Video: Skip and Shannon on Byron Jones Eagles Reports

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chido can play. But not as well as byron.
Lewis can play too but not as well. Not as well gets a team beat.

The Cowboys do not have a great pass rush and will now not have their best cover corner and I predict that even those nonchalant about letting Jones walk will regret that this coming season.

Karma will visit the Cowboys in the form of a Jones pick of Prescott when they face the Eagles, it just has to be.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will trade some coverage skills for someone who makes big plays.
How many CB's make those big plays vs preventing them?

I am not a big Jones fan but I am a fan of D and this one is not as good without him. It's not really good with him but we don;\'t know who will be stepping in or up in that position.

It's not a choice of coverage skills vs bug plays. It's coverage skills vs ?

Big_D

Reaction score
This team loves to make offense the priority while not paying defense. Time to start digging through the bargain bin.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I must be completely dense. I don't see what the team would be losing if/when Jones leaves. I understand he covers well, but no one could cover like Deion Sanders yet Deion had at least 2 interceptions every year of his career.

I think it's fair to at least question his worth, especially for the price tag he's estimated to command.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
2 INTs in 5 years starting in Dallas...

1 pro bowl In that time

would be beaten more like a drum if he didn’t have Chido who is a wet paper napkin of a defense on the opposite side of him

oh how ever shall we live!!
Picks aren't everything and they differently don't tell you if the player was beaten in coverage. Anybody that says Byron was beaten like a drum or would be beaten like a drum has some type of agenda or didn't watch him play.

I agree he doesn't have the picks that elite corners have had but Jones is elite in coverage and rarely gives up any big plays. Why do you think teams don't throw his way?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are posters here that minimize Jones' play because of the lack of picks. OK.

How many of those posters have prepared a pass happy offense against him? That guy in PHL has done it for 8 games and has had his DC, who has also been there for 8 Cowboys games, look at him and they're at the front of the line. Might they know a little more and be a better judge of CB's than any of us? He's their #1 priority.

Ya know the problem with the Eagles' D last season? The secondary, specifically the CB's. Do good for yourself and do harm to your rival and he'd be playing for a better DC and staff than he's ever had in Dallas. You'd better hope he signs with a different team.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they should of signed the guy way before now but jerry and his son wait until the very last minute to sign a guy

Sydla

Reaction score
I’d like him back.

But you have to start restructuring deals to fit him in most likely.

I am hoping Gruden gives him stupid money in Oakland. Jones in Philly would suck.

Carson

Reaction score
I’d like him back.

I am hoping Gruden gives him stupid money in Oakland. Jones in Philly would suck.

He's going to Oakland or Philly now.

Denver just trade for AJ Bouye. He is due 13 million this AND next year. Likely takes them out of the Jones saga.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
:lmao2:

This is what cracks me up about the media. Does losing Jones close the Super Bowl window? Ohhhh. You mean the middle of the pack defense that couldn't stop Trubisky, Allen, Bridgewater, Darnold? Come on.

Losing Jones does hurt, absolutely. But let's not act like this is the 85 Bears, 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens losing a Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary or Derrick Brooks/Sapp/Lynch.
Very well put

Mr_437

Reaction score
Byron has multiple suitors for Elite CB money, why is that?...some of you fail to acknowledge all things a CB does, but these other teams know what's up.

Cowboys better get a 1st round CB or it's a wrap.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d like him back.

They don't have a great deal of space and have him at then top of their list, they highly value him but it is not a great year for FA CB's. Jones might not have a lot of picks but he's going to pick off a hell of a payday.

I wonder since Jones knows he wasn't a priority in DAL if he's got a little of that payback in him where he would prefer PHL? Think he might want to make Booger pay for all of his talk about the QB and WR?

Karma = Jones getting a pick 6 of a Prescott pass intended for Cooper.

When I think of Byron Jones, I think of that play against GB when he was in no man's land and responded that's where he was supposed to be, he was told to be there. Well, if you ever get the chance to see that play again, look at him whip his head toward the coach the minute that play happens. At first, I thought he was making excuses but his reaction as that happened told a different story. They let him take the fall for that and he was pissed.

I would like to see him play for a better coaching staff just to see what he has besides freakish athleticism.

ondaedg

Reaction score
2 INTs in 5 years starting in Dallas...

1 pro bowl In that time

would be beaten more like a drum if he didn’t have Chido who is a wet paper napkin of a defense on the opposite side of him

oh how ever shall we live!!

And those two INTs were on an end of half hail mary and a tipped ball. He's never had an INT in traditional coverage situations which is incredible in its own right. Good cover guy and I hope he stays but he will be overpaid in fa by someone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
They could simply opt to re-sign their own in cornerback Anthony Brown. He's set to hit FA. This would keep the trio of Awuzie, Lewis, and Brown together.

Carson

Reaction score
And those two INTs were on an end of half hail mary and a tipped ball. He's never had an INT in traditional coverage situations which is incredible in its own right. Good cover guy and I hope he stays but he will be overpaid in fa by someone.

You can guarantee he will get picks next season. Book it.

It's like Brandon Carr all over again.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Going to really suck seeing him shutting down half the field against us rather than for us.

You mean the side that Cooper isn't lined up on ? 1-on-1 , does Jones shut down Amari ? I don't see that happening..........................