Video: Skip and Shannon on Byron Jones Eagles Reports

Proof

Reaction score
Ehh that could be debatable. Collectively, sure. Talent wise? They were above average in a lot of positions. They allowed a league-low 9.6 points per game since Week 11.

2018 Defense:

• 26.3 points per game (24th)
  • 405.5 yards per game (31st)
  • 5.9 yards per play (24th)
  • 273.4 passing yards per game (31st)
  • 64.2% completions (15th)
  • 132.1 rushing yards per game (27th)
  • 5.0 yards per attempt (31st)
  • 42% 3rd down conversions (25th)
2019 Defense:

• 19.1 points per game (7th)
  • 348.5 yards per game (17th)
  • 5.4 yards per play (15th)
  • 219.0 passing yards per game (8th)
  • 59.9% completions (3rd)
  • 129.5 rushing yards per game (26th)
  • 5.0 yards per attempt (29th)
  • 35.8% 3rd down conversions (9th)
The Chiefs are now a top 10 scoring defense, a top 10 defense against the pass, and a top 10 defense at getting off the field on third down.

Chris Jones ... top DT available in FA.
Frank Clark had 8 sacks and was solid.
Honey Badger was still an elite safety. Breeland and Fuller are really good corners.
They also found a stud FS in Thornhill.

This. Not to mention Charvarius Ward who they got from us :-(.

And yeah, Matthieu was an All pro lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think it was Troy Aikman who was talking about throwing at a CB. He didn't mind a CB who could knock balls away, he would throw at that all day. It was the CB's who could actually pick off a pass that caused hesitation.

Troy Aikman played when DB's could mug WR's.

Now the #1 priority is covering..

Why aren't any of these QB's taking Troy's advice and throwing at Byron all day? Ask yourself that.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yea, now imagine how the defense is going to be when those guys actually throw to the left.

The criticism of this defense and then the lack of desire to pay good players is WILD.
Somebody on this team does not like defensive players..

will not pay top defensive players..

and his name starts with "Jerrah"..

and ends with "Jones".

We will be the first team in the SB era to win it while paying the highest salary to a QB, a RB and a WR..

or we will die trying.

Go Jerrah, go.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Byron will be difficult to replace. No one currently on our roster can cover as well.
Without a pass rush this year if Quinn and Bennett and some others leave..

and if Wolf Hunter doesn't get well and Lee is injured or Tank doesn't turn the corner on his surgeries..

what good would it do us to sign Jones?

Obviously the team is rebuilding and the team will have to draft or trade for DB help.

It's going to be a very awkward season ahead.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
I like Jones but I’d prefer to spend a bit less and get James Bradberry.

And for those touting INT’s, coaching has a huge role in turnovers. Many DB coaches teach guys to play the WR’s hands and never turn and track the ball. Eagles’ DB coach taught the same crap and it’s extremely frustrating when guys are in position but they don’t turn and catch. Think Jones was taught the same way.

Carson

Reaction score

And for those touting INT’s, coaching has a huge role in turnovers. Many DB coaches teach guys to play the WR’s hands and never turn and track the ball. Eagles’ DB coach taught the same crap and it’s extremely frustrating when guys are in position but they don’t turn and catch. Think Jones was taught the same way.

Not sure how much less. Bradberry wants 15 and is likely to get it from the Skins

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Jones will get his 3rd career interception against Dak. You heard it here first.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Yea, now imagine how the defense is going to be when those guys actually throw to the left.

The criticism of this defense and then the lack of desire to pay good players is WILD.

Byron Jones is EASILY the most overrated cornerback in the NFL. Guy doesn't make plays PERIOD. This is a guy you can replace with a decent middle round pick.

I don't even know when this notion started that he's some great CB. PFF? Those guys are a complete joke themselves.

Jones is the next terrible CB contract in the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Byron Jones is EASILY the most overrated cornerback in the NFL. Guy doesn't make plays PERIOD. This is a guy you can replace with a decent middle round pick.

I don't even know when this notion started that he's some great CB. PFF? Those guys are a complete joke themselves.

His peers consider him a great corner. The ones who actually play against him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Mike and his DC have made no secrets, they're looking DBs with ballhawk mentality........that's not Byron Jones. He's had 5 years. Remember Byron actually admitting it was one part of his game he would work during the offseason. So it' not like a part his game he hasn't tried to improve or fix.

May sound strange but I have a feeling, the interceptions will start coming once he signs with another team (lol).

817Gill

Reaction score

Bradberry is going for 15+ to the skins, book it. His stats were marginally better than Chido’s last year (Chido honestly wasn’t that bad gets a lot of crap).

The Skins headed by Bradberry’s old coach, have shown the most interest and we all know they genuinely enjoy overpaying outside FA’s. Seems like a match made in heaven, can’t wait for him to deal with Coop and Gallup lmao

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
These two unplugged dummy talking heads are the last ones I would listen to.

Hadenough

Reaction score
:lmao2:

This is what cracks me up about the media. Does losing Jones close the Super Bowl window? Ohhhh. You mean the middle of the pack defense that couldn't stop Trubisky, Allen, Bridgewater, Darnold? Come on.

Losing Jones does hurt, absolutely. But let's not act like this is the 85 Bears, 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens losing a Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary or Derrick Brooks/Sapp/Lynch.
They may not be the 85 bears or 2000 ravens but this defense is ranked around 10 and you let Jones walk and they will drop to middle of the pack. But Jones isnt worth the money he is going to want. Just like someone else.

visionary

Reaction score

just imagine what people like you will be saying when the defense plays well and you have to backtrack

those excuses will be epic

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Somebody on this team does not like defensive players..

will not pay top defensive players..

and his name starts with "Jerrah"..

and ends with "Jones".

We will be the first team in the SB era to win it while paying the highest salary to a QB, a RB and a WR..

or we will die trying.

Go Jerrah, go.
DLaw is their highest paid player

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
just imagine what people like you will be saying when the defense plays well and you have to backtrack

those excuses will be epic
What are you talking about? The defense was good last year, and if they do it with less talent next year, its because of scheme. It's not backtracking, they had a ton of defensive talent last year and a **** scheme. Next year, they're going to try to go with a good scheme and less talent.

Simple. Good try, good effort.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Holy cow is this a horrible take lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I must be completely dense. I don't see what the team would be losing if/when Jones leaves. I understand he covers well, but no one could cover like Deion Sanders yet Deion had at least 2 interceptions every year of his career.

I think it's fair to at least question his worth, especially for the price tag he's estimated to command.

That's what the Byron Jones Fan Club tries to ignore.

0 interceptions over two years + the highest paid contract for a cornerback = dumb.