary or Derrick Brooks/Sapp/Lynch.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

This is what cracks me up about the media. Does losing Jones close the Super Bowl window? Ohhhh. You mean the middle of the pack defense that couldn't stop Trubisky, Allen, Bridgewater, Darnold? Come on..
Yea, now imagine how the defense is going to be when those guys actually throw to the left.

The criticism of this defense and then the lack of desire to pay good players is WILD.

Carson

Reaction score
Yea, now imagine how the defense is going to be when those guys actually throw to the left.

The criticism of this defense and then the lack of desire to pay good players is WILD.

Let us wait until the season begins to make that assumption. So what do we do? Just give up because teams can throw left? There is a reason they aren't all in on Jones. We likely won't know the real reason behind it. I agree though them not paying him stinks.

Team could snag a few pass rushers or a corner like Chris Harris / CJ Henderson.

Byron will be difficult to replace. No one currently on our roster can cover as well.

Well yes. He's a solid #1. I'm still convinced Awuzie can play in this league

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Let us wait until the season begins to make that assumption. So what do we do? Just give up because teams can throw left? There is a reason they aren't all in on Jones. We likely won't know the real reason behind it. I agree though them not paying him stinks.
The reason they aren't in on Jones is that they're devaluing the DB position to try to win with scheme.

It's smart. But let's not act like they won't miss him there. The pass defense was actually very good all year, for what they were asked to do.

Carson

Reaction score
The reason they aren't in on Jones is that they're devaluing the DB position to try to win with scheme.

It's smart. But let's not act like they won't miss him there. The pass defense was actually very good all year, for what they were asked to do.

I don't disagree with you there. I know Jones will be missed.

Just hoping we can pick up a solid CB in FA or the draft and Jones goes to the AFC West

GMO415

Reaction score

This is what cracks me up about the media. Does losing Jones close the Super Bowl window? Ohhhh. You mean the middle of the pack defense that couldn't stop Trubisky, Allen, Bridgewater, Darnold? Come on.

Losing Jones does hurt, absolutely. But let's not act like this is the 85 Bears, 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens losing a Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary or Derrick Brooks/Sapp/Lynch.
KC won it all with an average but steadily approving Def. They didn't have the caliber of a Jones anywhere

Carson

Reaction score
KC won it all with an average but steadily approving Def. They didn't have the caliber of a Jones anywhere

Ehh that could be debatable. Collectively, sure. Talent wise? They were above average in a lot of positions. They allowed a league-low 9.6 points per game since Week 11.

2018 Defense:

• 26.3 points per game (24th)
  • 405.5 yards per game (31st)
  • 5.9 yards per play (24th)
  • 273.4 passing yards per game (31st)
  • 64.2% completions (15th)
  • 132.1 rushing yards per game (27th)
  • 5.0 yards per attempt (31st)
  • 42% 3rd down conversions (25th)
2019 Defense:

• 19.1 points per game (7th)
  • 348.5 yards per game (17th)
  • 5.4 yards per play (15th)
  • 219.0 passing yards per game (8th)
  • 59.9% completions (3rd)
  • 129.5 rushing yards per game (26th)
  • 5.0 yards per attempt (29th)
  • 35.8% 3rd down conversions (9th)
The Chiefs are now a top 10 scoring defense, a top 10 defense against the pass, and a top 10 defense at getting off the field on third down.

Chris Jones ... top DT available in FA.
Frank Clark had 8 sacks and was solid.
Honey Badger was still an elite safety. Breeland and Fuller are really good corners.
They also found a stud FS in Thornhill.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I will trade some coverage skills for someone who makes big plays.
A big play for the opposing offense is about the same as a big play for the defense. They both result in points.

Byron gave up less big plays than a replacement is going to probably give up. So that replacement is going to have to equal those big plays given up with turnovers he creates. Only the very best do that!

Your just going to trade one for the other!

cern

Reaction score

Team could snag a few pass rushers or a corner like Chris Harris / CJ Henderson.

Well yes. He's a solid #1. I'm still convinced Awuzie can play in this league
Chido can play. But not as well as byron.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't keep everybody and priorities rule and this team is owned by a follow the football owner. Most of the other owners are as well but they don't run their own clubs.

Prescott and Cooper take precedent over Jones because this is not a club that believes in the O is 1/3 of the team, it is 2/3 of the team that's where the money will go.

This will be a team good enough to make the playoffs every other year or so but will not make any noise because they do not believe in the D and ST being equal on the team.

Jones isn't a top 10 CB and isn't worth that kind of money but he's the cutest pup in an ugly litter and he will make out really well. The Cowboys will have to go CB with that 1st and hope they get a hit.

I will say this. Jones and Cooper are both going to get overpaid but I'd rather pay Jones.

dwreck27

Reaction score

2 INTs in 5 years starting in Dallas...

1 pro bowl In that time

would be beaten more like a drum if he didn’t have Chido who is a wet paper napkin of a defense on the opposite side of him

oh how ever shall we live!!