Skip Bayless 100% correct on Cowboys

MikeT22

Reaction score
But this year, after losing a bunch of players, they will be worse than last year and they have to play the 49ers again, and the Lions, who look like a much improved team. Get ready for a few more blowouts. This team is not making the playoffs unless the Eagles, Giants and Commanders all melt down.
Yeah I think it’s gonna be a tough year.
Lots of holes on the roster. Relying on last years backups, a few bargain basement / released players and the draft isn’t going to cut it.

Also going from Quinn to Zimmer, I think the defense won’t have as many takeaways as they’ve been accustomed to lately. It wasn’t a factor in the playoffs or against higher end teams because we rarely forced TO’s then.

But against the mid-lower end teams I think we’ll see it make a difference. A lot of the blowout wins were spurned on by the pressure and takeaways. I think we will start having many more closer games, and likely some more losses.

morat1959

Reaction score
I don't have to hate Skip Bayless to regard him as just another guy with an opinion... there are CZ posters who are more deserving of that seat on TV because they aren't just trying to yell or trying to say something more outrageous than yesterday in order to attract attention to himself.

Haven't watched that guy in years, and can't imagine why I'd ever start. He's just a mouth seeking to keep a job, and doing what he needs to do to that end.

Nothing to me. Just sayin.
The truth hurts!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If there's one thing that we've learned about the NFL, especially the draft, that nobody can predict the season.

Besides, have we ever seen guys like Bayless say something about Dallas like "They'll be pretty good, might even be able to make a run at the Super Bowl. They have talent and coaching, but we'll see what happens".

No, it's "Super Bowl favorites" or "This team will suck."

Lol. Anything to get people's hackles up...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If there's one thing that we've learned about the NFL, especially the draft, that nobody can predict the season.

Besides, have we ever seen guys like Bayless say something about Dallas like "They'll be pretty good, might even be able to make a run at the Super Bowl. They have talent and coaching, but we'll see what happens".

No, it's "Super Bowl favorites" or "This team will suck."

Lol. Anything to get people's hackles up...
What do you think then? Are the Cowboys SB favorites this coming season, or will the team suck?

As for me, I think this team is going to suck real bad.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
While true... not actually summarizing what I said.

Try this.

I have no idea why anyone cares what was said in the video.

Bayless... and his kind... have no legitimated regard. They're famous for being famous.

The only thing in this vein I ever watch that carries some salience is Speak. You routinely have 3 former players on the screen, two of which quite often have compelling insights. And, yeah, I have to admit, I've come to think highly of Joy Taylor who has no significant football credentials I'm aware of... and yeah, no doubt whatsoever she's part of the mix because of her eye candy value... but the girl's got a really well-developed... brain. Conversely to Bayless, she's not loud for the sake of being loud, and the woman never says something just to get a reaction. She's incredibly logical, reliably has her facts straight. I'd hate to be married to her because she'd always be right, or even when she wasn't, she'd make a case for being right better than I could. :D
If it helps you feel any better, I haven't watched it....

_sturt_

Reaction score
If it helps you feel any better, I haven't watched it....
I'm sure you're a great guy, but it really doesn't. I just take it for granted that this is a place where we can offer our opinions, for better or worse, and that's just one of mine. If no one agrees, that's fine, or if everyone agrees, that's fine, or if someone wants to debate it, that's fine too. I can't think everything I post is actually going to be important to anyone. I can think that's okay.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sorry Skip haters, but he 100% NAILED this on every point!!!

GRAVE? Nope. Grave danger is far worse than missing a playoff run. But in danger of being bad for like 2-3 years? YES. Sometimes ya got to get worse before you can get better. Thats where the team is.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What do you think then? Are the Cowboys SB favorites this coming season, or will the team suck?

As for me, I think this team is going to suck real bad.
Neither. Too much talent to suck, too many key players left to be SB favorite.

Mainly, it's just far too early to make any definitive prediction. Just some examples of what needs to be determined:
1. Was Mazi's low production due to his weight loss, just being "not ready for prime time" or is he already a bust who cant compete in the NFL? And if it's due to his weight loss, will Dallas allow him to put it back on?
2. Overshown was a good prospect, was last year a complete waste or did he learn things by watching? How good is he really, since we didn't get to see him play? Will he turn out to be a great surprise, in a good way?
3. Was Bland's great year due to real skill, or just teams underestimating him? The pick-6s all came early in the season, have teams figured him out or will he be even better this year, under Zimmer?
4. Will Diggs be back 100%, or near to it? How will he get along with Bland, since he was the interception star the year before? Can they share the spotlight?
5. How will the draft go? Can we maybe see something like Lamb dropping to the 17th pick, and grab a really good player lower than anybody thought? Can McClay convince Jerry and McCarthy to follow his recommendations? Or will Jerry's perennial "go for the flashy player" rear its ugly head?
6. Is Dowdle as good or better than Pollard was last year?
7. Can Dallas keep Gilmore, and if so, will he recover from his surgery? Is this the year due to age his performance falls off a lot?
8. Will Dallas sign more good free agents, or are they done for this off season?
9. Can Dak improve? Seems unlikely due to his already being in the league for years, but stranger things have happened.
10.Can the players get in step with Zimmer's style of defense? Or does he need a lot of different type of players to make it work?

Every season has its surprises, that's what makes it interesting. I can't/won't make any firm predictions until way later this year....

DZSierra

Reaction score
If that turd is right, even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

Guy is trash and won't even respect him enough to read what he writes or says.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Neither. Too much talent to suck, too many key players left to be SB favorite.

Mainly, it's just far too early to make any definitive prediction. Just some examples of what needs to be determined:
1. Was Mazi's low production due to his weight loss, just being "not ready for prime time" or is he already a bust who cant compete in the NFL? And if it's due to his weight loss, will Dallas allow him to put it back on?
2. Overshown was a good prospect, was last year a complete waste or did he learn things by watching? How good is he really, since we didn't get to see him play? Will he turn out to be a great surprise, in a good way?
3. Was Bland's great year due to real skill, or just teams underestimating him? The pick-6s all came early in the season, have teams figured him out or will he be even better this year, under Zimmer?
4. Will Diggs be back 100%, or near to it? How will he get along with Bland, since he was the interception star the year before? Can they share the spotlight?
5. How will the draft go? Can we maybe see something like Lamb dropping to the 17th pick, and grab a really good player lower than anybody thought? Can McClay convince Jerry and McCarthy to follow his recommendations? Or will Jerry's perennial "go for the flashy player" rear its ugly head?
6. Is Dowdle as good or better than Pollard was last year?
7. Can Dallas keep Gilmore, and if so, will he recover from his surgery? Is this the year due to age his performance falls off a lot?
8. Will Dallas sign more good free agents, or are they done for this off season?
9. Can Dak improve? Seems unlikely due to his already being in the league for years, but stranger things have happened.
10.Can the players get in step with Zimmer's style of defense? Or does he need a lot of different type of players to make it work?

Every season has its surprises, that's what makes it interesting. I can't/won't make any firm predictions until way later this year....
Lots of questions need to be answered for sure. However, I am "all in" that Jerry and his son will make all the right decisions, I'm sure this time they got it right.

Anybody that disagrees with me have never played football, have an agenda and are just trolls that can just go root for a different team!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Shut up, I was not addressing you. If I attack you personally, you will know it. Remember how you told another poster to not get into a convo that you were in, as if this forum belongs to you?
Let’s calm down and keep it football. You’re gonna raise your blood pressure. You indirectly addressed me. Nice try. Stand on it don’t be scared.